• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Planning PlayStation Event in Early Feb, Invites Going Out Next Week

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Granblue-Fantasy-Relink-Banner.jpg

1504364026750_image.jpg

original.gif

Freeman76

"Huge if true" lmfao

Its obvious, what you think they're gunna do, announce it after its released? They have to announce it before the end of their fiscal year for a start, which means before the end of March.

This isnt news at all. The guy has no real source, but he is probably either a remote viewer or just not stupid and realises like most of us that this thing will be unveiled in the next few weeks.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So it's the same as the last gen? MS in May? Would be nice if they move their asses before Sony. But I can't see that happening...

I am buying both for the information, I am just more interested, especially on the begining of this gen, in GamePass machine™...

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

bosnianpie

Rumor or not, now it's just a question of time. Everyone seems to agree that it will happen in Q1 and February keeps popping up as the most plausible option. Hype train is approaching the station, nothing can stop it now!

D.Final

Banned

Huge if true.

This coincides exactly with the rumor leaked in August, precisely regarding the Playstation Meeting set for February 12, 2020.

GgmVT5c.jpg

MCh0bQG.jpg

Last edited:

McHuj

Ghost of Tshushima and Last of Us 2 being the focus of the PS5 reveal would be a tremendous disappointment.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'll go as far as saying the PS5 will be officially revealed and will end the Xbox's life.

Well, Ass Creed Ragnarok leak :

He further stated that Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok will release in October and will be revealed on 12th February at the Sony’s PS5 reveal event which is yet to be announced, and the image above shows a female character named “Jora” who will be the main protagonist in Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok.

Bkdk

Similar timing like the ps4 media event. Will be watching for the specs to estimate how rtx3080ti will hold up for the whole gen and see if there is announcement for some pc releases.

Goalus

I'll go as far as saying the PS5 will be officially revealed and will end the Xbox's life.
If they didn't manage to end Xbox's life during the last few years, for sure they won't be able to in the future now that Xbox is in its strongest position it has ever been in. It rather looks like Sony will become dependent on Microsoft though, if they base their future streaming solution on Azure.

Don't worry PS5 will come on top even if they reveal specs in a month

In your dreams.

Last edited:
Yeah that's not how it works at all...spec are largely set at this point. You cannot change things like this that quickly. Xbox one also was revealed after PS4, didn't matter did it

Yet in 2013, Sony waited for XBox to drop the ball on always-on, DRM, no ability to sell used discs and made sure to reverse their own plan to match those policies at the last minute! Very cynical move by Sony and it worked for them. So Microsoft should cynically hold their event after Sony to identify any negatives from PS5 and immediately offer 'fixes' in XBox Series X.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Full PS4 backwards compatibility has already been announced
We don't know absolutely anything conrete about it - will it be full BC or just first party games will be supported, how it'll work, do we have to download anything from PSN or the games will work of of PS4 discs and only updates needs to be downloaded (if there is any) and full game if you so choose.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
I mean that's exactly what they did with PS4 so of course. lol

Nintendo better have that Direct in January or wait later.

Top Bottom