• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

Amir0x

Banned
Other than Reality Fighters, looks pretty good.

This is going to force me to get it at launch if Wipeout is there, though.

Is that one Unnamed game looks like an even more stylized Loco Roco?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sankt-Antonio said:
i told myself im only buying the ngp when dark souls/demons souls gets a port - but damn ... look at wipeout. i just hope that someday the big teams start making these games and stop the outsourcing.
Isn't Wipeout by the actual Wipeout team?

I mean, it's not like they've been doing anything else lately.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
Looks a lot like it.
Graphics Horse said:
I was thinking it went back to the PS1.
But their shitty legacy lives on with the X and O still being the wrong way around :(.
Yeah, you're right...on both counts.
Why the hell did they make the switch? It's so much less comfortable.

Also, Reality Fighters looks amazingly horrible. Even worse than it looked in the unveiling video.

Speaking of that video, I'm really excited to see Gravity Daze. It had better be at E3! The same goes for the implied Q Entertainment game.

darkwing

Bad_Boy said:
wipeout and uncharted would be two great launch titles. couple that with the rumored lumines and call of duty.

im so ready. meet me some where vita.

oh shesh, Lumines with new gameplay mechanics would be awesome on the OLED screen

WipEout 2048 – an arcade racing with very vivid graphics and a complicated (for me) control system – you not only need to press the right buttons but also tilt and turn the console to get into turns.

Probably an alternative control method just like the one in HD. Traditional control method will undoubtedly also be available.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Nirolak said:
Isn't Wipeout by the actual Wipeout team?

I mean, it's not like they've been doing anything else lately.
i dont really know, would be great. but the uncharted team outsourced it .i just hope the psp is nothing to go by in that regards.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wipeout looks amazing, I would snag that game on day 1 even if it looked half this good.

SSHD looks good, but I bought the PS3 and PSP games, so I hope this will set itself apart, either by gameplay or controls.

Uncharted "looks" amazing, but I'll reserve judgement until we get more details. Half assed games will only spoil the series for me.

Unnamed game looks interesting, will keep an eye on it.

Realolity Fighters looks pretty bad. Avoid!

Amir0x said:
Other than Reality Fighters, looks pretty good.

This is going to force me to get it at launch if Wipeout is there, though.

probably Sound Shapes, 'musical platformer' from Jonathan Mak, the guy who make everyday shooter

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
sankt-Antonio said:
i dont really know, would be great. but the uncharted team outsourced it .i just hope the psp is nothing to go by in that regards.
It's outsourced to Sony Bend, and not owning a PSP means I've missed out on their Syphon Filters, but they were allegedly amazing. I wouldn't worry.

mr_nothin

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
Probably an alternative control method just like the one in HD. Traditional control method will undoubtedly also be available.
If they were smart, then the tilt turning would only enhance the regular turning that you do on the analog...instead of having it as an alternate control scheme.

Did he just mention a very strong auto-aiming mechanism in Uncharted? There doesn't seem to be a need for it, since the Vita has 2 sticks and all. And that simple 2D game reminds me of that 8 legged octopus Mini that just came out on the PS Store.

Both unnamed games look pretty nice, especially the latter one, hopefully it is a Super Stardust game. And Wipeout better have traditional controls too, I don't want to wave the Vita in the air like a buffoon.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
scr05.jpg

lolok Paula.

Last I heard, the Wipeout team doesn't really exist anymore... there were redundancies at SL and the remaining merged with Evolution...

Which is why this Wipeout game looks like ass.

And there's nothing smart about making tilt controls part of the main control scheme. It will have to be optional otherwise it will immediately turn off much of the fan base.

I tell you what, I think Creat Studios will find a nice little machine in the NGP/Vita. I'd love a portable TerRover...one of the few who would!

Great looking titles thus far.

Don't worry guys, Wipeout hasn't been outsourced it's being built by the same people as Wipeout HD on PS3. It's in very safe hands.

Chris_C

Krev said:
It's outsourced to Sony Bend, and not owning a PSP means I've missed out on their Syphon Filters, but they were allegedly amazing. I wouldn't worry.

It isn't being outsourced, it's being developed by Bend.

DiscoJer

neptunes said:
Did sony allow that during the first PSP? I remember some developers having problems releasing their 2D games because Sony felt that "they didn't fully showcase what the PSP had to offer"

Like Lumines? Or PoPoLoCrois, which was a port of a PS1 game (and 2d, or at least looks like it).

Benjamin1981 said:
So basically they blow all their before E3. Hopefully they still have something to show on monday.

I hope they get some third party support/announcements. Otherwise everyone is going to sell their NGPs after they beat Uncharted's single player mode.

(Yeah yeah, Wipeout, but no one seems to have cared about that on PSP....)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
A lot of people hoping for that $199 price tag need to wake up.

The 3DS is $249 with less tech (besides the 3d).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
DJmizuhara said:
Don't worry guys, Wipeout hasn't been outsourced it's being built by the same people as Wipeout HD on PS3. It's in very safe hands.

SCE Liverpool lives :O

Now we just need Liverpool FC to win something for the world to be balanced again.

Benjamin1981 said:
So basically they blow all their load before E3. Hopefully they still have something to show on monday.

you call this blowing their load? a bunch of screenshots and not even a name for some of these games with no trailers etc.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Benjamin1981 said:
So basically they blow all their load before E3. Hopefully they still have something to show on monday.

Sony's been treating E3 as a season rather than one day, the last couple of years.

But I think they may be holding back on third party titles until next week. That way their titles can get a lot of attention now and third parties can get attention next week with less competition from Sony's own stuff.

DJmizuhara said:
So were the redundancies at SL and a merger with Evolution a bunch of BS?

jiggle

gofreak said:
But I think they may be holding back on third party titles until next week.

i wonder if the focus will be mainly on western devs
with jpn devs getting a separate event afterward

i hope not

gofreak said:
Sony's been treating E3 as a season rather than one day, the last couple of years.

But I think they may be holding back on third party titles until next week. That way their titles can get a lot of attention now and third parties can get attention next week with less competition from Sony's own stuff.
That's more or less what they did last year

Luigiv

gofreak said:

Key words in bold. In actuality Sony isn't holding back anything! This is there entire E3 NGP presence right here. There are no third party games (or even trailers for that matter).

Man

At least we know launch will rock with this thing.

My 3DS is still laying there practically unused after two months.

darkwing

Luigiv said:
Key words in bold. In actuality Sony isn't holding back anything! This is there entire E3 NGP presence right here. There are no third party games (or even trailers for that matter).

you know this how?

Pazuzu9 said:
So were the redundancies at SL and a merger with Evolution a bunch of BS?

Evo and SL are different studios at different locations. That has always been the case and is still today. There were reduns as announced at SL previously, but they are still developing the new wipEout game.

Top Bottom