• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference - Wait we're in Japan? [Over]

Hoping FFXII Remaster gets announced. A PS4 version would be nice. Not sure what Square's TGS history is though to know if there's any real chance of this happening there.

Yeah, anybody think we'll see an FFXII Remaster? Maybe for the PS3 and Vita? I could see them announcing PS4 if it takes too long, but with the install base of the PS3 and Vita in Japan wouldn't it be more likely to be 3/V?

Reveirg

Hoping FFXII Remaster gets announced. A PS4 version would be nice. Not sure what Square's TGS history is though to know if there's any real chance of this happening there.

Well, FFX HD was first announced at TGS. It sounded like a rushed announcement though. They seemingly hadn't started work on it yet. I assume they wanted to announce it quickly either to coincide with FFX's 10-year anniversary, or to help Sony with the VITA.

There was a rumor, back in May, about the FFXII remaster being real, and that it would be announced later this year. No reliable sources though. It would be pretty amazing if it gets announced monday!

Mortemis

Banned
Pretty much. Mostly from those that sold their PS3 away for a PS4.
PS3 is laaaaast gen. What is Atlus thinking!? *Moans* Meanwhile here I am sitting happily on my PS3 waiting on Persona 5 and Tales of Zestiria and a couple others

Yeah, I'd like it to be on ps4 but I'll be on my ps3 playing kh 2.5 this winter and I wouldn't sweat having to play persona 5 on ps3, I just want to play it.

That hardly counts as something. It was a few seconds long with a black background and some unintelligible words that made no sense. That's nothing.

What are you talking about? We got a good minute and a half of gameplay footage of KHIII when KH 2.5 was announced.

J-Man

Should have stuck with:

- Soul Sacrifice Delta (PS4, Holiday 2014) [PS4 port with all DLC & some new stuff]

And called it a day.

Haha....ha

:(

Haha yea, ok, I stretched it on that FFXV, for sure (which is why I said it'll probably be a trailer with seconds of new footage). But I figured a bunch of ports (Gravity Rush & Soul Sacrifice) with new & already teased sequels along with a bunch of already announced stuff was boring and predictable in the way the game industry currently is.

Reveirg

Because FF Type-0 needs a proper unveiling for the Japanes market (where it hasn't even been officially announced yet!) and would be overshadowed by new FFXV stuffs.

This kind of logic rarely applies to S-E.

They weren't shy about -revealing- FFXV and KH3 while in full Lightning Returns/A Realm Reborn/FFX HD marketing campaign at E3 2013.

Here's what we know will be there. Senran Kagura, One Piece Musou 3, and Bloodborne. Developers working on each of those games/series retweeted or tweeted about this event.

This kind of logic rarely applies to S-E.

They weren't shy about -revealing- FFXV and KH3 while in full Lightning Returns/A Realm Reborn/FFX HD marketing campaign at E3 2013.

Or how they announced the Fabula Nova Crystallis initiative and the Kingdom Hearts Handheld Three.

"Hey, we're making a series of games in this mythos!" and "Hey, we're making 3 separate Kingdom Hearts games, one for DS, PSP and mobile!"

Mortemis

Banned
Or how they announced the Fabula Nova Crystallis initiative and the Kingdom Hearts Handheld Three.

"Hey, we're making a series of games in this mythos!" and "Hey, we're making 3 separate Kingdom Hearts games, one for DS, PSP and mobile!"

God that was something else.

I don't see a big problem with FFXV and Type-0 HD being in the same conference though. It'll be like "hey guys, don't forget about FFXV, and while you're waiting, here's type-0 hd which comes with a FFXV demo!"

lmfao.

Reveirg

Exactly. After all, Type-0 and FFXV are still linked with the Fabula Nova thingy.

Anyway, I'm not saying it'll BE there at TGS. I'm just saying we really don't know, it could go either way.

God that was something else.

Sometimes I wonder if it's Japanese arrogance when it comes to doing stuff like that.

Purposefully splitting up core games into multiple platforms, etc... It feels like something a company does because it has utter confidence that their games will move hardware, and that they won't lose anything by splitting them up, because core fans will buy hardware for all the games.

Exactly. After all, Type-0 and FFXV are still linked with the Fabula Nova thingy.

I don't think anyone other than the most hardcore fans really remember that link. That's part of the reason why they changed the names of both of those games. Now they're able to stand on their own without being specifically linked to XIII.

Tabata indicated that making Type-0 exclusive to current gen was in part due to Square wanting to build the userbase for XV. So if that's the case then showing people more of XV could only help to do that. It's not like people are going to avoid buying Type-0 because they've seen XV again. Especially since it's highly unlikely that they're going to release anywhere near each other.

If TLG doesn't show up, it will show up next E3. Right? RIGHT?

"When it's ready."

I personally am not that invested into when I will see it ( I can wait ), but I do hope sooner than later because I'm tired of seeing interview questions throw the obligatory TLG question and Sony's lame ass 'not yet' response.

Yoshida has said that it probably won't be at TGS. So you can take that two ways. It won't be at TGS or he was being a bit misleading by saying it won't be there even though it will be at their pre-TGS conference. So technically he would still be right as long as they don't actually show it at TGS.

Reveirg

I don't think anyone other than the most hardcore fans really remember that link. That's part of the reason why they changed the names of both of those games. Now they're able to stand on their own without being specifically linked to XIII.

Tabata indicated that making Type-0 exclusive to current gen was in part due to Square wanting to build the userbase for XV. So if that's the case then showing people more of XV could only help to do that. It's not like people are going to avoid buying Type-0 because they've seen XV again. Especially since it's highly unlikely that they're going to release anywhere near each other.

Yeah you're probably right about the fabula link being irrelevant to most people.

I hope we at least get a look at one of the two games monday.

Yoshida has said that it probably won't be at TGS. So you can take that two ways. It won't be at TGS or he was being a bit misleading by saying it won't be there even though it will be at their pre-TGS conference. So technically he would still be right as long as they don't actually show it at TGS.

When it comes to 're-introduced' games, I highly doubt they'll show a game at a conference that they won't have at least an off-hand demo ready.

I mean, look at Until Dawn. That game was reintroduced with the game's foundation completely redesigned and showable to the press.

It's important for games that 'went back to the drawing board' to have something ready to show, because it's kinda necessary for a reassurance that the game is on the right track the 2nd time round.

It's wroth remembering that we're likely to see some surprises at TGS as well. Gravity Rush 2 (or whatever it is) was just randomly running on one of Sony's booth trailers at TGS. It's something that Sony oddly does at some shows. They'll announce stuff at their conferences and then people see a new game on the show floor or in their press release that surprises everyone.

Argggggg I woke up half an hour ago thinking i missed half the show and immediatly opend my phone... Then I came to the realisation its actually tomorrow. Welp, back to sleep.

Not sure why everyone is predicting Hot Shots Golf. The series stopped being profitable a long time ago.

Says who?

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds sold 713k (including all releases). 9th best selling game on PS3 and was the 2nd best selling SCEJ game behind GT5.

Yoshida also tweeted a posting form the dev saying they are working on a next generation golf game......wonder what that could be ;)

XBOX One exclusive, I'm betting based on pre-E3 chatter from the Twitter-sphere.

Please stop listening to Thuway's tweets.

Just out of curiosity, why are people so sure we won't be seeing FFXV?

Hopefully we see a trailer.

XBOX One exclusive, I'm betting based on pre-E3 chatter from the Twitter-sphere.

Uh, that was just a stupid guess from Thuway on what the rumoured "big third party Xbone exclusive" would be (which, we can now assume, was Tomb Raider).

The idea that Dragon's Dogma 2 would be Xbone exclusive was hilariously stupid right from the moment it was first suggested. The game sold primarily in Japan, so why would anyone with any clue really think that would happen? May as well suggest the Ryū ga Gotoku series at that rate.

Asd202

Just out of curiosity, why are people so sure we won't be seeing FFXV?

XV skipped all the big events this year while Type-0 HD was announced at E3 2014 and is being shown at PAX. So if they were going to show something at TGS why not show up at least at gamescom and PAX which are just month apart? Thing is XV is a long time from being done that much is obvious at this point and SE Japan seems to backing from showing games early. The soonest XV may appear again IMO is at E3 2015.

Reveirg

XV skipped all the big events this year while Type-0 HD was announced at E3 2014 and is being shown at PAX. So if they were going to show something at TGS why not show up at least at gamescom and PAX which are just month apart? Thing is XV is a long time from being done that much is obvious at this point and SE Japan seems to backing from showing games early. The soonest XV may appear again IMO is at E3 2015.

My guess is they had XV's big reveal at E3, and now they feel that the next step is to give something to Japanese players. I could be wrong though.

Asd202

My guess is they had XV's big reveal at E3, and now they feel that the next step is to give something to Japanese players. I could be wrong though.

So why not have a showing at E3 a than follow it up with new TGS annoucements? It's not like Japan is living in a bubble.I don't think XV being saved for TGS which reverence as a show has greatly diminished over the years. I feel like when there going to show XV again it will be around 1 year from release with trailers and announcements happening at every show starting with E3. It makes the most sense marketing wise. I could be wrong though :p.

Shengar

Uh, that was just a stupid guess from Thuway on what the rumoured "big third party Xbone exclusive" would be (which, we can now assume, was Tomb Raider).

The idea that Dragon's Dogma 2 would be Xbone exclusive was hilariously stupid right from the moment it was first suggested. The game sold primarily in Japan, so why would anyone with any clue really think that would happen? May as well suggest the Ryū ga Gotoku series at that rate.

And just like Dead Rising 3, if its indeed Xbox One exclusive, it'll be timed before it ported to somewhere.

No rumors no hype... :p

That's the best thing about Japanese events, imo.

Because we're very detached from the Japanese rumour mills or media scene, and that Japanese development scene as a whole is a hard place to be able to get effective leaks from, it's rare that we see what's cooking behind the walls of the Japanese devs.

Well, it used to be more exciting back when less of them are making mobile/3DS games.

zeromcd73

I keep seeing people mentioning that FFXV won't show. No way it won't. Get real people!
In fact I'm so sure they will show it, I'm ready to suck all the dicks available if FFXV doesn't make it in Sony's conference.

Actually, I'm not sucking anything >.>

People are expecting FFXV because last year we got a trailer with 3 seconds of new footage.

This is what FF 13 Versus fans have been reduced to now. After years of no information, we now get excited by seconds of new footage.

I keep seeing people mentioning that FFXV won't show. No way it won't. Get real people!
In fact I'm so sure they will show it, I'm ready to suck all the dicks available if FFXV doesn't make it in Sony's conference.

That's what we all said about E3! I mean... I guess it "was there." But yeah, I'm sort of expecting it, too. They can't go a full year without so much as a blip of info, right? Right? Guys... right?

They can.

Usobuko

Banned

Parody to that Shulk in Smash post?

Top Bottom