• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paznos

polyh3dron said:
WOW @ that IGN piece
of shit
. Had someone posted it verbatim as a thread on GAF the OP would be permabanned so fast...

Even by IGN standards, that is low.
IGN has been going downhill and pretty horrible since Jeremy Dunham left and has been rapidly getting worse it's pretty sad.

slider

whalleywhat said:
Somebody just called my house and breathed heavily into the phone. Possibly Kaz Hirai. Unconfirmed.

That was me. But I only did it cos PSN is down and I have nothing else to do.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My cellphone battery is low. Hackers loading malware on my cellphone based off of my PSN information. I had my cell number on there. Sony dun goofed.

MechDX

Jive Turkey said:
Oh man...Time to buy a new car!

Why? Suddenly get a new credit card? jk

This is an opening for Sony to charge for PSN in the future if nothing else. Wont be instant but look for it around the end of summer. My opinion of course.

angelfly said:
Like they they care. As long as it get the hits which posting the link here gets it.
I only posted it because it specifically mentioned NeoGAF forum. Before today I didn't even knew the website existed (it's on N4G front page, with 70+ comments to boot).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RustyNails said:
I only posted it because it specifically mentioned NeoGAF forum. Before today I didn't even knew the website existed (it's on N4G front page).

lol. of course it is.

Morn

Banned
Paznos said:
IGN has been going downhill and pretty horrible since Jeremy Dunham left and has been rapidly getting worse it's pretty sad.

That's because Hilary is a fucking idiot and is in charge of editorial now.

He got Chris Roper laid off just because he didn't want him reviewing GT5.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is just getting out of hand. Sony should have just squashed the rumors up front and explained what the deal is. At this point I feel like they still are not sure what the deal is.

Now people in here talking about PSN stealing their girlfriends and banging their mommas and stuff. PSN here to take lil b's crown confirmed.

lil-b-knockout-o.gif

SamBishop

Banned
Adamm said:
Not if that specific link has been posted, but yes that has been discussed at length

I take back what I said before, then. There has never been a system on the internal network to add dummy funds, but it sounds like it's more than just using custom firmware. Whatever half-debug effect this has on retail systems is far more than just enabling debug options. That's actually kind of a shame. This isn't the grey area of homebrew, this is just straight-up stealing. And not even from a distributed source like a torrent, they're just ganking shit straight from the servers. Dayom...

MechDX

MThanded said:
This is just getting out of hand. Sony should have just squashed the rumors up front and explained what the deal is. At this point I feel like they still are not sure what the deal is.

Now people in here talking about PSN stealing their girlfriends and banging their mommas and stuff. PSN here to take lil b's crown confirmed.

lil-b-knockout-o.gif

Lock your wife! etc,etc...

MThanded said:
Sounds just like how it was during the lead up to GT5 release!

MThanded said:

lil-b-knockout-o.gif

No blocking at all. It's like watching a Mortal Kombat tournament.

dream

Captain Tuttle said:
Indeed but it's an example of how Sony has completely lost control of this story. It's PR 101.

Yeah, it's pretty shocking to see how inept Sony's handling of this entire infrastructure collapse has been.

SamBishop said:
I take back what I said before, then. There has never been a system on the internal network to add dummy funds, but it sounds like it's more than just using custom firmware. Whatever half-debug effect this has on retail systems is far more than just enabling debug options. That's actually kind of a shame. This isn't the grey area of homebrew, this is just straight-up stealing. And not even from a distributed source like a torrent, they're just ganking shit straight from the servers. Dayom...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27367726&postcount=3008

Same information, same questions, repeated every 20 page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom