• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Damn.

I have a CC stored on my PS3, so its possible these fuckers know where I live, and can start charging stuff on this card? its not even mine, its my Mom's. ;/

bob page

Man, I wonder how mainstream media is going to react to this considering PSN has 75+ million accounts. Potentially one of the largest security leaks of all time?

JoeBoy101

Holy shit. When the official statement is pretty much, "you done are screwed', you really are screwed.

Jesus, whomever busted in got the motherlode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, this really is the worst thing they could have said in this situation. I'm gonna be fucking watching my bank account like a hawk. Fucking shit.

Vinci

Danish
Seraphis Cain said:
SOME services up within A WEEK?

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

You're looking at the WRONG FUCKING PART....

Yeah, the 3rd party.... Who? Lets have some transparency on this whole thing, Sony. It's our information that is potentially jeopardized.

QHZ79.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Inexcusable that it took this long for them to say anything of substance. Thank god for CFW!

Luckily I had neither my address or CC on file.

Presco

This is way worse than I was expecting. Is there a way to change all my personal info and login info without accessing PSN through the PS3? I want my credit card details taken down immediately. Not that it would make a difference at this point. Just ridiculous.

bluehat9

bu...bu...but everyone said sony would've told us day one if personal information was compromised.

lol, way to fail, Sony.

* checks cc account for unusual charges again ): *

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I knew it was big.WE should have known earlier. Holy shit.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST BLUNDER WHAT IN THE HELL???

Takao

Banned
On the bright side they'll probably have to remotely deactivate everyone's PS3s and PSPs to make sure it's on equal footing. Good chance to get rid of some dead weight, right?

JoeBoy101

If I started getting bank fraud on my account due to this, I'd seriously send Sony the bill. I'll be generally surprised if Sony doesn't get sued over this.

Grinchy

Banned
What the fuck? I don't have my account linked to a credit card, I have linked to my god damn bank account. I guess I'll have to try to fit in a visit to my bank tomorrow.

I will only be filling my PSN wallet via Amazon from now on.

Grecco

bluehat9 said:
bu...bu...but everyone said sony would've told us day one if personal information was compromised.

lol, way to fail, Sony.

* checks cc account for unusual charges again ): *

Pretty much. Its an incredibly massive blunder on Sonys part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom