• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Philippines PS3 Launch (Lots of activities)

darkwing

It's finally official!

http://www.sony.com.ph/microsite/PS2010/PlayStation_Mar2010_Newsletter.html
Limited Edition PlayStation® 3 Package
Aside from the 3000 Php Software & Accessories Discount and the Premium item, be sure to also get these additional discounts:

First 5 people : Additional 3000 php Software & Accessories discount
6 – 20 people : Additional 2,500 php Software & Accessories discount
21 – 40 people : Additional 2,000 php Software & Accessories discount
41 – 60 people : Additional 1,500 php Software & Accessories discount
61 – 80 people : Additional 1,000 php Software & Accessories discount
81 – 100 people : Additional 500 php Software & Accessories discount
Sony Philippines, Inc. invites you to the first PlayStation Event in Philippines on March 27 and 28 at the Glorietta Activity Center. Enjoy the extensive display of the full PlayStation line-up, try out the newest game offerings and watch the hottest bands perform onstage.

Up for grabs are brand new PlayStation 3 , (PSP) PlayStation Portable and limited edition PlayStation premium items by simply joining any of the following activities:

* COSPLAY Fashion - Come in your best Anime/PS game character COSPLAY attire and strut your stuff to win a brand new PlayStation 3
* COSPLAY Battlefield - Create a 2 minute Battle/Fight Scene Simulation with 2 other friends and win 1 PSP each
* PlayStation Amazing Race - Discover the PlayStation World Amazing Race Style with a partner and win 1 PSP each
* PSP (PlayStation Portable) Tekken Network Battle - Step up to the challenge and be the best Tekken Dark Resurrection fighter to bring home a brand new PS3
* PlayStation 3 Ridge Racer 7 Competition - Are you in need of speed? Finish first in the Ridge Racer 7 Game and be an owner of a brand new PS3
* I Want A PlayStation®3 Raffle Onsite Draw - 2 brand new PlayStation®3 to be raffled out

lots of stuff! I wish i could be there :D 2 PS3s to be raffled away!

Keyouta

interesting to see Sony showing support for the Philippines. It's great! Now, I am assuming the piracy going on there has went down? Last time I visited the beach capital was in 2007.

darkwing

Keyouta said:
interesting to see Sony showing support for the Philippines. It's great! Now, I am assuming the piracy going on there has went down? Last time I visited the beach capital was in 2007.

well let's just say the PS3 is the only thing surviving and those PSPs that are not hackable yet :lol

but it's a pretty big thing here, they say they are pushing 3D gaming

darkwing

dolemite said:
Didn't the Slim launch way ahead of the world wide launch in the Philipines, if you know what I mean?

yeah but that was 'unofficial' :lol

check out the banner

playstation-philippines.jpg

:lol

dawnXjustice said:
Let's see how they price it. I'm actually expecting even higher prices than the grey market units.
At least we would still have Datablitz :D I hope they follow EA's footsteps and adjust their prices to become more palatable to the market.

Not necessarily. EA games here are cheaper. Dragon Age in Datablitz, for instance, goes for P1400 (~$30) since it has been released. Recently released DS games go between P1500-P2000 ($35-$45), with the older games FINALLY having price drops.

dwin45

I really was curious about how much it will cost. cenxa na lng kung panget tagalog ko...matagal na kc ako wala sa pinas.

dwin45 said:
I really was curious about how much it will cost. cenxa na lng kung panget tagalog ko...matagal na kc ako wala sa pinas.
Your Tagalog is good enough, pero yung text speak mo medyo alangan ako dyan :lol

darkwing said:
the prospect of having a PSN Philippines store is making me giddy
Well if they could deliver games fast enough and cheaper, I wouldn't mind them giving us our own space.

Support is nice. But I'm not keeping my hopes up if its nothing more but barebones token support.

Pero ayos yun kung me Tagalog language setting :lol

darkwing

dwin45 said:

what we know for sure is the warranty is going to be 1 yr, its pretty good considering its a Sony warranty

as for the price, we heard numbers ranging from 14999 to 17999, most likely its the former

What are the launch games? Or is the entire library of PS3 games available from get go? Man you guys are in for some awesome gaming. Playing Uncharted 2, MGS4, GoW 3 and Heavy Rain all in one day will explode your brains. Twice.

darkwing

RustyNails said:
What are the launch games? Or is the entire library of PS3 games available from get go? Man you guys are in for some awesome gaming. Playing Uncharted 2, MGS4, GoW 3 and Heavy Rain all in one day will explode your brains. Twice.

Based on the launch activities I'm guessing Tekken:DR and Ridge Racer 7 :lol but we already got our PS3s and game from the grey market here, what makes this launch awesome is it will create more publicity for the PS3 here because it's going to be sold in all Sony stores here just like the Bravia's etc... :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
darkwing said:
what we know for sure is the warranty is going to be 1 yr, its pretty good considering its a Sony warranty

as for the price, we heard numbers ranging from 14999 to 17999, most likely its the former
Which is roughly 329 to 395 in USD.

Onemise

Banned
Sony Philippines, Inc. invites you to the first PlayStation Event in Philippines on March 27 and 28 at the Glorietta Activity Center. Enjoy the extensive display of the full PlayStation line-up, try out the newest game offerings and watch the hottest bands perform onstage.

Up for grabs are brand new PlayStation 3 , (PSP) PlayStation Portable and limited edition PlayStation premium items by simply joining any of the following activities:

* COSPLAY Fashion - Come in your best Anime/PS game character COSPLAY attire and strut your stuff to win a brand new PlayStation 3
* COSPLAY Battlefield - Create a 2 minute Battle/Fight Scene Simulation with 2 other friends and win 1 PSP each
* PlayStation Amazing Race - Discover the PlayStation World Amazing Race Style with a partner and win 1 PSP each
* PSP (PlayStation Portable) Tekken Network Battle - Step up to the challenge and be the best Tekken Dark Resurrection fighter to bring home a brand new PS3
* PlayStation 3 Ridge Racer 7 Competition - Are you in need of speed? Finish first in the Ridge Racer 7 Game and be an owner of a brand new PS3
* I Want A PlayStation®3 Raffle Onsite Draw - 2 brand new PlayStation®3 to be raffled out
wtf!? this game is too old, i already sold that game of mine. there's no way i can practice now legitly. pero pupunta pa rin ako dyan makikisaya. may EB ba PinoyPS?

darkwing

Onemise said:
wtf!? this game is too old, i already sold that game of mine. there's no way i can practice now legitly. pero pupunta pa rin ako dyan makikisaya. may EB ba PinoyPS?

Yup, check out the Global thread there :D we are pretty much excited , ang saya kaya nito! :D a mall Amazing Race to win a PSP for goodness sakes :lol

P15k is still a bit too expensive. The game prices are more important, though. If they make them palatable enough, I just might finally give in.

RustyNails said:

Looks like they are starting off with the basics, like Ridge Racer 7. Ouch.

darkwing

Digital-Hero said:

:lol better than nothing? it's Ridddgeeeeeeee Raceerrrrrrr :lol

the big event is on the 27/28 then we will know how much is the PS3 and the games although i bet it will be higher than the grey market prices

Afrikan

Digital-Hero said:

that "basic" game you are talking about is True Native 1080p 60fps.....more than I can say for that game in your AV.

WHAT HAVE I DONE D:

jsnepo

Digital-Hero said:

The brochure I got shows FFXIII, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, God of War Collection, and some other games. It baffles me MGS4 is not included.

@darkwing

We'll be there. Why don't you visit us here in Manila next week and join us? :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guess I'll be going. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
darkwing said:
the prospect of having a PSN Philippines store is making me giddy :lol

I already made a US account. D:

If we get a PSN store, I wonder where our games will be based off?

jsnepo

darkwing said:
It only does time travel.

Great Scott!

I'll visit the launch. I really want to see Motorstorm 2 and GT5 in 3D. Someone from PPS said Sony is demoing 3D games in MOA.

ULTROS!

You know, I bought FFXIII for around $48 here. That's cheaper than the Amazon price ($59.99) :lol

Top Bottom