• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

GeoramA

Shu visited Wild Sheep Studio a few days ago

0111kk6x.jpg
Can't wait to see how WiLD is progressing. It was my favorite demo shown last year.

DKHF

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Wild and I think we will get at least a release window the next time we see it.

Shin-Ra

Are some of the folks from Sumo Digital also working on WiLD? The guy second from right definitely helped demo LBP3 when it released.
No, that's SCEE's Pete Smith, now Director of Product Development at XDEV Europe.

I first remember him on stage presenting MotorStorm but he goes all the way back to Pysgnosis.

Shin-Ra

Yup yup. I met that guy at an event in Manchester when they launched the PlayStation Vita. He told us all about the technology going into LBP Vita. XDEV are sort of like Sony's ICE team but in Europe.
The SCEE equivalent of ICE is the Advanced Technology Group (SCEE ATG) who work out of London/Cambridge.

XDEV (eXternal DEVelopment) support external studios working on projects exclusive to SCEE.

Koozek

I could tell by the use of "actual" instead of "current" that OP is a fellow German :D Everytime I see the thread title it irks me a bit, haha.

FelipeMGM

My guess is that The Tomorrow Children will be either a september or december title.

October will be PSVR Extravaganza + TLG at the end of the month, November is GT Sports + third party madness. And then December is Gravity Rush 2 at the very beginning, so there is time for some marketing focus on TTC.

September would be ideal, since the biggest things releasing there so far are FFXV, FIFA 17 and NBA2K17, which are all at the end of the month.

schaft0620

Maybe SP's project is the leaked Western we still know nothing about?

z6BQpou.jpg

I spoke with the artist who worked on this concept art. He believes the project was canceled, not 100% sure. I wonder if this was Dead Don't Ride.

EDIT: Maybe Sony was worried it would release to close to Red Dead.

z6BQpou.jpg

I spoke with the artist who worked on this concept art. He believes the project was canceled, not 100% sure. I wonder if this was Dead Don't Ride.

EDIT: Maybe Sony was worried it would release to close to Red Dead.

I assumed Dead Don't Ride became Days Gone. Undead + motor bikes etc.

I could tell by the use of "actual" instead of "current" that OP is a fellow German :D Everytime I see the thread title it irks me a bit, haha.

haha :D

i asked some mods to change the name of the op , but never got an answer - so yeah we have to stick to this title

DKHF

Hopefully this year the TGS conference is 2 weeks before TGS like it was in the past, not like last year where it was the week of. Not that it matters for the show's content, just don't have to wait as long...

wapplew

Hopefully this year the TGS conference is 2 weeks before TGS like it was in the past, not like last year where it was the week of. Not that it matters for the show's content, just don't have to wait as long...

Recent TGS always bring the goods, I have high hope.
Plus the potential Neo announcement, should be an important TGS.

Some Nobody

I hope that's not the case :p I don't like western stuff, i would rather prefer a new infamous...

We don't even get that many western games, and if Sony was making one it could be really neat. I'm going to go for settings we don't get frequently over an IP that's had three games in less than a decade.

Sidenote: SP's definitely making a new IP, but from what I understand it doesn't sound like a Western. That concept art might just be some random art and not connected to a game at all. Shame. :(

FelipeMGM

Recent TGS always bring the goods, I have high hope.
Plus the potential Neo announcement, should be an important TGS.

Yep, they've been great

I wonder how much of new first and ''second'' party projects they will have there, Im trying to make some assumptions but this time its not really easy to predict that

klee123

Here's hoping Sony double down on their Japanese output this gen. We need some proper Jrpgs.

Here's hoping TGS brings in the goods.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'd like to see some stuff along the lines of Rain and Tokyo Jungle emerge. There's not much on the digital front coming out of Sony's Japanese efforts.

Gradly

Is there hope for a Puppeteer 1 or maybe 2 coming to PS4? Damn I wanted to play the game so badly but only if it were released on PS4.

Is there hope for a Puppeteer 1 or maybe 2 coming to PS4? Damn I wanted to play the game so badly but only if it were released on PS4.
Don’t think it sold all the well...wouldn’t count on it.

We should be getting updates from Studio Japan soon though, most of there projects are releasing soon.

Gravity Rush Remaster
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo (PD)

Hopefully TGS we get a peak into Sony’s biggest studios newest projects. Gonna assume a sequel to Bloodborne is in the works and Verendus hinted RPG’s.

I think Sony Japan is the best first party studio for me this gen.

Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian

GRR alone outdoes some of the other first parties. Guerrila may be the surprise of the gen with Horizon though.

AntMurda

Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian

GRR alone outdoes some of the other first parties. Guerrila may be the surprise of the gen with Horizon though.

Well GRR is the console port by Bluepoint and the other two games aren't even out.

dmshaposv

Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian

So a Vita port and two unreleased games makes them the best?

So a Vita port and two unreleased games makes them the best?
Yes? lol

Why are people getting offended by what I like?

Edit - Just to clarify, I don't want to make it sound like I haven't enjoyed games from the other first parties. It is more that Gravity Rush really clicked with me.

FelipeMGM

Google tells me they've been around since 2014, so no, they pre-date North West Studio. I think they're a sub-group of Sony's Liverpool R&D division.

Yeah, my gues is that they are just a division of development assistance that put their focus on VR products.

Their director used to be a producer for Evo before transitioning to Sony after their buyout in 2007

Afrikan

Yeah, my gues is that they are just a division of development assistance that put their focus on VR products.

Their director used to be a producer for Evo before transitioning to Sony after their buyout in 2007

Were they also in charge of helping devs with PS3 games on 3D TVs?

I don't know how to word that properly. :/

Yall remember Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3D download.

FelipeMGM

One of the description of their workers says this

''Working with developers to share VR knowledge, and help guide them to making the best possible experiences for PlayStation VR''

So yeah, basically what I described earlier I guess

Were they also in charge of helping devs with PS3 games on 3D TVs?

I don't know how to word that properly. :/

Yall remember Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3D download.

Maybe, some of the people in the team have experiences with Stereoscopic work, so you might be right

Top Bottom