• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony publishes patent for PS5's removable plates

kyliethicc

Not both? What games would they release themed faceplates for if not these?

Even the PS3 slim had a GT plate release.
Hard to say what they'll do given the larger brand design aesthetic Sony has for the PS5.

What old Sony did for PS3 isn't relevant anymore for predictions.

Additionally, there's limited supply issues.

Too late to announce a HFW PS5. Would have been announced back in August, most likely.

God of War Ragnarok could be the first, but I bet they won't do one until Spider-man 2.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony already sold PS4 faceplates last gen. They was priced at around 20$ if im not mistaken. The black ones for PS5 made by dBrand was being sold for 90$.

Yep, I still have my No Man's Sky one that I had to order from the UK's Amazon since they weren't for sale in the US, and have it sent across the pond.

Still have not taken it out of the box either, lol.

711719862253_l.jpg

playstation-4-hdd-cover-no-mans-sky.jpg

Last edited:
I would love it if they made a plate that allowed you to lay the digital console down without having to use the stand, I don't trust the stand to keep the console in place if we have a moderate earthquake here in CA or even a bump when dusting. It's very easy to make the console slide as the grips on the stand don't actually snap onto the console in any way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom