• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony puts PS4 button prompts over Xbox One X footage of Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game looks way too good to be true eithey way, fake prompts or not. Got a gut feeling about it that it's going to get canned or made into a single player game looking way less fancy. Something about it's vision of the game being too ambitious for it's own good.

Boke1879

Why would Sony accept a half-assed video like that on their channel?

It seems like both EA and Sony wanted to eat one cake twice by not putting effort into actual PS4Pro footage but also make it appear the PS4 version will look as good as the XOXO version.

Doesn't matter anyway since the game will get downgraded

Or just Ea sent over the video and Sony uploaded it. It's as simply as that. I Also doubt the footage is going to look that different between versions anyway.

We were probably seeing a PC demo on the MS stage regardless.

KageMaru

I think this is EA's fuckup not, Sony trying to deceive. This is no different than Sony and MS showing off trailers for PS3/4 and 360/XBO games that were running off of PCs the last 12 years.

It is kind of odd that EA would even produce this video though. Even if the edit wasn't a botch job, many gamers would still know the footage is from the game running on an X. Maybe there's a chance the game will look similar on the Pro but running at 1800c or something similar.

When have any platform holders ever used other consoles' footage on their own channel?

All the time?
PC footage is used all the time
Or do you want to tell me all the CoD videos on the Xbox YouTube channel are not playstation footage today?

I thought they just cut the logos at the start and end to replace them.

And this is obviously not playstation footage used on the playstation channel. So i don't get your question. Or was that sarcasm?

Floody

And why wouldn't they just use and sent the original footage? Does not make sense in my eyes.

Bioware or EA should not care about the buttons.
The platform holder does because he does not want the layout with the competition shown on their channel

Because they want Sony to put it up on their channel. And Sony won't if there's Xbox prompts/logos/whatever. It's not uncommon for either platform to upload identical footage with just a PS4 or Xbox logo at the end, I really doubt either have a dedicated team just for doing that either as they put up soo many trailers a month.

Boke1879

Game looks way too good to be true eithey way, fake prompts or not. Got a gut feeling about it that it's going to get canned or made into a single player game looking way less fancy. Something about it's vision of the game being too ambitious for it's own good.

LMAOO this shit isn't getting canned. It's Bioware's next big IP. Maybe downgraded in the graphics department, but not canned.

Umm so? Is this supposed to be an issue or something? lol. Sounds like a Shit on Sony thread, only it was EA and a total thread backfire.

Ugh, this is embarrassing. I'm not talking about Sony or EA either.

This thread is embarassing no doubt. More Faux outrage.

HardRojo

And why wouldn't they just use and sent the original footage? Does not make sense in my eyes.

Bioware or EA should not care about the buttons.
The platform holder does because he does not want the layout associated with the competition shown on their channel

They care about their relationship with the platform holders though, that's why they do it. Geez... this thread is silly lol.

Boke1879

At the end of the day this doesn't even matter.

it's amazing that someone would make a big deal about this of all things. This shit matters way much less to this forum than cross play.

EvB

The pitch forks were certainly out when MS advertised The Witcher 3 for Xbox and it turned out to be PC footage. People went fucking bananas. MS claimed it was a mistake. Whether it was or wasn't, at least they retracted it and publicly apologized.

Or that time when people complained to the advertising standards association because an advert on TV for Final Fantasy was using PS3 footage on an Xbox advert.

Colbert

Banned

it's amazing that someone would make a big deal about this of all things. This shit matters way much less to this forum than cross play.

You know, the nice thing about shit is it stacks up ...

Boke1879

They care about their relationship with the platform holders though, that's why they do it. Geez... this thread is silly lol.

Seriously.

Sony has NBA 2k marketing. I've seen MS upload the exact same footage to their youtube channel the next day. LOL if you think they are capturing that footage from 2 different machines

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This is a problem if you think Sony is trying to mislead PS4 owners by showing XB1X footage. We don't even know if it was actually running on the XB1X or a PC (someone can clarify this). Either way the blame lies on the game's publisher for not providing Pro footage. What do you expect them to do? Show Xbox button prompts and the Xbox logo on their channel?

angelic

Banned

I dont think anyones making a big deal, but it's fun to catch this fakery out. E3 smoke and mirrors is the worst, just be authentic and win more fans.

All the time?
PC footage is used all the time
Or do you want to tell me all the CoD videos on the Xbox YouTube channel are not playstation footage today?

I thought they just cut the logos at the start and end to replace them.

And this is obviously not playstation footage used on the playstation channel. So i don't get your question. Or was that sarcasm?

You're purposely being obtuse now.

Zetta

The mixing absolutely made that sound like in game dialogue.

I remember thinking great, we got characters referencing loot now.

I honestly thought it was the game characters talking to each other and hoping I could turn that shit off. I then later found out it was the players talking to each other and wished it was just the characters talking lol.

HardRojo

Or that time when people complained to the advertising standards association because an advert on TV for Final Fantasy was using PS3 footage on an Xbox advert.

Maybe people have learned who is actually to blame when stuff like this happens and proceed to place the blame accordingly. Seems to me like all you want is a "Sony Too" scenario. Next time something like this happens people will blame the publisher too.

Boke1879

I dont think anyones making a big deal, but it's fun to catch this fakery out. E3 smoke and mirrors is the worst, just be authentic and win more fans.

Again. It doesn't matter. For either party. Because the only people talking about this is us. the game is going to look pretty much the same on both platforms. Nothing shown looked that out of the ordinary and if it did it was PC footage.

This is literally the least controversial thing ever right now.

ME:A not getting SP DLC is a bigger deal than this

Because they want Sony to put it up on their channel. And Sony won't if there's Xbox prompts/logos/whatever. It's not uncommon for either platform to upload identical footage with just a PS4 or Xbox logo at the end, I really doubt either have a dedicated team just for doing that either as they put up soo many trailers a month.

Yeah sure i agree on the first part.
Just not the second.
I doubt Microsoft and Sony don't have a team to edit footage to make it fit for their own platform. Put the logos at the start and end of the video etc.
Why should that be the job of the publisher?
The videos on the publsihers own channel mostly don't have any platform logos.
So they have to make all the videos and 3 different version?

I mean i don't know the internals, but that does bot sound very plausible

You're purposely being obtuse now.
Nah you just seem to talk nonsense if you're serious.

Just not the second.
I doubt Microsoft and Sony don't have a team to edit footage to make it fit for their own platform. Put the logos at the start and end of the video etc.

And we are done here.

HardRojo

Oh, now I get the point of this thread, it's not about informing people lol.
My takeaway is that the publishers are to blame when shit like this happens, as they are the ones responsible for providing proper footage. I'm out now.

Boke1879

Just not the second.

That's my point. They aren't capturing all this shit from different versions.

Mindlog

Not responsible for errant footage used on own Youtube channel.
Assumes your responsibility for potentially errant purchases on account.
🤔

EvB

If you don't see it, like everyone here does, nothing I say will change anything, this was most likely EA for one, but even if it was Sony, do you think they would show the competitions controller prompts? This is nothing.

I think that one went over your head.

angelic

Banned
Again. It doesn't matter. For either party. Because the only people talking about this is us. the game is going to look pretty much the same on both platforms. Nothing shown looked that out of the ordinary and if it did it was PC footage.

This is literally the least controversial thing ever right now.

ME:A not getting SP DLC is a bigger deal than this

Its not a big deal but it's symptomatic of the problem with a lot of trailer stuff. Dont insult the audience with fakery, identical promos in the sony and MS shows with edited buttons, dont do fake mic chatter.

This is just my opinion but I think gamers react better to just seeing the in development version of what has been made so far, lay off the faking and stop editing footage for slickness / mic chat / buttons etc. We can tell.

g11

Obligatory

GovhT25.gif

timberger

The difference between that thread and this one is in the respones. There is a lot of blame being thrown at MS in that thread, while in this one most ppl are here in defense of Sony.

Its interesting.

Not really, in that thread a PS4 version of NFS was being played and streamed at an official Xbox One preview event, the blame was completely on MS in that instance. In this case, there's no indication Sony did anything here beyond not scrutinise some button prompts in some third party footage they were sent with the same fine-tooth comb the OP used. Not really an identical scenario here.

Boke1879

To me it's not even on the publisher. That was a scripted video. They weren't going to capture the EXACT same footage for a PS4 console.

Not really, in that thread a PS4 version of NFS was being played and streamed at an official Xbox One preview event, the blame was completely on MS in that instance. In this case, there's no indication Sony did anything here beyond not scrutinise some button prompts in some third party footage they were sent with the same fine-tooth comb the OP used. Not really an identical scenario here.

Shh...that logic ruins the "Sony Too" argument.

Right? Bioware isn't going to make a vertical slice demo on every platform, capture and send out. They would have to get the footage to look EXACTLY the same.

They are going to make one demo, changes some prompts (or some other nefarious group), then send out.

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn, EvB getting rightfully shredded. What a transparent thread.

This happens all the time, and is on the publisher.

And we are done here.
At least i say it.
You just claim stuff while don't know shit for certain

But i bet you know how Sony , Microsoft and every publisher doing all their footage marketing stuff in detail.

Yeah that would be vere inefficient
And often they don't even have difgerent footage and just one platform to show in early stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom