• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Possibly Revealing PS5 Early June (Before E3)

Gamernyc78

Banned
I’d argue that Sony would be better off announcing after E3 or after the MS press conference. Make it the last thing anyone remembers. It worked beautifully at E3 2013. Where MS actually had a decent press conference, but Sony got the last word and made it seem like MS had a terrible conference when they had a lot of good games to show.

I go with announcing after being the better option. I always saw Sony going after Microsoft during E3 as an advantage. It allowed them to move few things around last minute and respond based on how good their rivals conference was although we know most those things are set up ahead of time. Announcing ps5 after a Microsft announcement would be better imo and they could focus on their strengths if any are prominent.

Last edited:

SavageSquirtle

Neo Member
The Reddit "leaker" is claiming that the next-gen Xbox may use Zen 3, when Zen 2 was just formally unveiled at Computex YESTERDAY? Yeah, don't buy that one bit...

SavageSquirtle

Neo Member
RuthenicCookie (dude on Reddit who stated Sony wasn't having an E3 conference) did mention a small next-gen reveal during the summer/around E3 with an info blowout later this year. I do wonder however if that small reveal was the Cerny/Wired interview.

giphy.gif

juliotendo

No.

I’m getting tired of all these stupid posts.

PlayStation 5 will be “revealed” early next year but TEASED this year in some form around E3.

That’s it. Anything else is just a bunch of nerds having an unnecessary orgasm over nothing and false hopes.

Also please stop posting nonsense about a release in 2019. Sony already shot this dead already. Stop.

PS5 TEASE around E3 this year

PS5 reveal early next year

PS5 launch Fall 2020.

The PS4 still has plenty of life left until Fall 2020 with games coming out and units are still selling. A price drop will come this year in Fall 2019 with a revised slim model and new price of $199.99 to move units.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

No.

PlayStation 5 will be “revealed” early next year but TEASED this year in some form around E3.

That’s it. Anything else is just a bunch of nerds having an unnecessary orgasm over nothing and false hopes.

Also please stop posting nonsense about a release in 2019. Sony already shot this dead already. Stop.

PS5 launch Fall 2020.

The PS4 still has plenty of life left until Fall 2020 with games coming out and units are still selling. A price drop will come this year in Fall 2019 with a revised slim model and new price of $199.99 to move units.

Nah, I'm pretty sure PS5 is launching this summer.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sorry but im not buying that

E3 is still one of the biggest entertaiment convention around followed by comic con and gamescom

Just look at viewers and audience attendance numbers dont lie

So what are you buying? That Sony didn't show up to E3 because they had nothing to show? Because tht would be even more ridiculous. I am not saying your saying that but I'm asking. Sony not attending was a calculated move, done for whatever reason they chose.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
No.

PS5 launch Fall 2020.

You say people making assumptions on this stuff before an official announcement is "nerds having an orgasm", then go on to state your own very specific assumptions about this stuff as factual.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
"Rumor has it"...
PS5 anything this year is a HUGE stretch especially with SONY skipping E3 entirely.

Braldryr

Banned
Update - State of Play to be announced in a few hours for may 30th according to a Spanish website as the original source. Same site that was also leaking a potential Last of Us 2 trailer happening.

Rumor Report -

State of Play on May 30th Rumored
Last of Us 2 Releases in Novemeber this year Rumored
Death Stranding on 29th is Confirmed.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Revealing on 30th is Confirmed.

What's happening here?

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
The pastebin leak said there would be a small reveal which would seem accurate for a June reveal.

That Long sensation dude even said the same thing when he leaked the CoD name.

Which pastebin leak? There are too many lol. Please link for the reference, thanks.

Aintitcool

Banned
Nah, I'm pretty sure PS5 is launching this summer.
Sony needs to copy the Sega Saturn and drop a Youtube video saying "Available now in stores". It worked for Sega.

That ruined sega and retailers hated them, and everyone hated that.

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned

This is the Dec 2018 leak, before all the shit-posting.. It's the only one worth taking seriously imo

Oh god...this one? The one with the worst launch games possible and no actual PlayStation 5 game at launch and just betting on remasters of the PS4 swan songs? Yeah that's a good idea, let me buy PS5 and then show of what this system can do with the remasters.

No one wants too see a true dedicated new gen game at launch that's unheard of.

GTA 6 in 2020? Yeah no and no one wants to play shit PUBG, the game is ancient and ugly as sin. 4K won't save that shit game.

I remember this pastebin. While a lot of stuff sound believable at first. If you break down the game releases, they really don't make any sense with the exception of 3rd party The first party just doesn't do it for me and sounds boring as fuck

Also 14 teraFlops? Yeah absolutely not.
If anything these specs sound more like what Anaconda should be and no offense to either party but I do not think either console will be hitting 14 tf this gen.

13 tf is a HUGE maybe and 12 tf on the high end is the safest bet.

Oh and regarding PSVR2 here you go https://www.trustedreviews.com/news...panied-by-new-playstation-vr-hardware-3799323

Last edited:

ghairat

In the paste bin leak, he states HDD which is not true but I guess Sony did consider HDD before moving to SSD?

scalman

all i need is tease not even real thing some trailer about it would be enough and specs on screen and some early game footage ... thats it , it would light fire that is needed.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I am not the one saying it. A reddit leaker is claiming it
Yea I know...I guess I could have worded that better. I didn't mean you specifically I was more talking to the ether.

Still. If Death Stranding releases this Summer that would be a blessing given the lull that usually happens in Summer.

Aintitcool

Banned
Death Stranding probably would have an October release rather than summer. You want some time before such a good game gets release date announcement.

Braldryr

Banned
Death Stranding probably would have an October release rather than summer. You want some time before such a good game gets release date announcement.

Honestly, I think TloU 2 will come out in Septmber which still lines up with Fall and counters Gears 5.

Death Stranding I'll be surprised if it comes out in summer. Personally.

Roitorb

I’m sure PS5 has to announce first as Xbox one sales are dead anyway and the only thing that is going to happen is Sony see there PS4 sales slide as everyone waits for the PS5

SavageSquirtle

Neo Member
Oh god...this one? The one with the worst launch games possible and no actual PlayStation 5 game at launch and just betting on remasters of the PS4 swan songs?
To be fair, next-gen launch titles/exclusives can be relatively weak. Both the PS3 and PS4 fell victim to this.

I do agree with the rest of your post however. That "leak" sounded like a load of bs (how surprising).

Braldryr

Banned
Please be $500, I think that's the absolute bare minimum to get anything decently powerful in 2020.

From what I understand I think Sony will be pricing it accordingly at $399. It worked very well for them and they only going with 1 SKU.

The system will be more powerful than Lockhart but less than Anaconda. It will be a very balanced product and good ram and decent teraflops.

I do not think Sony will be providing you with the ultimate premium experience.

If I had to guess and make education specs based on what I've been hearing from my end. I believe Lockhart will be around 5 teraflops. Not exactly 5 but a bit below that something alone the lines of 4.7 or 4.8.

Remember the CPU is the quantum leap here, teraflops was not an issue. Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica did some wizardly work with the measly 1.8 teraflops that the original PS4 had.

Ram will most likey be 16 GBs for the Lockhart as well. Don't think next gen console will stay at 12 GBs like the Xbox One X is right now that would make absolutely no sense.

PlayStation 4 will most likely end up at 24 GBs RAM and 11 teraflops +/-

Anaconda will be at 24 GBs RAM and I think will boast 12.3 teraflops. Maybe closer to 13 but that's a HUGE MAYBE. 12 is already pushing it as it is.

The CPU will be the same for both systems Lockhart and Anaconda but with probably different clock speeds on each with being the only difference. I am also thinking the Anaconda will be at 2 TB SSD and Lockhart at 1 TB

Pricing will go as far as this

Lockhart $299
PlayStation 5 $399
Anaconda $499

I think the $200 price difference will suffice for the more teraflops, better clock speed, increased storage and ram memory.

We will find out very soon I have a feeling.

Last edited:

scalman

box is box and specs are all forgotten moment when you launch first game on it and you being blown away ...thats all matter , games. sometimes less can be more and better . sony proved it with PS1 , PS2 , and my best example as game is Zelda BOTW its need just WiiU but it makes amazing things that most next gen title couldnt dream

Last edited:

Romulus

From what I understand I think Sony will be pricing it accordingly at $399. It worked very well for them and they only going with 1 SKU.

The system will be more powerful than Lockhart but less than Anaconda. It will be a very balanced product and good ram and decent teraflops.

I do not think Sony will be providing you with the ultimate premium experience.

If I had to guess and make education specs based on what I've been hearing from my end. I believe Lockhart will be around 5 teraflops. Not exactly 5 but a bit below that something alone the lines of 4.7 or 4.8.

Remember the CPU is the quantum leap here, teraflops was not an issue. Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica did some wizardly work with the measly 1.8 teraflops that the original PS4 had.

Ram will most likey be 16 GBs for the Lockhart as well. Don't think next gen console will stay at 12 GBs like the Xbox One X is right now that would make absolutely no sense.

PlayStation 4 will most likely end up at 24 GBs RAM and 11 teraflops +/-

Anaconda will be at 24 GBs RAM and I think will boast 12.3 teraflops. Maybe closer to 13 but that's a HUGE MAYBE. 12 is already pushing it as it is.

The CPU will be the same for both systems Lockhart and Anaconda but with probably different clock speeds on each with being the only difference. I am also thinking the Anaconda will be at 2 TB SSD and Lockhart at 1 TB

Pricing will go as far as this

Lockhart $299
PlayStation 5 $399
Anaconda $499

I think the $200 price difference will suffice for the more teraflops, better clock speed, increased storage and ram memory.

We will find out very soon I have a feeling.

I just don't understand how $500 will be moderately powerful in 2020, much less $400. 7 years before PS4 was underpowered at launch because they had to save money by going with a gimped tablet CPU to squeeze it in at $400. Prices have gone up since then. Basically, if they announce it at $400, the very next question will be--what did they gimp? Because at that price it will happen. Even at $500 there's a small chance it will happen.

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
I just don't understand how $500 will be moderately powerful in 2020, much less $400. 7 years before PS4 was underpowered at launch because they had to save money by going with a gimped tablet CPU to squeeze it in at $400. Prices have gone up since then. Basically, if they announce it at $400, the very next question will be--what did they gimp? Because at that price it will happen. Even at $500 there's a small chance it will happen.

Like I said it's going to be a balanced system. It won't be too weak and it won't be overly super juiced up either. Developers are a lot more experienced now and Sony 1st party has nothing to worry about.

It's going to have balanced numbers across all specs including CPU clocks, ram and teraflops to where they can fit the $399 price tag. Instead of gimping a specific computer part or spec they will just make it where they'll take away a little bit from everything and get to the point where they can price it accordingly.

Last edited:

xool

It's going to have balanced numbers across all specs including CPU clocks, ram and teraflops to where they can fit the $399 price tag. Instead of gimping a specific computer part or spec they will just make it where they'll take away a little bit from everything and get to the point where they can price it accordingly.

Is this based on actual inside info, or just expectations.

I mean can you give us odds - like $399 (90%+) ??

What does balanced mean - is that ~12TF higher or lower, 24GB RAM higher or lower, etc

Romulus

Like I said it's going to be a balanced system. It won't be too weak and it won't be overly super juiced up either. Developers are a lot more experienced now and Sony 1st party has nothing to worry about.

That will be extremely interesting considering they're doing a SSD drive, which isn't cheap. I just think people fail to realize that $400 isn't the same amount of money it was in 2013 either, so they're already working with less at the same price point. That's right off the starting line they're at a disadvantage ccmpared to 2013.

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
Is this based on actual inside info, or just expectations.

I mean can you give us odds - like $399 (90%+) ??

What does balanced mean - is that ~12TF higher or lower, 24GB RAM higher or lower, etc

The information in regards to Xbox Lockhart and Xbox Anaconda is based on information from people who I personally know and can trust upon when it comes to Xbox related stuff. For example they have either been right before or usually have 80% of the information correct. Whether you consider that Insider information or not is subjective I guess.

Technically insider is either someone who knows people that are trusted and those people also know the information that they need or the insider does everything himself and pokes around to find shit out.

Some insiders are better than others and have more knowledge, others may know some things but not the extent as someone else does.

I don't understand what you mean by giving you the odds 90% of $399 you mean the odds of it happening like % chance of happening? If that's the case I think I'd say it's a solid 80% chance that the PlayStstion 5 will cost you $399.

I'll tell you right now I have no personal or insider factual information on PlayStation 5. I am making speculative and educated guesses for the PlayStation 5 based of what I know when it comes to Xbox specs and where the comptetetion is heading.

As for the Xbox things well, I am quiet confident that the Anaconda will be running at 12 teraflops or more, possibly close to 13. For the Lockhart it's in the high 4rs closer to 5 because I know people.

As far as what's high end or what's balanced. Its quiet easy explain that in very basic terms.

Balanced would be anywhere between 9 to 11 teraflops

High end would be between 12 and 14. And I highly doubt either consoles will be hitting 14 as I said. 13 is already extremely high for what were going to be seeing and getting at these price points.

For high end ram it would be obviously 24 GBs. Balanced Ram would be between 16 to 18 GBs. Low end would be between 12 to 14 and I pretty much doubt that PlayStation 5 or even Lockhart will be running between 12 to 14 GB because it just doesn't make sense after Xbox One X being on the market since 2017 at 12 GB of Ram already.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
The information in regards to Xbox Lockhart and Xbox Anaconda is based on information from people who I personally know and can trust upon when it comes to Xbox related stuff. For example they have either been right before or usually have 80% of the information correct. Whether you consider that Insider information or not is subjective I guess.

Technically insider is either someone who knows people that are trusted and those people also know the information that they need or the insider does everything himself and pokes around to find shit out.

Some insiders are better than others and have more knowledge, others may know some things but not the extent as someone else does.

I don't understand what you mean by giving you the odds 90% of $399 you mean the odds of it happening like % chance of happening? If that's the case I think I'd say it's a solid 80% chance that the PlayStstion 5 will cost you $399.

I'll tell you right now I have no personal or insider factual information on PlayStation 5. I am making speculative and educated guesses for the PlayStation 5 based of what I know when it comes to Xbox specs and where the comptetetion is heading.

As for the Xbox things well, I am quiet confident that the Anaconda will be running at 12 teraflops or more, possibly close to 13. For the Lockhart it's in the high 4rs closer to 5 because I know people.

As far as what's high end or what's balanced. Its quiet easy explain that in very basic terms.

Balanced would be anywhere between 9 to 11 teraflops

High end would be between 12 and 14. And I highly doubt either consoles will be hitting 14 as I said. 13 is already extremely high for what were going to be seeing and getting at these price points.

For high end ram it would be obviously 24 GBs. Balanced Ram would be between 16 to 18 GBs. Low end would be between 12 to 14 and I pretty much doubt that PlayStation 5 or even Lockhart will be running between 12 to 14 GB because it just doesn't make sense after Xbox One X being on the market since 2017 at 12 GB of Ram already.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

So basically your assuming Xbox will have a more powerful console just because you know hot air Xbox said they want to retain the power edge. Sony will not fall back on their laurels and I'm sure your one of the very few that think it'll be 399. 500 is my guess and don't be surprised if it's actually the more powerful console.

Braldryr

Banned
So basically your assuming Xbox will have a more powerful console just because you know hot air Xbox said they want to retain the power edge. Sony will not fall back on their laurels and I'm sure your one of the very few that think it'll be 399. 500 is my guess and don't be surprised if it's actually the more powerful console.

Expect the simple fact that it is not more powerful console. But sure :)

Top Bottom