• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week Conference 2015 Thread

cripterion

So what are all the psvr games on demo there?

They have some type of shooter in an arena and in another booth a racing game. Didn't have time to hit it today cause was busy (Ubisoft Booth). Will try again tomorrow if time permits.
Normally the VR stuff is invitation only, only got in cause we gave the security guy some goodies lol

Ono-san came to play The Division today haha.
wp_20151030_13_24_32_ewpi9.jpg

Was kind enough to take a pic with me.

Now that I think about it, it was a little weird Ubisoft didnt have a spot on the Sony stage. Being France and all. Get Yves on stage doing his thing with the home town crowd.

Does Ubisoft have many teams left in France these days outside of Ancel's team at Montpellier? I want to say The Crew team is french?

The Crew is made by Montpellier team I think.
As for the R6 Siege and The Division they're both being tested on Xbox One (AC Syndicate on PS4) so I would say that kinda answers the partnering agreements.

Finally tried PS VR, damn it's pretty nice.

Got the game Hypercube on demo and I couldn't get it at first but once you get into it it's really good. The gamepad appearing in your virtual space is a nice touch too. Really was impressed by it, it's like a futuristic version of Tetris.Will try to do other games tomorrow.

Also met Adam Boyes, really nice guy!
Nice...cool story man, tks for sharing, I think VR is going to be a nice market.

cripterion

Nice...cool story man, tks for sharing, I think VR is going to be a nice market.

Honestly it's pretty convincing. I still have the same reserves as before though, meaning you're in your own little bubble, little gaming world so I don't see myself using it a lot even if I picked up one having 2 kids and a wife, maybe on those late nights when there's some time but yeah lol.

I remember the Sony girl was even talking to me but could barely hear her during the demo, I knew she was supposed to be on my right side but couldn't tell if she was there anymore unless I removed the whole thing.

Also the helmet was nice and comfy for the short time I wore it.

Top Bottom