• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

With Red Dead Redemption 2 now set to launch in Spring next year, Q3/Q4 2017 is little less crowded. How might this affect Sony's plans?

It helps them out because now Sony can make 3 limited bundles now. CoD and Star Wars for Holiday and RDR2 for Spring.

Edit: Forgot Destiny 2 Limited bundle in September.

I even heard Far cry 5 has marketing with Sony.

Sony marketing is crazy, they have:

Tekken 7, Destiny 2, MvC: Infinite, Battlefront 2, CoD, Far Cry 5, RDR2.

Turkoop

Banned
I believe FC5 will launch next year. They may launch AC in November and they have South Park in October. So there's no room for FC5.
They could release FC5 & The Crew 2 in March/February as they did with For Honor and GR Wildlands.

I think RDR2 will launch in April or May, they will talk with Sony when their titles will be released so no exclusive games will compete each other with RDR2

Nice! Good to know they''re still hunting for staff.
I think we get the DLC tease at PSX, E3 is way too soon for them to show something off.

Plus I suspect we might get some pretty hefty DLC, CD Projekt have set the gold standard with expansions for WRPG's.
GG just need to do something half as good as BW or HoS and I'll be happy.

I believe FC5 will launch next year. They may launch AC in November and they have South Park in October. So there's no room for FC5.
They could release FC5 & The Crew 2 in March/February as they did with For Honor and GR Wildlands.

I think RDR2 will launch in April or May, they will talk with Sony when their titles will be released so no exclusive games will compete each other with RDR2

Nah, I'm almost certain Far Cry 5 releases between Aug-Nov 2017.
It's a well known franchise that Ubi easily can iterate on, why draw it out with year long marketing?

FelipeMGM

FC5 in September

Auctopus

The advantages of being the console in the lead.

Similar stuff happened last generation with the 360. Games didn't come out on PS3 sometimes several months later.

It helps them out because now Sony can make 3 limited bundles now. CoD and Star Wars for Holiday and RDR2 for Spring.

Edit: Forgot Destiny 2 Limited bundle in September.

Sony also had marketing for 'The Surge' exclusive content and ads were for PS4.

dr_rus

It makes no sense to me, to launch 3 AAA-titles within 90 days or so. There is a big competition and I don't think they want to compete against D2 in september. FC5 sales would be a disaster. Could be the same as EA did with BF1/TF2

Since when does 3 AAA titles in 90 days became too much? And what's the third title besides FC5 and D2? Even more, I'd argue that FC5 and D2 do not compete for the same players.

Cyberia

8GOlcov.jpg

https://twitter.com/JakeRocket/status/867109952309035012

AndyVirus

Since when does 3 AAA titles in 90 days became too much? And what's the third title besides FC5 and D2?

I assume he meant 3 Ubisoft AAA games in 90 days. South Park in October, Assassin's Creed presumably in November. Plus Rabbids + Just Dance, Ubisoft have a lot coming out this fall. Past 2 years they've done a Feb/March double so could well do the same again with Far Cry & The Crew in 2018.

I assume he meant 3 Ubisoft AAA games in 90 days. South Park in October, Assassin's Creed presumably in November. Plus Rabbids + Just Dance, Ubisoft have a lot coming out this fall. Past 2 years they've done a Feb/March double so could well do the same again with Far Cry & The Crew in 2018.

Mmm Isn't Assassin's Creed a 2018 game? I think I read that.

ArmGunar

No, it's Fall 2017 by all accounts. Nothing official yet though.

They just confirm AC, Far Cry, The Crew and South Park for fiscal year 2017-2018 so until March 2018

South Park confirm for October 2017
Rumors for a release in 2017 for AC and Far Cry (November)

The Crew probably for early 2018

Had to look for while to figure out if the ludens figure was either behind them or in front of them. It's actually just beside them...

And how old is Kojima now? He still looks so young and cooooool

I can't wait for E3. Not just because it's E3, but we're gonna have way more to talk about ITT that's concrete.

I feel like for months, we've had to talk about tweets for updates. =(

I can't wait for E3. Not just because it's E3, but we're gonna have way more to talk about ITT that's concrete.

I feel like for months, we've had to talk about tweets for updates. =(

Yeah, my posts have decreased sharply over the last couple of months because I'm waiting on E3 to deliver proper news and updates so we've got stuff to talk about, but right now it feels kinda like drifting.

pixelation

I guess its kinda worth noting that Kojima wore that Sony shirt again for this Hirai meeting too

I remember that logo... it saw it all the time in the corner of my aunt's TV screen. It was on a translucent sticker... my aunt is the type that likes to pretend like everything is brand new so she wouldn't take it off eventhough it was starting to peel from the corner (the sticker).

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Emma Stone is not in Death Stranding.
Script change at last minute. Emma & Ryan both recruited after Kojima fell in love with La La Land. Now he wants to make the video game form of that in Death Stranding. The singing parts are gonna be weird af tbh and this whole thing was a mistake.

Top Bottom