• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week Conference 2015 Thread

stryke

Watched it live and then re-watched it with GameTrailers commentary. Probably my least favourite Sony pressers of the big three this year.

Jim Ryan listing half a dozen games released this year with long pause and clapping between each was tedious.

Yeah, this part in particular was insufferable.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Was a solid showing. Noone expected e3 levels of bombshells and for that it was solid.
gt was the megaton for me.

would watch again.

For me this was a really really bad show...

Gran Turismo Sport - Dont care i dont like racing games
Detroit - Dont care for these kind of games i find them boring and so slow.
Dreams - Could be good but it was a pretty boring show, atleast we know you can make adventure games. Question is how hard is it to make something like that?
Uncharted 4 - Excited for the game but this multiplayer trailer was crap. No info on maps, loadouts, player count or game modes. If they just showed a live played match it would have been more exciting. Also give me a horde/mass effect 3 multiplayer mode.
Horizon - Im really looking forward to this game but this "trailer" or whatever it was were just the same thing s as E3 just worse. The ropetrap arrows didnt land where the player were aiming, there was this weird cut when he paused the game and floating rocks. The least they could do is change the weather or time of day.
Gravity Rush 2 - Never played Gravity rush but this does not look like my kind of game
Wild - It got my attention but this game could go either way.
No Man Skys - I will buy this game dont need to see more.
MatterFall - CGI trailer fuck off
Ratchet and Clank - not my kind of game
DriveClub Bikes - Dont care for racing
Street Fighter V - Dont care about competetive gaming
Black Ops 3 Zombies - Dont care Cod
Star Wars - Looks and sounds great but i dont care for competetive gaming
Rigs - Dont care about competetive gaming
Until Dawn and the Crytek Game dino game - On rails point and click game? dont care

Jigorath

Banned
Jim Ryan seemed somehow even worse at presenting than usually, but all in all the conference was enjoyable, even if it felt like a step down from the past few Gamescom presentations.

Jim Ryan always pauses for half an hour after every sentence while he waits for applause.

kriskrosbbk

Dreams - Could be good but it was a pretty boring show, atleast we know you can make adventure games. Question is how hard is it to make something like that?
Uncharted 4 - Excited for the game but this multiplayer trailer was crap. No info on maps, loadouts, player count or game modes. If they just showed a live played match it would have been more exciting. Also give me a horde/mass effect 3 multiplayer mode.
Horizon - Im really looking forward to this game but this "trailer" or whatever it was were just the same thing s as E3 just worse. The ropetrap arrows didnt land where the player were aiming, there was this weird cut when he paused the game and floating rocks. The least they could do is change the weather or time of day.
Gravity Rush 2 - Never played Gravity rush but this does not look like my kind of game
Until Dawn and the Crytek Game dino game - On rails point and click game? dont care

Do you care at all?

I'm curious to know wth you even play lol...

Hmmm, you seem a bit desposed to negativity. Anything you like?

All that typing to come across like a petulant child /edgy teenager.

Elfstruck

Actually, theres suckerpunch too.
And scej considering they possibly cant be only doing one main game..

According to Verendus, there will be 3 notable first party annoucement between PGW and PSX. With GT out of the way, I would assume that Bend and SSM ( hinted by Cory Barlog) will be there.

Macnair

You're asking a lot from Uncharted 4 Multiplayer but you don't care for competitive gaming...

I pray I never get this jaded towards gaming.

Fat4all

Banned
I pray I never get this jaded towards gaming.

2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
They didn't show Rime, ABZU or Hunger. So this was just another disappointment.

foxbeldin

This has to be sarcasm... please?

do you care about video games ?

this guy jus't don't care about racing games, platform games, fighting games, tps games

I thought it was a great show. 8/10 for me.

Horizon, Dreams, WILD, Detroit, Matterfall, UC4 MP and Gravity Rush 2 were all particular highlights. I like how SCEE got all the 3rd party stuff out the way early and the rest of it all were exclusive games (btw No Mans Sky is now PS4 console exclusive right?)

Also a decent showcase for PlaystationVR, seems there will be solid games for it and not just launch tech demos.

Hahaha I hate videogames basically.

hEist

Solid Conference. Finally a date for No Man Skys, but to be honest, i don't think it will hit june. September will be it.

Also: again, no rime. Not even a glimpse.
I'm missing the Tomorrow Children release date. I know that they announced a beta test (no date so far) but this game is due this year(autumn?) i think?
this game needs more screentime, really.

Pinktaco

I tried to watch it, but my stream just died after housemarque's game :|
Looking at the list in the OP I'm pleasantly surprised. I had no expectations at all, but GT"7" and the new game from Quantic Dream is all great for me :D I'm also eagerly awaiting the new R&C game and Horizon so that's all good to me.

0e4f41f0-c033-0132-9a58-0e01949ad350.gif

addik

Found the press conference pretty all right actually. Some good games were finally shown (Wild, that rad Dreams presentation, Edith Finch). We had some great announcements (Detroit, mainly. Not a fan of racing genres to appreciate Driveclub Bikes and GT Sports), and some great previews. The pacing was just off (spent too much time on GT Sports, PS VR), and it lacked some of the games that made Sony's Gamescom 2014 press conference special. (Where's Rime? Where's Tomorrow Children?)

Sjefen

I liked the conference but were some slow points especially in the beginning. Wild was my game of the show, looks awesome 8/10

Bollocks

The crowd was really lackluster, they could have done this years E3 conference and the reactions wouldn't be any more ecstatic.
Seemingly the only way to get the crowd hype was to put french developers on stage.

UrbanRats

Here's my list of impressions:

Good:
  • WiLD looks like the best thing ever, a game i've been dreaming about since i was a kid, is actually getting made, i can't believe it.
  • Dreams has some amazing graphics and looks insanely cool in general, though i don't have confidence in people making cool content beyond "look, i recreated this popular thing in Dreams!"
  • DriveClub Bikes is nice, maybe i'll get DC after all.
  • Ratchet and Clank looks really pretty, i'm not a fan of the franchise, but i'll probably get it when it's cheap.
  • Boundless looks cool, would've like to see more of what you actually do in the game.
Meh:
  • Gravity Rush 2 i'm really looking forward to this, but that trailer was really not effective, i could barely tell the practical, gameplay differences in the 3 gravity modes; game still look gorgeous tho.
  • Horizon again, game itself is insane, but this demo was essentially the E3 one in a slightly different area.
  • Uncharted 4 i just didn't like the phony style they went with, for the trailer, would've rather seen some straight up gameplay.
  • No Man's Sky ok we got a release window, but what a pointless trailer otherwise, didn't show anything remotely new or interesting.
Bad:
  • MatterFall show me something concrete or don't waste my time.
  • Gran Turismo Sport just a bad way to show something like this, went on forever.
  • VR i'm really excited for it, but the way they presented it was not good at all, and again, went on forever.
  • Detroit looks pretty from a technical standpoint, but such a boring visual design and subject matter.
  • Vector a lot of pretension, for what looks like another Audiosurf/Thumper/RhythmRacer.

WiLD and Dreams really made this worthwhile, otherwise, i didn't think it was that good of a conference... and where the fuck was RIME?

Rosur

I liked the conference but were some slow points especially in the beginning. Wild was my game of the show, looks awesome 8/10

Yep agree WiLD looks awesome, Horizon could have been Game of the show but they showed basically the same demo as E3. If they had shown a new area/ enemy's it would have been a lot more interesting.

Shabad

I am happy with Horizon showing à different take of the same demo. Better that than spoil the game... I really want to go as blind as possible on that one, and I don't trust myself to avoid brand new footage if they release it !

Rymuth

WiLD and Dreams really made this worthwhile, otherwise, i didn't think it was that good of a conference... and where the fuck was RIME?
Obviously they've pushed it back. They gotta have another E3 where all the vaporware gets revived

E3 2016
  • Deep Down
  • Rime
  • Tekken x Street Fighter

eFKac

Obviously they've pushed it back. They gotta have another E3 where all the vaporware gets revived

E3 2016
  • Deep Down
  • Rime
  • Tekken x Street Fighter

Lol honestly when Harada got on stage and they started crossing arms with Ono, I was pretty sure they are gonna reintroduce Tekken x SF...

Do you care about video games ?

Rime doesn't need to be anywhere. They could simply announce a release date with a new trailer on a blogpost just like The Witness did.

But it's weird how Sony handles this.

Well, @RIMEgame said on Twitter that they won't be at PSX. Someone wants to provide the tweet, I'" on mobile and it's a chore.

It's all a ruse. They simply want to dampen your spirits just so they can raise them again when Spanish Ico appears on the screen. Nothing to worry about.

uh oh

Top Bottom