• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Promising The News We've "Been Waiting For" Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread.

Every third post is like "Context shows that this comment was directed at Japanese gamer. We can be pretty sure it's just a release date for Japan."

Every other post is like "Team Ico is making eleven Crash Bandicoot X Shenmue games, and they're all PS4-exclusive launch titles confirmed!!!1!!!!11!1"

Welcome to the Gaming Age Forum.

Iacobellis

It has to be more than the release date. Sony wouldn't tease a date for one country this heavily. I'm definitely feeling something games or UI related.

mrpeabody

This thread.

Every third post is like "Context shows that this comment was directed at Japanese gamer. We can be pretty sure it's just a release date for Japan."

Every other post is like "Team Ico is making eleven Crash Bandicoot X Shenmue games, and they're all PS4-exclusive launch titles confirmed!!!1!!!!11!1"

You know how you you buy a lottery ticket, and of course you know it won't win, but because you bought it, you get to dream about all the stuff you're gonna buy with those millions? That's this thread.

Busty

Banned
it's more likely the japanese release date and price of the PS4

This is what I'm assuming as well. I think that if we are going to get any new announcements, be it game or hardware related, it will come at TGS.

There could be some new on stage demos for titles already announced but I don't see much more than that.

We shall, as always, soon see.

It has to be more than the release date. Sony wouldn't tease a date for one country this heavily. I'm definitely feeling something games or UI related.

What are you on about? It was a random statement made through it's Chinese social media service. This isn't Sony hyping a big announcement. You're all setting yourself up for misery.

Iacobellis

What are you on about? It was a random statement made through it's Chinese social media service. This isn't Sony hyping a big announcement. You're all setting yourself up for misery.

It also came from posts via official Facebook accounts. I don't anticipate HUGE announcements, but why would they hold a conference just for a release date and price?

It also came from posts via official Facebook accounts. I don't anticipate HUGE announcements, but why would they hold a conference just for a release date and price?

The point is they aren't targeting a global audience -- or they would have announced it on all their social media channels -- and it's not going to be anything.

BTW this brings up an interesting question:

What games would they even have for a Japanese lanch? All the PS4 ttles we've seen thus far seem pretty Western focused. Even the Japanese developed ones.

RulkezX

This isn't on the EU or US PS blogs . As far as I can see It also not on EU/US Facebook or Twitter. I honestly doubt there will be anything announced that's not soley related to the Asian market.

Ricky_R

I doubt it's a game. I feel like its hardware related.

I think that's a pretty reasonable expectation, but aside from release date, what can they announce hardware related that warrants a tease like that?

If it isn't about TLG or game related I think it's a bit cheap to say something like that when they know how many people still have hope for TLG and how much they want a re-announcement. Even more so when Sony has led to believe that the game is still in development.

Iacobellis

I doubt they'd make the effort to translate it to english if it was just the release date.

My point exactly. Despite the Vita being announced in Japan, Sony made sure the US and Europe would also have something to look forward to. One of those besides the system itself was Call of Duty. Sony is very good with making reveals that can cater to everyone.

So they hired a translator and they're streaming the conference worldwide to announce the japanese release date? Seems reasonable.

same as high expectations. people here are almost so sure of last guardian or something else.

sony has learned their lesson, and it shows why. just the mention of tgs spawned hundreds of posts about last guardian. sony is not going to announce something that is not coming within the next year or two. look at what happened to agent, ff versus 13, the last guardian, gran turismo 5, etc. sony must be pissed off at the constant questions about those games the past generation.

look at gt6, announced 4 months ago, releasing in 3 months' time.

EmptySpace can now see people bashing sony if sony were not to show last guardian. people hype the hell out of a conference that their expectations become unreasonable.

that is why the tweet was deleted. it was in chinese, but suddenly the "unexpected news" and the "surprise" is somehow being reported as something directed to english-speaking nations. there is a reason why the "tease" tweet is not in english.

quickwhips

PS4 supports Xbox one controller or are they going to release a Asymmetrical controller at launch that you can buy?

Yawnier

Banned
iF0VCB4KkScsG.gif

I actually miss Playstation Underground somewhat, getting those demo discs with the PS magazines and such. Although, I suppose things are little more convenient now in concern to that.

I'm also not even hyping myself up for this, no way Jose.

Conezays

I get that myself and GAF are fans of the past games the Dev team has made, but do you really think The Last Guardian will sell if it IS in fact ever released?

I get that myself and GAF are fans of the past games the Dev team has made, but do you really think The Last Guardian will sell if it IS in fact ever released?
Oh it'll sell, but it will disappoint. Expectation and hype passed all reasonable levels years ago.

I kinda get the sense that this was a miscommunication and its gonna lead to massive disappointment. IMO this thread shouldnt have even been made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom