• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Patents possible PS5 Backward Compatibility method invented by Mark Cerny

Ar¢tos

If any one should be able to easily emulate PS3, it would be Sony.

I'm completely convinced the only reason PS4 didn't have BC was a business decision.
I'm completely convinced that you know very little about how hardware works if you think the toaster CPU in the ps4 could emulate the CELL.
Only the GPU of the ps4 could possibly emulate the SIMD ability of the CELL, but you can't emulate a CPU with a GPU (latency, functions).

Bryank75

Banned
LOL I joined a long time ago in 2016, I just never use gaf unless I wanna find out some, leaks, rumors or funny gif's
Ah, you should post more often if you get a chance. I really enjoy it here... had great fun since I joined.
Any of the other guys on here?

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
I'm completely convinced that you know very little about how hardware works if you think the toaster CPU in the ps4 could emulate the CELL.
Only the GPU of the ps4 could possibly emulate the SIMD ability of the CELL, but you can't emulate a CPU with a GPU (latency, functions).

The PS4 CPU is garbage, but I'm quite sure Sony could easily put together an emulator that would run much better than some enthusiast could. Besides, I'm talking more about PS1/PS2 emulation.

Top Bottom