• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massa said:
Yep, Steam servers never go offline. Not even when there's a big sale or new Valve game coming out.

Of course, that's because Valve would never allow a hacker to get into their network to begin with.

ICEY

JWong

Banned
Massa said:
Yep, Steam servers never go offline. Not even when there's a big sale or new Valve game coming out.

Of course, that's because Valve would never allow a hacker to get into their network to begin with.
Except to steal HL2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
F-Pina said:
Did you guys got to release the game?
What an awful timing (Same as the Arcana Heart 3 folks)

KingK

Wait, what is this about money possibly being stolen? Is there any article about this, or just anecdotal evidence?
Can we put this information in the OP (if there is any information?) This is making me kind of worried.
Sony would have to compensate any money stolen because of this...right?

Raide

Fersis said:
Like the time someone stole the HL source code?
And i think there was also time when some guys stole stuff from the Steam network.

Robbers gonna rob.

We heard you like robbin, so we just gave you rubbish security.

Does not have the same ring to it. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KingK said:
Wait, what is this about money possibly being stolen? Is there any article about this, or just anecdotal evidence?
Can we put this information in the OP (if there is any information?) This is making me kind of worried.
Theres no evidence.
Even the hackers are saying they stole PSN stuff not Credit Card Info.
So far theres no evidence about CC Info or Money stolen. (Except SONY's and Devs moneyz)

F-Pina

Fersis said:
Did you guys got to release the game?
What an awful timing (Same as the Arcana Heart 3 folks)

Don't know yet if it will release on wednesday or not, waiting for news as everybody else.

Dabanton

Snuggler said:
if there is some kind of compensation, I would bet on a free month or so of PS+

Also, IGN article is funny but only because it'll probably make people on the internet angry.

Well it's done it's intended job. Look how many times the link has been quoted.

Some people should stop being so
xSM17.gif
and calm down a bit. Obviously the situation is worrisome but random chaos speculation isn't really helping anyone.

Baby Milo

MrVargas said:
I had $600 dollars in fraudulent withdrawals this weekend out of the debit card that I had associated with my PSN account. I do not know if it was related, but just a heads up.
shiiiit

gonna pray they dont touch mine

spats

F-Pina said:
Don't know yet if it will release on wednesday or not, waiting for news as everybody else.

Here's to hoping that PSN will be up by that time. Been waiting for your game forever.

Alts

Hey guys, I've had no fraudulent charges on the credit card I have attached to my PSN account.

Unfortunately, that fact will probably be given less weight than any of the likely false positives.

Trevelyon

Riddick said:
I can't remember the topic but there were some idiots a couple of months ago trying to convince neogaf that xbox ign is a serious gaming site, it was about some stupid article iirc. This link is the most efficient reply to that little effort really.

Was it about Triology?

Raoh

Alts said:
Hey guys, I've had no fraudulent charges on the credit card I have attached to my PSN account.

Unfortunately, that fact will probably be given less weight than any of the likely false positives.

No issues on my card.

KingK said:
It's pure FUD.
and
Your bank/card provider would take care of that if it happens.

Riddick

Trevelyon said:
Was it about Triology?

Oh man I had forgotten about that, what a hilarious fuckup. The one I remember was more recent though. IGN is shitty as it is but that particular branch has some of the most juvenile unprofessional gaming "journalists".

Corum

I have no idea whether you can choose to store your card details on an account but in the past I used my debit card to purchase games on a friends PS3 and on Friday 22nd April there were fraudulent transactions made on the same card I used. Possibly a coincidence but I haven't used this card in 5 months due to travelling.

A.R.K said:
thats another level of low for IGN...just catering to blind fanboys as usual

IGNorance
IGNite the fanboys
IGNominious ...yeah thats basically IGN
I'm GNormously glad my credit card and sony will never meet.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dabanton said:
Well it's done it's intended job. Look how many times the link has been quoted.

Yep. I would pat them on the back for successfully upsetting oversensitive people, but then again it doesn't take much.

spats

sajj316 said:
This might be a DB thing to do but if I were MS, I would offer XBL at 1/2 off or something while PSN is down.

They've never been shy about pulling douchebag moves to get ahead so I'm surprised they haven't done something like that already.

Hex

Banned
It seems my new HDD from my PS3 will not be in until Wednesday so not watching the clock nearly as heavily but still would like to see a resolution.

Edit: NOOOO they changed the girls on the gamergirls banner ...
Edit: Wait the short haired blond is back so all is well

KingK

Revolutionary said:
It's pure FUD.
and
Your bank/card provider would take care of that if it happens.

Ok, thanks for clearing it up guys. I haven't been keeping up with this thread, I just saw the title update and a few posts saying they had some money missing and got worried.

I still think the OP should be updated saying *There is no evidence/reason to believe that your money or credit card information has been stolen from PSN at this time*

sajj316

spats said:
They've never been shy about pulling douchebag moves to get ahead so I'm surprised they haven't done something like that already.
It's probably because like all of us, they don't know how long this outage will last. However the second Sony said "rebuild" I would have unleashed the marketing pitbulls.

Trevelyon

idk, if my CC account was potentially getting jacked right now by some dodgy fake Angolan priest, I sure as he'll wouldn't want my misfortune to be a bullet point for IGN's fanboy wankfest.

it might piss me off, 'cause I'm a sensitive lil' bitch and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom