• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Every time I boot ps4 there is either a system update or Days gone update... and it downloads FOREVER !!!
Stop updating Days Gone ffs ! Let's pretend it's fully fixed already :p

Bryank75

Banned

My favorite PS Podcasts and youtubers...

Last edited:

NahaNago

My favorite PS Podcasts and youtubers...

MBG is alright tend to use him for daily gaming news bits. I can't get in to Colin's podcast, I really feel like he needs someone better to bounce off of. Mystic I feel needs a more formal style since doesn't he do like mainly one video a week. I quit watching Yongyea guy since all he seems to grab on to is drama, drama, and more drama. Spawn Wave is pretty good with the gaming news as well. ReviewTechUSA is great for gaming opinion/ news as well.

Bryank75

Banned
MBG is alright tend to use him for daily gaming news bits. I can't get in to Colin's podcast, I really feel like he needs someone better to bounce off of. Mystic I feel needs a more formal style since doesn't he do like mainly one video a week. I quit watching Yongyea guy since all he seems to grab on to is drama, drama, and more drama. Spawn Wave is pretty good with the gaming news as well. ReviewTechUSA is great for gaming opinion/ news as well.

Yes, I usually watch a mix of all of them, depending what they are reporting on. I like Yong specifically for Kojima stuff... I don't watch when he does drama, I think you're right though.

Colins show can be great but only when I have a lot of time free and one or two have been a bit boring for me but usually it's decent.

MBG is the most like me and reflects many of my opinions and even used an article I suggested for him to read, so I loved that.

Rich on ReviewTechUSA is entertaining, he has a great personality but he doesn't strike me as a 'PlayStation guy', so he says certain things that rub me the wrong way but it is seldom enough that I can bear it.

I actually didn't know Mystic only did one vid a week, felt like more to me...

Yoooooo, how come no one invited me to the community!?!?
HWaQd6Z.png

NahaNago

The fake third party exclusives and nostalgia are not going to work as well next gen since most of the exclusives release on pc or on xbox at a later time and ff7, kingdom hearts, and Shenmue will have released before next gen. So I wonder if they will be wowing us with new IP next gen. Things for Sony to work on next gen would be AAA Japanese third person first party games and online multiplayer games. If that had bought Atlus it would have fixed that but Sony has that censorship love going on so I'm glad they didn't . I kind of feel like Sony just gives up online multiplayer to Microsoft when they should really be expanding in to that market while still making those cinematic games they do.

cormack12

Gold Member
They can probably back on retention of PS+ subscribers now the digital games market has grown. As long as they don't do anything catastrophic with regards to launch price, I don't really see a reason for people to consider MS. I mean I usually have the Sony/MS pairing, but this gen I came close to getting an X1X but there's just no exlcusives that make me really want the Xbox. I'm not talking about exclusives here, I'm talking more system sellers. Previously this would have been Gears and Forza. I got Forza on PC and the direction of Gears is not one I like to be honest after playing 4.

The censorship point is kinda an important one I guess, but it's not affected a really mainstream game yet. If it was affecting CoD or something then it would have a bigger impact. Cloud gaming needs to evidence it is legitimate - with that in mind Stadia has a good 8 or so months head start to really sell high end experience over streaming technology but it will still fall short I think.

Bryank75

Banned
Honestly, PlayStation is in a great position but they need to be super pro-active. Particularly on the exclusive front.
They have plenty of money now, with almost 8 billion in profit due this year and I think they should use all of it to re-enforce PlayStation.

Buy Capcom, they are a steal at a little over 2 billion... Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, RE, DMC, a new 2d Marvel vs Capcom etc.
Get Kojima to sign on to WWS.
Port SFV to PS5 as a launch game.

Lock down another From exclusive .
Target CDPR or Bungie as another large acquisition.

That would be my plan.

Maybe buy some smaller studios too, like Housemarque.
If Bungie or CDPR didn't want to sell, try Remedy..... or IO.

NahaNago

Honestly, PlayStation is in a great position but they need to be super pro-active. Particularly on the exclusive front.
They have plenty of money now, with almost 8 billion in profit due this year and I think they should use all of it to re-enforce PlayStation.

Buy Capcom, they are a steal at a little over 2 billion... Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, RE, DMC, a new 2d Marvel vs Capcom etc.
Get Kojima to sign on to WWS.
Port SFV to PS5 as a launch game.

Lock down another From exclusive .
Target CDPR or Bungie as another large acquisition.

That would be my plan.

Maybe buy some smaller studios too, like Housemarque.
If Bungie or CDPR didn't want to sell, try Remedy..... or IO.

• I agree with buying Capcom that would help Sony a lot.
  • Skip buying Kojima. Let him finally make his tv series
  • With Capcom they can port all their fighting games on to PS5. Granted they should instead do one fighting game a year with one style so they can pretty much just add on to it until they create the ultimate collection. They can practice with Darkstalkers, then Street fighter, then Capcom Sony Smash bros collection.
  • Expand their own Japanese studios so they can make their own equivalent souls like game. They helped make it before so why not do so again.
  • Acquiring Bungie would be great for Sony to finally have a shooter studios but CDPR has too much good will and hype behind them to sign.
  • Reign in Media Molecule they pretty much did diddly squat this whole gen but some ports.
  • All Sony would be missing now is a jrpg, arcade racer, strategy, and artsy indie game.

Bryank75

Banned
Was just thinking about PlayStations FPS issue (which isn't really an issue when COD is doing so well) but if they wanted to have an awesome FPS... they could just buy Escape from Tarkov and their devs.

There are always a good shooter that's on the verge of going big. The key would be to keep that grittiness etc.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So guys what do we think the first ps5 game reveal we will see from SIE?

HZD 2.

Put the first one on the PC, show an evolutionary jump in the engine for the sequel on the PS5, potentially luring in a new demographic to buy a complementary console... profit.

AceofJakes

So guys what do we think the first ps5 game reveal we will see from SIE?

Whatever the hell bluepoints been working on. They've included bluepoint in the initial wired interviews if I recall, enough talking from them, hopefully they do the typical Sony thing. Black screen, Sony interactive studios presents..... Demon souls!

HZD 2 feels like a one final thing!

Appleprosy

If you would like to add me on PSN: Appleprosy. I should have my Pro in by Thursday. I don't really do multiplayer, but it would be nice having some friends.

Bryank75

Banned

around 53 minutes, Mike Bithel 'dances around some NDA's' to talk about next gen and why PS5 is capable of things PC and other platforms can't do.........

Bryank75

Banned

Oh look...Master Chief is an old frail and unimpressive man!
Guess that fits the Halo image nowadays.... LOL

Bryank75

Banned

Beyond crew talk about possible launch lineup for PS5.
I don't usually post IGN stuff but I thought this would be a good topic.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I feel Sony was one top right toward the last 5-years of produced games for PS1, the incredible lifespan of the PS2 (one if not the longest selling/produced consoles), and PS3 (seemed to launch poorly but there were some great games during its last 4-years). The PS4 is just okay to me. I feel that we're focusing a lot on graphics acceleration and not enough on games with great stories which will have a historical resonance 10-15-years down the road. Just thoughts and opinions. Btw, never got into anything XBOX. I tried...it just wasn't meant to be. Pretty much just Sony, Nintendo, and Sega.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes, it could be good... I want to see more gameplay. I wish Dave Jaffe was involved.

:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

sircaw

Banned
Those C**ts are in every PlayStation thread shitting on everything cause they are so unhappy... I just don't want to get banned cause I am getting kinda angry about it.

You need to be more peaceful like me my brother.

Find your inner Zen and enlightenment will come to you.

And if that fails i take my anger out on Bo.
Works for me.

Top Bottom