• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

Mikey Jr. said:
Hey guys, no more fake bullshit PR announcements for the time being please? Especially since we are waiting for the real one any minute.

You'll never suppress the comedic geniuses here, never.

methos75

Banned
Tokyo, April 26, 2011 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system has had it's most successful week ever as it becomes a worldwide talking point.

The PlayStation®Network has been one of the most discussed topics in recent days through stories on television and a high volume of discussion on the social networking website Twitter.

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, the new head of misdirection for SCEI, stated: "There are no problems with the Playstation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system".

"In fact, the public discussion surrounding the Playstation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system just goes to show how much people want to use it, showing what a successful problem," he added.

"The whole idea of the Playstation®Network is to allow gamers to connect - not to play games, like some people have said this week - and no event has done it like this. Everyone is joining together to express their want for the Playstation®Network™!"

SCEI requests users who want to use the Playstation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system and Playstation®Portable™ Console®™² remain patient as they will be updated at a period of time before the end of days.

END
iPr0kkaFTW
Posted 4/26/2011 1:49:08 PM
message detail
What kind of stupid response is that? Stupid Sony. I just want to know when PSN is going to be back up and running.
jev221927
Posted 4/26/2011 1:49:21 PM
message detail
oh yeah
---
FANBOYS - They try to convince you to like or dislike something..if you don't agree with them, they get mad at you. Cons of the internet.
Aeneman
Posted 4/26/2011 1:49:41 PM
message detail
Funny...
---
Opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
colon_three
Posted 4/26/2011 1:49:53 PM
message detail
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
What kind of stupid response is that? Stupid Sony. I just want to know when PSN is going to be back up and running.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
---
PSN - Neo_Buddha, LoL - Meikah
I only have one speed...awesome. :3
big boss222
Posted 4/26/2011 1:49:58 PM
message detail
link?
---
PSN ID: Boke18
Wetai
Posted 4/26/2011 1:50:08 PM
message detail
Source?
---
PSN: Extumum
Nightmare966
Posted 4/26/2011 1:50:21 PM
message detail
iPr0kkaFTW posted...

LOL you can't be serious.

And at TC: That's the worse attempt ever of news.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
maikutx
Posted 4/26/2011 1:50:28 PM
message detail
methosagain posted...
Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, the new head of misdirection for SCEI, stated: "There are no problems with the Playstation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system".

i lol'd
---
YABBA MY ICING
nite1017
Posted 4/26/2011 1:50:34 PM
message detail
nice link
Phoenix6248
Posted 4/26/2011 1:50:36 PM
message detail
Consumer: When can we expect PSN back up and running?

Representative: Whats "PSN"?
---
And in the end....we're all satisfied.
valdin_450
Posted 4/26/2011 1:50:37 PM
message detail
[citation needed]
---
PSN ID: xTCFxBONE5
Warioware DIY code: 4641-1546-4565
Tilmit
Posted 4/26/2011 1:51:22 PM
message detail
Source?

Tokyo, April 26, 2011
TediousMatt
Posted 4/26/2011 1:51:33 PM
message detail
methosagain posted...

SCEI requests users who want to use the Playstation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system and Playstation®Portable™ Console®™² remain patient as they will be updated at a period of time before the end of days.

END

It doesn't work, seems like a problem to me. And thanks for giving us an estimate when it will be back up. "PSN will be available before Armageddon, confirmed by Sony!". :|
---
Yuji Kaido hates black people. And it makes Jesus cry. T^T
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif
Maize84
Posted 4/26/2011 1:51:33 PM
message detail
User Name methosagain
User ID 6098349
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

don't feed the trolls.
---
Pretentiousness is hereditary. Just because they haven't found the gene yet...
methosagain
Posted 4/26/2011 1:52:30 PM
message detail
Maize84 posted...
User Name methosagain
User ID 6098349
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

don't feed the trolls.

Have a sense of humor

Z_Y

RedNumberFive said:
Like I said in my post. Your user experience during the XBL outage of '07 varied due to which server your gamertag was associated with. I had buddies at work that had, at most, a week of intermittent problems. For myself, and some others that I knew, we had zero access to XBL for close to a month. No friends lists, no leaderboards, no demos, and especially no online play. I'm not saying that one was worst than the other, but to say that Live was having minor problems for only a week is not based in fact.
I think the point you are missing is that some people having spotty access for a week is still better than 75 million being completely disconnected for an indefinite period of time.

Also, MS was pretty good about communicating the issues with their customers.

Mikey Jr. said:
Hey guys, no more fake bullshit PR announcements for the time being please? Especially since we are waiting for the real one any minute.

Leave that shit for gamefaqs.
If the statement was anything of note with a time or proper reason and not just "UHHHH WE DOING STUFF? LOOK A MONKEY OVER THERE." it would deserve it's own thread anyway.

Anyway, the statement was going to be at 7, it's now 8, they've run away and hidden again like they've spent the last week doing.

Man

Under Siege was supposed to be released today. A game long-delayed is now delayed further due to PSN being under hacker attack.

TommyT

Man said:
Under Siege was supposed to be released today. A game long-delayed is now delayed further due to PSN being under hacker attack.

Don't you mean because PSN is...

*puts on shades*

Under Siege?!

BeeDog

Man said:

I swear, that game is jinxed, or is a jinx itself. I bet it's the reason PSN went dooooowwwwnnnnnnnnn

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
kaziraq_lr28.jpg

daffy

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
Essentially, let's say a buddy of mine is dissatisfied with his inability to go online with his current-gen video game console, and is thinking about trading it in for a 360. Do you honestly think "hey, don't blame Sony: they claim they got hacked and are rebuilding the PSN Network with no target timeframe for completion" will reassure him that the situation is under control? I don't. It doesn't sound like there's much of anything to go on, there. It seems like someone whose salary is paid based on their ability to convey information should cook up something a little better than that to me. But that's just me.
Yeah, I think we're just of two different opinions then. If they said anything now, it would probably be something that your buddy would be even more dissatisfied with.

And yes, I wouldn't blame Sony for the intrusion. A claim by Sony is better than anyone else's, since they run the network. Maybe blame them for the lack of security that caused it, but hey loopholes can be found anywhere if PSN isn't 100% failproof. Can't blame them for not having a perfect free system.

samus i am said:
My friend just told me it is going to be shut down indefinitely. Any truth to that?

Not the way you mean. Sony has said PSN is down indefinitely, meaning they don't know when it will come back. It will come back, though. Most people use indefinitely as a euphemism for "shut down forever" or "cancelled."

The "indefinite" wording came directly from Sony.

Withnail

Man said:

No it's supposed to be released in the EU tomorrow, US next week. I guess there's a chance it will still be released as planned though it doesn't look very likely.

Z_Y said:
I think the point you are missing is that some people having spotty access for a week is still better than 75 million being completely disconnected for an indefinite period of time.

Also, MS was pretty good about communicating the issues with their customers.
Personally, I think that the bigger point would be "What does what happened to Xbox Live over three years ago have to do with this situation." Because, unless you know that you're talking to an Xbox fanboy who's just trying to hypocritically stir the pot here, it seems irrelevant to me. "It's okay for PSN to be terrible, guys, because it happened to Live as well! It's cool!"

As someone who doesn't subscribe to Live, I don't care at all whether it's vastly superior or overpriced garbage.

webrunner

devildog820 said:
Not the way you mean. Sony has said PSN is down indefinitely, meaning they don't know when it will come back. It will come back, though. Most people use indefinitely as a euphemism for "shut down forever" or "cancelled."

A lot of game companies really dont like to say a game is cancelled.

Isn't Starcraft:Ghost technically on "Indefinite Hold"?

devildog820 said:

Cool, thanks. Yes, I interpreted it as forever.

slider

What odds on a/the new FW having something like x-game chat? Yeah, I know I'm being stupid and naive but, as folk are so keen of saying... it's nice to want things.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm really jealous of you guys who can still use Netflix... that has been the worst part for me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom