• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony puts PS4 button prompts over Xbox One X footage of Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The difference between that thread and this one is in the respones. There is a lot of blame being thrown at MS in that thread, while in this one most ppl are here in defense of Sony.

Its interesting.

It is not interesting. It is the obvious response from the community. Sony is just more popular than MS and people convince themselves they can never do any wrong.

PS: EA probably did this regardless.

At least i say it.
You just claim stuff while don't know shit for certain

But i bet you know how Sony , Microsoft and every publisher doing all their footage marketing stuff in detail.

WTF is this nonsense? If yoo cannot talk in a civil manner...welcome to ignore.

It is not interesting. It is the obvious response from the community. Sony is just more popular than MS and people convince themselves they can never do any wrong.

Except the scenarios are not remotely the same.

I guess you never saw a cross play or PSn download speed thread. Confirmation bias at its finest.

Floody

Yeah sure i agree on the first part.
Just not the second.
I doubt Microsoft and Sony don't have a team to edit footage to make it fit for their own platform. Put the logos at the start and end of the video etc.
Why should that be the job of the publisher?
The videos on the publsihers own channel mostly don't have any platform logos.
So they have to make all the videos and 3 different version?

I mean i don't know the internals, but that does bot sound very plausible

Because the publisher makes the trailers. There's probably exceptions, like when a platform holder is backing a game heavily and wants to market it a specific way, but I doubt they have teams to edit every single trailer they get sent, because they probably get hundreds a week with all the indie games.

Also, pretty sure the Pubs have to eventually make a trailer for the digital stores anyway, so that'd be their reason why.

FelipeMGM

The difference between that thread and this one is in the respones. There is a lot of blame being thrown at MS in that thread, while in this one most ppl are here in defense of Sony.

Its interesting.

Hating anything MS and XB1 was reaaally popular at the time

Boke1879

It's not even that. MS used a video to promote their version of the game with PS4 button prompts. Of course people will notice and point that out.

Like people pointed that out because it was just a fuck up.

Ok, if Sony did do it would you want them to pull the vid, apologize and ask Bioware to create the same exact demo on the PS4 and repost?

KORNdoggy

This will be footage supplied by EA. a similar thing happened last gen with final fantasy 13, remember. It just doesn't really make any sense to capture native footage for each platform, especially one so far from release. Hell, games like call of duty are advertised using the exact same footage across all platforms despite being captured from only one platform. This isn't new.

godhandiscen

Ok, if Sony did do it would you want them to pull the vid, apologize and ask Bioware to create the same exact demo on the PS4 and repost?

Sony didn't do anything in this case. I agree it was EA. However if it was MS, there would be more scrutiny and people would just "wait for the facts" and such.

MS is just unpopular. It is okay, they have sold less consoles. People want to see their choices vindicated. I get it.

Two thoughts:

How do people notice things like this in the first place?

Holy shit you can skip frame by frame in youtube videos? Thread worth it for that revelation alone.

Sony didn't do anything in this case. I agree it was EA. However if it was MS, there would be more scrutiny and people would just "wait for the facts" and such.

MS is just unpopular. It is okay, they have sold less consoles. People want to see their choices vindicated. I get it.

I think you're seeing what you want to see...sony has gotten shredded on here regularly, just go into any cross play, PSn thread. There are plenty Sony gets deserved flak for...this is not it.

Abylim

At least i say it.
You just claim stuff while don't know shit for certain

But i bet you know how Sony , Microsoft and every publisher doing all their footage marketing stuff in detail.

Yeah that would be vere inefficient
And often they don't even have difgerent footage and just one platform to show in early stages

I am struggling to understand why this is soo big to you.

People in this thread have given a reasonable explanation as to how this happens, yet you and EvB are seemingly plugging your ears and still mad at sony.

I don't get it.

Man, Sony is getting blasted for cross play so I don't see how one is obviously more popular that the other. They both have a good amount of support and derision.

People in this thread have given a reasonable explanation as to how this happens, yet you and EvB are seemingly plugging your ears and still mad at sony.

I don't get it.

Come on dude...you know why.

Because the publisher makes the trailers. There's probably exceptions, like when a platform holder is backing a game heavily and wants to market it a specific way, but I doubt they have teams to edit every single trailer they get sent, because they probably get hundreds a week with all the indie games.

Also, pretty sure the Pubs have to eventually make a trailer for the digital stores anyway, so that'd be their reason why.

yeah i don't say they have a team just for that specific reason. Just the general Vido editing stuff is doing it, IF necessary
i mean some one has to do the work

I don't get it.
this isn't a big deal for me.
i already said it's usual practice

the only big deal to me is people claim this is definitely done by the publisher in any cace and in no way possible the platform holder.
does not chance anything basically, but yet i want to know

plus everyone here is easy to trigger, so i obviously go for it ;)

godhandiscen

WTF is this nonsense? If yoo cannot talk in a civil manner...welcome to ignore.

Except the scenarios are not remotely the same.

I guess you never saw a cross play or PSn download speed thread. Confirmation bias at its finest.

The cross play thread in which the decision is split among posters?
"It isn't in Sony's best interest, so they don't have to do it guys"

Yes, I have seen the thread. It is normal. Like I said, Sony has the biggest userbase, and it is normal to see people defending their console manufacturer of choice. It has happened always since the beginning of the business. People get attached to these machines in an irrational manner.

Boke1879

Two thoughts:

How do people notice things like this in the first place?

Holy shit you can skip frame by frame in youtube videos? Thread worth it for that revelation alone.

For a video uploaded 5 days ago and we are just now getting something like this..Someone had an agenda. Nobody noticed or better yet cared enough about this.

How evil can Sony be? First they break into EA and modify one of their trailers then they post it on their youtube like they own it.

The cross play thread in which the decision is split among posters?
"It isn't in Sony's best interest, so they don't have to do it guys"

Yes, I have seen the thread. It is normal. Like I said, Sony has the biggest userbase, and it is normal to see people defending their console manufacturer of choice. It has happened always since the beginning of the business. People get attached to these machines in an irrational manner.

Yeah..need receipts. You are an example of confirmation bias.

Boke1879

Yeah..need receipts. You are an example of confirmation bias.

There are people who claim to not care about cross play. He has a point. That said. That has nothing to do with this thread. At ALL. It's not even the same topic. Sony deserves shit for Cross Play.

This? Eh. It's nothing. Literally nothing. People need to pick their battles.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I can totally confirm that Sony downloaded the footage from Gamersyde, slapped their ugly buttons on it, and then uploaded it to their official YouTube channel. EA did not send them this footage and Sony did not get any permission to use it this way. For shame, Sony, for shame.

#StopMisleadingPeopleWithXOXFootage

mcrommert

Banned
I can totally confirm that Sony downloaded the footage from Gamersyde, slapped their ugly buttons on it, and then uploaded it to their official channel. EA did not send them this footage and Sony did not get any permission to use it this way. For shame, Sony, for shame.

Lol... Think of the children

For a video uploaded 5 days ago and we are just now getting something like this..Someone had an agenda. Nobody noticed or better yet cared enough about this.
I just imagine an enraged EvB scouring Sony's Anthem video frame by frame, looking for something controversial.

There are people who claim to not care about cross play. He has a point. That said. That has nothing to do with this thread. At ALL. It's not even the same topic. Sony deserves shit for Cross Play.

This? Eh. It's nothing. Literally nothing. People need to pick their battles.

Of course, i don't care about cross play...but what I am saying is I need receipts it is 50/50 , most in that thread say "Bad Sony" and rightfully so. Sony is not getting a free pass because they are more popular...they have gotten shit on when they do something dumb.

SgtCobra

I can totally confirm that Sony downloaded the footage from Gamersyde, slapped their ugly buttons on it, and then uploaded it to their official YouTube channel. EA did not send them this footage and Sony did not get any permission to use it this way. For shame, Sony, for shame.

That hashtag....we could make it work!

KageMaru

Thread title should be updated from Sony to EA.

Man, Sony is getting blasted for cross play so I don't see how one is obviously more popular that the other. They both have a good amount of support and derision.

Nah I think it's fair to say Sony has a larger following here. While Sony is getting blasted for crossplay there are a ton of people defending Sony's decision on it.

The PS4 has a larger install base and more mindshare worldwide, so it makes sense and shouldn't be seen as a dig on GAF.

I don't see why that's funny
It's nice to expect things but I'm sure Bioware just wants to get back to the game instead of making three vertical slices. Make one, send it out, back to work. Making those demos does take resources away from the main project, even if temporarily.

Sony better issue a press release to explain this. Shu might also have to resign.
How about just Jim Ryan?

Can't wait for Ryan's public explanation
Oh boy, that would dominate GAF for another two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom