• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation DE outs Star Wars 1313 for PS3 in 2013 [LA: No Announced Platforms]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Maxed out Direct X9/10 games aren't next gen...

I mean that when someone who hasn't seen the quality of the games we've been playing on PC for over 2 years, they would mistake that quality for next gen.

It's a bit of a simplification but we've been playing amazing looking games on PC for quite some time.

Quentyn

Heh, Kotaku posted the story and a couple minutes later

Sorry Leute.. Es gibt noch keine Plattformen die seitens Lucas Arts zum Spiel genannt wurden. Da wir selbst Gamer sind, hoffen wir aber natürlich auf einen Release des Spiels auf einer unserer PlayStation Plattformen und das wollten wir mit den Bildern nochmal unterstreichen.

Also SORRY nochmal für die Aufregung hier!!

Short translation: There are no platforms announced, but they are gamers themselves and hope to see the game on "our Playstation platforms" in the future.

Eideka

Banned
I mean that when someone who hasn't seen the quality of the games we've been playing on PC for over 2 years, they would mistake that quality for next gen.

It's a bit of a simplification but we've been playing amazing looking games on PC for quite some time.

Amazing looking no doubt...But next-gen ? No.

Crysis 3 is the only one I can think of that really gives me this "next-gen" feel.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Now it seems to be deleted?

Also "We're gamers ourselves and want it on our Playstation platforms" is super weak from an official PlayStation social media account.

Quentyn

Now it seems to be deleted?

Also "We're gamers ourselves and want it on our Playstation platforms" is super weak from an official PlayStation social media account.

Yea, seems like now they just deleted the whole post.

Kotaku has a statement from Lucasarts

We asked Lucas PR: "The official PlayStation Germany site is listing Star Wars 1313 for PS3. Is the game coming to that platform? Or is the page in error?"

They've said: "No, that was an inaccurate post. We have not confirmed any platforms yet for 1313 and do not have any announcements to make at this time."

Darth

Doesn't look like anything that can't be done on the PS3 or even 360. Sure the resolution will probably be 720 or slightly less, but other than that.

Wouldn't surprise me if most multiplats in the first year or so of the next gen are also ported to the 360 and PS3. The userbase is to large to ignore. I mean the PS2 was still getting ports in 2011, Madden and MLB The Show and NBA 2K as well as others I am sure all had PS2 versions in 2011. So it is not crazy to believe a lot of multiplats next gen will have PS360 ports as well.

KAL2006

Banned
That other thread on GAF of list of rumoured and confirmed next gen games. Majority of those games will come this gen including Destiny, Watchdogs, MGSV and etc.

Reiko

Banned
Doesn't look like anything that can't be done on the PS3 or even 360. Sure the resolution will probably be 720 or slightly less, but other than that.

Try looking at the footage again. Or the GIF.

Look at the amount of bandwidth that would be required just to have that section of the GIF running correctly. Top tier games like Uncharted avoids complicated graphical scenarios like that GIF due to lack of available RAM.

Darth

Try looking at the footage again. Or the GIF.

Look at the amount of bandwidth that would be required just to have that section of the GIF running correctly. Top tier games like Uncharted avoids complicated graphical scenarios like that GIF due to lack of available RAM.

Doesn't look as complicated as some levels of Uncharted 3. Dock level before making it to the boat for example looks much more intensive. The character animations look better in Uncharted as well during combat (of course the Star Wars game isn't complete and has time for improvement).

I think the game looks good, similar style to Uncharted and I hope it is a ton of fun.

Reiko

Banned
Doesn't look as complicated as some levels of Uncharted 3. Dock level before making it to the boat for example looks much more intensive.

One is pushing physics via the Cell, the other one is pushing bandwidth sapping effects beyond the PS3's RAM.

If you can't notice that... Then all hope is lost.

Darth

One is pushing physics via the Cell, the other one is pushing bandwidth sapping effects beyond the PS3's RAM.

If you can't notice that... Then all hope is lost.

What I noticed was it isn't anything that hasn't been done before. If this was the best of next gen, well I'd be highly disappointed.

The demo of the Ubi game, EDIT: Watch Dogs, with the character controlling the traffic signals causing a crash is far more impressive overall and doesn't look like it could be done on the PS3.

Haunted

Obviously a mistake, good that it was corrected quickly.

The game will not come out on last generation consoles. PC, Orbis/Durango.

Top Bottom