• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, No Limits

Bryank75

Banned

I really think this game shows the value of having people from an animation (Pixar / Illumination) background....
Ember Lab would be a great addition to PlayStation Studios.

I think Kena, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Horizon, GOW could have their own shows / films and games....

Kena should be its own Zelda type game on PlayStation.

Ember Lab made this fan film for Majoras Mask;

Last edited:

Tschumi

Maybe update the OP? TLOU2 has been released at this point~

I'm really big on Sony, looking forward to gushing about it over the coming months!

Tschumi

I just got a Vita 1000 in great condition, with a charge cable, from my local game and anime pawn store in Japan for, i dunno, eighty bucks US...

GFdqPaz.jpg

I already have a 2000, love it, but i tell you just holding this thing in my hands and picking up on everything that is just more serious and higher quality about the construction had my heart miss a beat.

Got a 64GB memory card at home, I'm going to keep this one un-cracked and just play the games i officially bought. Looking forward to Rayman of course, also Killzone...

There was a slight discoloration on the bottom of the screen, looked like a bit of burn out for the oled, I'm hoping it's nothing too major, it was a tiny portion so I'll try it out and I've got a 3 month refund if i don't dig it. There was another 1000 for 50 bucks but it was scratched as hell and had heaps of discoloration around the screen so i went for the more expensive option.

I'm jazzed as hell i wrote all that in like 8 minutes on my mobile walking home...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tschumi

I just got a Vita 1000 in great condition, with a charge cable, from my local game and anime pawn store in Japan for, i dunno, eighty bucks US...

GFdqPaz.jpg

I already have a 2000, love it, but i tell you just holding this thing in my hands and picking up on everything that is just more serious and higher quality about the construction had my heart miss a beat.

Got a 64GB memory card at home, I'm going to keep this one un-cracked and just play the games i officially bought. Looking forward to Rayman of course, also Killzone...

There was a slight discoloration on the bottom of the screen, looked like a bit of burn out for the oled, I'm hoping it's nothing too major, it was a tiny portion so I'll try it out and I've got a 3 month refund if i don't dig it. There was another 1000 for 50 bucks but it was scratched as hell and had heaps of discoloration around the screen so i went for the more expensive option.

I'm jazzed as hell i wrote all that in like 8 minutes on my mobile walking home...
Update: it's working great! Got my 64gb card in, downloading titles, screen has zero artifacts, i lucked out and got one with a very conscientious former owner~ the charge cable has a patina on the interfaces, like it's been dropped in water or something in the distant past, but it works fine.

I'm a bit disappointed by the OLED, it isn't really that much better than the 2000, though I'm installing Odin Sphere on both and will compare the two with it.

Too bad i couldn't get Dragon's Crown while it was in the ps store for my ps account's region v_v

The games I'm moving from my 2000 to my 1000:
  1. Rayman Origins
  2. Lumines ES
  3. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  4. Persona 4 Golden
  5. Killzone Mercenary
  6. Tearaway
  7. WipeOut 2048
  8. Gravity Rush
  9. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  11. FF Tactics: War of the Lions
  12. Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
  13. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
  14. Sky Force Anniversary
  15. Metal Gear Solid OG
  16. Valkyria Chronicles 2
  17. MGS: Peace Walker
... Tell me that list of games doesn't want some non-Vita owner want a Vita -_- and it's not my full library~

Update: it's working great! Got my 64gb card in, downloading titles, screen has zero artifacts, i lucked out and got one with a very conscientious former owner~ the charge cable has a patina on the interfaces, like it's been dropped in water or something in the distant past, but it works fine.

I'm a bit disappointed by the OLED, it isn't really that much better than the 2000, though I'm installing Odin Sphere on both and will compare the two with it.

Too bad i couldn't get Dragon's Crown while it was in the ps store for my ps account's region v_v

The games I'm moving from my 2000 to my 1000:
  1. Rayman Origins
  2. Lumines ES
  3. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  4. Persona 4 Golden
  5. Killzone Mercenary
  6. Tearaway
  7. WipeOut 2048
  8. Gravity Rush
  9. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  11. FF Tactics: War of the Lions
  12. Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
  13. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
  14. Sky Force Anniversary
  15. Metal Gear Solid OG
  16. Valkyria Chronicles 2
  17. MGS: Peace Walker
... Tell me that list of games doesn't want some non-Vita owner want a Vita -_- and it's not my full library~
That list of games is very nice!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

GFdqPaz.jpg

lol you can buy games on a modded vita, you hack it because the proprietary mem card is a literal time bomb. If you are going digital a 256 gig card is around 30 bucks vs the pos proprietary cards that cost as much as the system itself. Also to run it at full speed, change the color slightly and true psp/ps1 backwards comp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tschumi

lol you can buy games on a modded vita, you hack it because the proprietary mem card is a literal time bomb. If you are going digital a 256 gig card is around 30 bucks vs the pos proprietary cards that cost as much as the system itself. Also to run it at full speed, change the color slightly and true psp/ps1 backwards comp.
I've got a Vita 2000 with the whole shebang,jailbroke AF, just wanted to keep this one vanilla. But I'm already thinking of hacking it for the games i couldn't get on the store, like Dragon's Crown

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a Vita 2000 with the whole shebang,jailbroke AF, just wanted to keep this one vanilla. But I'm already thinking of hacking it for the games i couldn't get on the store, like Dragon's Crown
You can get it physical and dump it. That's what I've done with all of my physical games. I have no idea if that is possible with a 1000. (henkaku) What region doesn't let you buy Dragon's Crown?

Tschumi

My ps account is in Australia.. it's awful..

1000s can henkaku if you have a memory card in them. Actually it works better than most 2000s because the earlier factory base version is better for it~

Using, what's it called, PKMj or whatever, it's easy to get all those games~

Flintty

A quick question I'm hoping you guys might be able to help with.

I had a PSP close to it's launch in 2004/2005. I had it for about a year before trading it in at GAME. I think I factory reset it but honestly can't remember. Would I have had a PSN account on it or was this before unified accounts?

Bryank75

Banned
A quick question I'm hoping you guys might be able to help with.

I had a PSP close to it's launch in 2004/2005. I had it for about a year before trading it in at GAME. I think I factory reset it but honestly can't remember. Would I have had a PSN account on it or was this before unified accounts?
I'm pretty sure a PSN account was needed...

Bryank75

Banned
Damn. I’ve tried recovering my account but they have non of my email addresses on record. That’s that fucked then.
If an account isn't used for 3 or more years they can remove the account from usage... so there could be that. Could you have had a different email or password at the time? Work or college email?

Kerotan

It has begun.

I watched that. Comments full of Xbox fans who feel the same way.

Any xbox fan who grew up with their block buster AAA games and stellar 3rd/2nd party exclusives will feel betrayed by their new Netflix style GAAS vision. Luckily theirs an option for people like that, and no Don Mattrick it's not called the xbox 360, it's called the PS5!

Flintty

If an account isn't used for 3 or more years they can remove the account from usage... so there could be that. Could you have had a different email or password at the time? Work or college email?

Maybe. I have used the same email address since 2002ish and it let me create a new account with that, so it’s likely it got nuked. I don’t think I owned any digital games or anything but it would have been nice to check.

Bryank75

Banned
Maybe. I have used the same email address since 2002ish and it let me create a new account with that, so it’s likely it got nuked. I don’t think I owned any digital games or anything but it would have been nice to check.
If you really want to see if it's still there, maybe try customer service.... they may be able to check on a more thorough level.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Hey i got some really weird thing going on right now

You know its common here to see people creating thread and compare two similar games right?

Like TES VI vs Avowed thread not long ago, or Final Fantasy vs Persona, GTA vs Mafia, Gears vs Uncharted etc

And not long i made another one comparing Gran Turismo 7 vs Forza Motorsport 8

And suddenly that one got closed

What gives?

If the other comparison thread are allowed then there should be no exception to this one

Another mod ( Bill of Right) warn me that my GT7 vs FM8 comparison game was not a good thread and console warring

He pointed my past mistakes that has nothing to do with it ( regarding that matters ) to make me seems more gullible

By that reason then the other comparison thread should be closed too right

Just trying to be fair here

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Hey i got some really weird thing going on right now

You know its common here to see people creating thread and compare two similar games right?

Like TES VI vs Avowed thread not long ago, or Final Fantasy vs Persona, GTA vs Mafia, Gears vs Uncharted etc

And not long i made another one comparing Gran Turismo 7 vs Forza Motorsport 8

And suddenly that one got closed

What gives?

If the other comparison thread are allowed then there should be no exception to this one

Another mod ( Bill of Right) warn me that my GT7 vs FM8 comparison game was not a good thread and console warring

He pointed my past mistakes that has nothing to do with it ( regarding that matters ) to make me seems more gullible

By that reason then the other comparison thread should be closed too right

Just trying to be fair here
Sometimes a thread may just seem to be inviting too much arguing and it just breaks down to Xbox guys vs PlayStation people rather than discussing the actual virtues of the games.

I think there is just so much console warring at the moment that they are afraid of it getting completely out of hand, I wouldn't take it personally.

You could always take it to the console wars thunderdome thread....

Airbus Jr

Banned
Sometimes a thread may just seem to be inviting too much arguing and it just breaks down to Xbox guys vs PlayStation people rather than discussing the actual virtues of the games.

I think there is just so much console warring at the moment that they are afraid of it getting completely out of hand, I wouldn't take it personally.

You could always take it to the console wars thunderdome thread....

Someone else just made similar game comparison thread ( Diablo IV vs Baldurs Gate III )

Funny that one didnt get banned

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
Whelp I'm an idiot.

Bloodborne.
Last night decided to boot up a session.
Quarantine backlog underway.

Now, I'm still at the beginning trying to beat the tutorial boss.
I have had this game for 2 YRS... November 1st 2018... Always trying, failing, nope, try again.

Bloodborne, a notoriously difficult game. One that I have been trying to get through time and time again. Farming echoes... Leveling up. Buying Molotovs and chucking them around willy nilly.

I love difficult games. Grew up on Battletoads, Contra and arcade quarter munchers.
I get the Cleric Beasts move set, I get it FROM. Why the hell are you making me chip him down for hours then?

Turns out, there is weapon degradation.
People... I repaired that mofo at the table and took the Beast down in 10 min.
August.5th.2020

Felt stupid for half a sec before a sense of divine accomplishment entered my body. Went on to play for another hour into the night.

Bloodborne, pretty good game.
giphy.gif

Tschumi

Colour me extremely excited (Grand Kingdom and Dragon's Crown in a second hand shop)

Also, can confirm Japan's national baseball league game series was still getting fresh Vita releases as recently as 2019.. nice go team Vita
LV7rVSd.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
I have a great idea.... Sony has 34 Billion in cash now. They should buy Asobo Studios, it would be cheap and make PlayStation Flight Sim and another Rat game.....

Bryank75

Banned
So we can expect no "Future of Gaming" Event tomorrow or?
No but here is some news if you're interested...

Red Hood exclusive character to PS5 version of Kill the Justice League and Observer by Bloober Team with ray tracing and 4K textures on PS5 footage.

GonSama

All of this studios have previously worked with Sony:
-Media.Vision (Wild Arms, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Chronicles 4)
-Arc System Works (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue)
-Level-5 (Ni no Kuni, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest VIII)
-Quantic Dream (Detroit and the other inferior games :D)
-Housemarque (Returnal, Resogun, Nex Machina)
-Bluepoint Games (DS Remake, SoC Remake, Uncharted / GOW Collection)
-Supermassive Games (Until Dawn)
-Ember Labs (Kena and movie experience)

It's time to get some fresh blood in SIE Studios.

Bryank75

Banned
All of this studios have previously worked with Sony:
-Media.Vision (Wild Arms, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Chronicles 4)
-Arc System Works (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue)
-Level-5 (Ni no Kuni, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest VIII)
-Quantic Dream (Detroit and the other inferior games :D)
-Housemarque (Returnal, Resogun, Nex Machina)
-Bluepoint Games (DS Remake, SoC Remake, Uncharted / GOW Collection)
-Supermassive Games (Until Dawn)
-Ember Labs (Kena and movie experience)

It's time to get some fresh blood in SIE Studios.
I want them to make one big purchase..... Kadokawa and therefore From Software.

But they could add a couple of smaller studios too, what ones would you choose?

I'd go for Level 5 and Ember from the list but if I could include another it would be Asobo because it would take away the FLight Sim studio from Xbox and they can do story stuff too, they are versatile.

GonSama

I want them to make one big purchase..... Kadokawa and therefore From Software.

But they could add a couple of smaller studios too, what ones would you choose?

I'd go for Level 5 and Ember from the list but if I could include another it would be Asobo because it would take away the FLight Sim studio from Xbox and they can do story stuff too, they are versatile.

Level-5 is a must. Amazing JRPG studio that Nintendo can try to snag anytime soon.
Would like to see them buy Arc System Works because I love Guilty Gear and would be "the Fighter Franchise" to Playstation. They also did an amazing job with Dragon Ball, so they could do all sorts of fighting games (PS All Stars 2 or any anime ones that Sony wants).
If they can't get Level-5, Media.Vision could be a good fit (Wild Arms revival, some JRPG like Digimon CS?).
Bluepoint Games seems like a no-brainer. Cheap studio and have a story with Sony.

Ember Labs, if Kena delivers, seems like a good choice too.

Last edited:

GonSama

About the others, Supermassive Games has that deal with Bandai-Namco (2 mores games), Quantic Dream got that $$$ from NetEase and Housemarque doesn't seem a priority (Returnal isn't so exciting like the other AAA titles).

Level-5 should be the one to get, before Nintendo goes for it.

Kerotan

Lol just bought 3 games for the plats. Guardians of the galaxy and telltale a new frontier along with some mayonnaise game that's €1 digital and apparently takes 20mins to plat.

That will get me to 95 and TLOU2 to 96. Still though I feel a bit dirty acquiring those easy plats.

In other news just hit 280 wins on warzone.

Tschumi

To what extent can you jailbreak a PS2? Like henkaku on the Vita? I'm asking because I live in Japan and if I got one I'd probably have a hard time finding games I can understand enough to really enjoy, so I'd wanna just run .iso files on it... I hear McBoot doesn't work on PS2 9000s? So, 7500? How reliably does it work?

GonSama

Is there any website with sales information about PS franchises and most sold games?
I remember that they revealed some numbers last summer (2019), but that's it.

Something like this (copies sold):
Uncharted 16.25M
Spider-Man 13.2M
TLOU Remaster 12M
God of War 11M
Horizon Zero Dawn 10M
Gran Turismo Sport 8M
Infamous SS 6M
Uncharted Collection 5.7M

And some other games that got some kind of announcement:
Ratchet 5M+?
Detroit 3.2M
Bloodborne 3M
Uncharted LL 2.5M+
Driveclub 2M+
Killzone 2M+

We have the MLB games that sell 1/1.5M every year and the most recent titles like TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima that broke some sales records.

Third party games also had recently "there numbers" revealed:
Nioh 2.9M
Persona 5 3.2M+ and Persona 5 Royal 1.4M
Final Fantasy VII Remake 5M

vgchartz isn't always updated, so can't help much here.

And would be interesting to know the most sold franchises:
Gran Turismo 80M+
Uncharted 40M+?
God of War 40M+?

I don't know why Sony doesn't give us more information (like Nintendo).
It could be like Microsoft and say nothing, but that's just lame.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Ok.....

My updated acquisition wishlist;

1. Zenimax Media - A private company, so the acquisition should be more straightforward. Has valuable IP's like Doom, Elderscrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein and some great creators like Mikami. (estimated value 3-4 Billion)

2. Kadokawa / From Soft - Publicly traded anime and manga company, Sony are looking to expand their Anime property and this could potentially kill two birds with one stone, adding to Funimation and Sony pictures while also adding From Soft to PlayStation studios. (Estimated value 1.3 Billion)

3. NetherRealm Studios - Part of WB games, that AT&T wanted to sell off, I believe if Sony offered the right price they could get this studio along with the MK IP and have an excellent exclusive fighter. This would essentially corner the fighting game market as SFV and possibly 6 are exclusive to PlayStation. (Estimated value 400 million)

Smaller acquisitions; Kojima Studios, Game Science Studio (Chinese studio that are making Black Myth Wukong), Ember Lab, Bluepoint, Larian, Asobo, Remedy, Level-5.

The top three I have outlined above are strategic buys that release 'generational content', are valuable IP's that can be adapted for film, tv and other media and fill areas in PlayStations portfolio that were previously lacking.

Many gamers consider entries in Doom, Elderscrolls, Fallout, From games and Mortal Kombat unmissable and therefore 'system sellers'.

drganon

Is psn running really slow for anyone else? Its taking forever to download some stuff I bought. It also was being a pain in the ass with a psn gift card I got. It kept saying wallet amount exceeded until it finally decided to work. The digital future hates me.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Lol just bought 3 games for the plats. Guardians of the galaxy and telltale a new frontier along with some mayonnaise game that's €1 digital and apparently takes 20mins to plat.

That will get me to 95 and TLOU2 to 96. Still though I feel a bit dirty acquiring those easy plats.

In other news just hit 280 wins on warzone.
Have you done the disney classics collection? That was a quick one as they let you just skip levels (I went back and played as it's 2 great games)

Top Bottom