• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony puts PS4 button prompts over Xbox One X footage of Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Let's see Sony take it down and replace it with PS4 footage then...

I'm not sure if you don't get that EA would have to do that and send them a new trailer to use, or you have some other agenda and are just ignoring what people are saying.

Floody

Let's see Sony take it down and replace it with PS4 footage then...

They'd need Bioware to create it first, record it, then send it to them, which would just be a waste of their time, when just covering the button prompts gets the job done (telling people it's coming to PS4 too).

angelic

Banned
sns1.png

Unless Bioware have completely lost all writing ability, Im pretty sure that was supposed to be fake online commentary.

Yeah man, I don't understand how they can confuse the following as in-game dialog:

GIRL: Nice, you have a mortar equipped!
PAUL: Yeah I got it on the weekend

---

PAUL: Have you been in there yet?
GIRL: I haven't! We should do that later with Kim
PAUL: Heh, you could use the XP

---

GIRL: Okay, actually lets get more people, hold on a sec
"SANDRA joined"
"KIM joined"
KIM: Hey guys whats up
SANDRA: Hey whats happening

CSX

So Sony has people hired to go around and design PS button prompts for each multiplatform game lol?

All Sony does is make sure the trailer doesn't show logos of their competitors at the beginning and end of the trailer and then click Upload.

Eusis

OP is of the era of PS3 vs 360 where we would freak about this. Now though you can trust multi platform development to be equal on both system.
PS3 and 360 was probably still closer than all prior generations. It's just it was somewhat randomly a toss up that you WOULD want to read those breakdowns to see which was preferred.

Boke1879

EA sends the footage. If anything they edited it with PS4 prompts.

This has been numerous times with various footage. EA most likely sent this over. I wouldn't be shocked if the footage we saw was straight up PC footage anyway.

Oh no!
Get the pitch forks!

Wouldn't this be PC footage?

The pitch forks were certainly out when MS advertised The Witcher 3 for Xbox and it turned out to be PC footage. People went fucking bananas. MS claimed it was a mistake. Whether it was or wasn't, at least they retracted it and publicly apologized.

EA or Bioware?

And why wouldn't they just use and sent the original footage? Does not make sense in my eyes.

Bioware or EA should not care about the buttons.
The platform holder does because he does not want the layout associated with the competition shown on their channel

SenkiDala

I don't understand what the problem is?

Yeah...

Those days, shittig on Sony is so hype, since the "Scropio" trend, it's like every bad things in this world is Sony's fault. :D

And I mean, is that bad that on the Xbox channel you see the Xbox buttons (because the video is aiming the Xbox audience) and on the PS channel you see the PS buttons (because the video is aiming the PS audience), come on people.

And why wouldn't they just use and sent the original footage? Does not make sense in my eyes.

The platform holder does because he does not want the layout associated with the competition shown on their channel

When have any platform holders ever used other consoles' footage on their own channel?

baberunisei

Doesn't matter, it's gonna be severely downgraded from what it looks in that footage when it comes to PS5 and XBOX Two after all

Blobbers

Why would Sony accept a half-assed video like that on their channel?

It seems like both EA and Sony wanted to eat one cake twice by not putting effort into actual PS4Pro footage but also make it appear the PS4 version will look as good as the XOXO version.

Doesn't matter anyway since the game will get downgraded

bryanee

Or EA being who they are did it. We'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom