• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

The God

Insomniac didn't exactly deny and say the imdb stuff was false, and jstevenson didn't confirm or deny either

given that we know it's a "more experienced" Spider-Man and that Osborne is in the game in some form, the imdb plot doesn't sound farfetched

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I just find a very interesting interview, a media translate famitsu's Team Ninja's HAYASHI interview(not English) last year.
He said that will have several PS4 exclusives in their plan ,and the multi-platform limit the quality of their games like DOA5 LR
Could you find the English Article, have any English Media report that?

FelipeMGM

Translation hero @bk2128 posted a bunch of Japanese devs/producers quotes from Famitsu and Dengeki about 2017 and beyond, including two from PlayStation:

C10TAkEUkAErh5E.jpg

Sony IE
Keiichiro Toyama: Right after GR2 I'll work on another new title
Shuhei Yoshida: Now producing lots of unannounced titles.

There is still hope for one more Toyama game this gen

It would be nice to know who else in Japan Studio is getting their chance to work on a new game.

So far we know it'll be:

1. Mark Cerny on [Knack 2]
2. Toyama on [New Toyama Project]
3. ???

Gavin Moore? Fumito Ueda? Someone else?

dracula_x

nice

btw, the most surprising fact to me about Toyama is that he is only 38 years old. I thought he is much older :) Ueda, for example, is 46 years old.

also his record is pretty good too:

Snatcher (1994) Graphic designer
International Track & Field (1996) Character designer
Silent Hill (1999) Director, writer, background designer
Siren (2003) Director, writer
Forbidden Siren 2 (2006) Director, designer, writer
Siren: Blood Curse (2008) Director, designer, writer
Gravity Rush (2012) Director, designer, original concept, initial story
Gravity Rush Remastered (2015) Director, designer, original concept, initial story
Gravity Rush 2 (2017) Director, designer

Zukkoyaki

Gavin Moore feels like a good guess for their next game (aside from Knack) to me. His last project was released over three years ago and as far as I've heard/seen he's still at Studio Japan.

I recall an interview in 2014 where he mentioned wanting his next game to be a more indie scale project. However, Cerny said the same thing and yet he's working on a proper retail sequel to Knack so I don't think it's unreasonable to think Gavin is helming a project that is of decent size and perhaps may have been rebooted once or twice.

nice

btw, the most surprising fact to me about Toyama is that he is only 38 years old. I thought he is much older :) Ueda, for example, is 46 years old.

also his record is pretty good too:
What? I didn't know he was that young!

Ueda looks amazing at his age too. It is as if he is 10-15 years younger than what he actually is.

Gavin Moore feels like a good guess for their next game (aside from Knack) to me. His last project was released over three years ago and as far as I've heard/seen he's still at Studio Japan.

I recall an interview in 2014 where he mentioned wanting his next game to be a more indie scale project. However, Cerny said the same thing and yet he's working on a proper retail sequel to Knack so I don't think it's unreasonable to think Gavin is helming a project that is of decent size and perhaps may have been rebooted once or twice.
I enjoyed Puppeteer. Gavin getting another shot would be awesome.

Thanks for the tip. That said, I think I've seen enough—trailers on trailers on trailers. I'm ready to play it.

I agree with this. Don't really need to see any more. However...

I really hope the new trailer focuses more on the open world RPG aspects. We've seen plenty of combat already.

I also agree with this! I really hope it's a gameplay trailer, with some shots of the different environments. I also hope it fills the tree number and density quota.

Did someone say new Horizon trailer this week?
Yay!!! I just peeked into the leak thread to see the Gifs, and wow, it really is looking like what I wanted from Capcom as far as a next gen Monster Hunter game. I just hope it's as challenging and engaging and more important to sales probably, I hope GG nails the story. If devs learn anything from TLOU, it should be that you don't need a premise that isn't cliche, you just need to have interesting characters and bring them to life with good dialogue.

If they nail it, I can see Horizon being successful, it's really one of the benchmarks for graphics IMO, I've never seen anything like it, and so many open world game have bland combat engines, it's a breath of fresh air on so many levels, the game deserves a well told story.

Javin98

Banned
All we going to see is the beard tech!
A little late to reply, but I would be satisfied with that. As a tech geek, I would love to know the overall polycount on Kratos and how many are attributed to the beard alone. Besides, we know the release date announcement is coming in March. :p

Top Bottom