• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony puts PS4 button prompts over Xbox One X footage of Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvB

Playstation youtube has uploaded 4K footage of Anthem (the same video shown at E3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujsHioT8zI
At the bottom of the screen you can see the button prompts, however when it appears/disappears, you can see the sneaky edit isn't quite as neat.
You can see the Xbox One button prompts underneath as the HUD fades in.
iqC1FcM.jpg

Naughty Naughty

A good example here when the character jumps out of the water and lands

< and > on the keyboard to move single frames.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujsHioT8zI&t=3m39s

Mislead me if old.

Archtreyz

Aren't these videos submitted by the publisher and then just published on Sony's YouTube account? Might be EA at fault here.

Haha thats pretty funny, dont see anything nefarious, probably just wanted a version to run on their channell
And didnt have one with playstation prompts due to marketing deals and such

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Publishers do this from time to time when they want have the platform holders promote games on their channel or in montages.

Floody

They all do it. Means the devs don't have to make two versions of identical gameplay for both platforms YouTube channels. Either that or just don't show button prompts at all.

This is nothing new. Happens all the time on the differing platforms.

In fact you'll see the same trailer on PS, MS, and publisher sites all with different buttons (usually each console and PC) as well as missing logo for Xbox or PS4 on the respective platform channel.

Isn't it the actual character talking, I didn't get the impression it was fake game chat.
Seriously? xD

angelic

Banned
Isn't it the actual character talking, I didn't get the impression it was fake game chat.

Later on in the trailer there is all the dumb dialogue between the 2 characters on the mission ("lot of them down there" etc), standard fake mic chatter and it really plucks my nerves.

I loved that gameplay demo, but this bugged me and my friends watching it the whole way through. We couldn't tell if it was in-game or staged voicechat. Seemed too good for staged voice chat, but also sounded way too gamey for in-game dialogue.

olag

Unless Bioware have completely lost all writing ability, Im pretty sure that was supposed to be fake online commentary.

Eusis

This is nothing compared to the the fake voiceover crap during that trailer.
I hate that sort of crap. That doesn't make it feel like the game's really played, it just makes it feel like you mocked up the gameplay entirely.

But yeah, probably safe to say that's on EA and Bioware.

It was the fastest thing for EA to do.

Take footage, replace button prompt icons, ensure text on video to say NOT FINAL PRODUCT or something of the sort, send to Sony.

Have a nice day.

RomeoDog

Banned
OP is of the era of PS3 vs 360 where we would freak about this. Now though you can trust multi platform development to be equal on both system.

udivision

Wait... I thought Anthem was an Xbox One exclusive? Which made the thread title even more confusing...

Why did I think that?

Let's see Sony take it down and replace it with PS4 footage then...
Huh? EA is making the game and sending the footage. Talk to EA if you're so hard up for a couple minutes of meaningless footage of a game not coming out for awhile.

timberger

Why would Sony be having to edit footage of a third party game? Is this something they have to do themselves for every third party title?

I mean, it was probably running on PC anyway, so it probably isn't a big deal regardless. But I'm curious where you read that it was Sony that did this.

Do people think Sony designed their own PS4 version of the button prompts and placed them over the Xbox footage or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom