• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q2 FY 2011 Financial Results - 3.7M PS3s Ship, $350M Net Loss For Full Company

Petrichor

Surely global console sales are a lot less important to publishers this generation than last generation? I mean do EA, Ubisoft or Activision really care about PS3 / 360 sales in Japan - a region where their games simply don't sell?

Surely the important figure is Europe + USA.

hirokazu

Petrichor said:
Surely global console sales are a lot less important to publishers this generation than last generation? I mean do EA, Ubisoft or Activision really care about PS3 / 360 sales in Japan - a region where their games simply don't sell?

I think each set of sales for each region and combination of regions is useful for difference purposes. It's not as black and white as "western developers have no need for worldwide sales, only North America and Europe." Depending on who is using the data and for what purpose, what data is important changes.

jcm

bigtroyjon said:
Last quarter revenue:(in billions)(yoy)
Xbox360 platform-$1.743(+7%)
Playstation family-$2.054(-7.7%)

Hardware shipments make for fun charts but at the end of the day they don't count for much this far into the gen. Sony shipped 1.4 more million consoles but still likely ended up producing less revenue. (PS2 and PSP shipped enough hardware and software to make up the difference in the above numbers)

Hopefully Vita can stop the declines in gaming revenue for Sony.

Where are you getting the Xbox 360 number? I can't find that in the earnings release.

Petrichor said:

Do you think EA and Activision are watching these numbers closely to decide whether to continue releasing on the 360 and/or the PS3?

jcm

mentalfloss said:
So, Sony as a whole posted a net loss, but I'm assuming the gaming division raked in a profit?

We don't know. The gaming division is well hidden in the earnings release. They frequently mention it in the call, though. They may have been profitable, but it's not assured. It depends on how high the Vita launch costs were.

EagleEyes

Good PS3 numbers for Sony but the 4th quarter will determine whether this year was a success for them or not. They only sold 200k more with a price cut than the same quarter last year. They are inching closer to the 360 but at what cost? One is firmly making a large profit in the business and the other continues to struggle.

PSP and PS2 are both almost at clearing their annual expectations already! PS3 might not make it though, given the price cut it seems a bit low yoy honestly.

I wonder if PSP can sputter along enough to catch GBA or not?

From Edge this morning:

Losses for Sony's PlayStation division

Sony Corporation's Consumer Products and Services division, which includes its PlayStation business, posted an operating loss of ¥34.6 billion (£277.6 million) in the three months to September 30.

The division, which also includes Sony's TV, video, digital imaging, PC and mobile businesses, saw sales revenue fall 12.3 per cent year on year to ¥779.7 billion (£6.2 billion), after posting a billion-yen profit this time last year. In a statement, Sony pinned the decline on the PS3 price cut, declining PC and TV sales, and the strength of the yen.

Across the business as a whole, revenue was ¥1,575 billion (£12.6 billion), a decline of 9.1 per cent, and the company slipped from last year's ¥31.1 billion profit to a loss of ¥27 billion (£216.6 million). Sony has lowered its forecasts for the year ending March 31, and now expects a loss of ¥90 billion (£722 million).

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/losses-sonys-playstation-division

Lovegooder said:
From Edge this morning:

Sony Corporation's Consumer Products and Services division, which includes its PlayStation business, posted an operating loss of ¥34.6 billion (£277.6 million) in the three months to September 30.

The division, which also includes Sony's TV, video, digital imaging, PC and mobile businesses, saw sales revenue fall 12.3 per cent year on year to ¥779.7 billion (£6.2 billion), after posting a billion-yen profit this time last year. In a statement, Sony pinned the decline on the PS3 price cut, declining PC and TV sales, and the strength of the yen.

Across the business as a whole, revenue was ¥1,575 billion (£12.6 billion), a decline of 9.1 per cent, and the company slipped from last year's ¥31.1 billion profit to a loss of ¥27 billion (£216.6 million). Sony has lowered its forecasts for the year ending March 31, and now expects a loss of ¥90 billion (£722 million).

The strong yen seems to be fucking a lot of Japanese companies over, Nissan is about the only Japanese company making reasonable money.

EagleEyes said:
Good PS3 numbers for Sony but the 4th quarter will determine whether this year was a success for them or not. They only sold 200k more with a price cut than the same quarter last year. They are inching closer to the 360 but at what cost? One is firmly making a large profit in the business and the other continues to struggle.

Yes, and I'd say it's the profits and profits alone that will determine whether this year was a success for them or not. At this point in the generation, minuscule differences in install bases are completely irrelevant as the stage for the next round has already been set. Both Microsoft and Sony would do better to concentrate on making money now as they'll have to make another big investment very soon.

Road

GTP_Daverytimes said:
The strong yen seems to be fucking a lot of Japanese companies over, Nissan is about the only Japanese company making reasonable money.
Toshiba is also making money this fiscal year.

jcm said:
Where are you getting the Xbox 360 number? I can't find that in the earnings release.
The "Xbox 360 platform" revenue can be obtained from earning release comments:
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...ntAndDevicesDivision/FY12/Q1/performance.aspx
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31996400&postcount=52

Sony's "Game" revenue by quarter can be obtained on this spreadsheet (P11-Sales):
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/hist_2001_2011.xls

Although it doesn't have the latest quarter yet. Maybe it was mentioned in the conference call -- I haven't checked that yet.

Sony needs to turn around their TV division sooner rather than later. I know they're already taking steps to do that but man, that's really hurting them profit wise. As for PS3, good stuff, they need to keep the momentum going.

thuway

Sony prices their televisions into the stratosphere. The current HX929 is an absolutely glorious television. Reviewers have said it matches the black levels of the Kuro. However, it is still way too expensive for what it offers.

thuway said:
Sony prices their televisions into the stratosphere. The current HX929 is an absolutely glorious television, however, it is still way too expensive for what it offers.
pretty much. Last I read, Samsung and Vizio were killing them. But apparently Kaz is working on fixing it quickly. They just need a line of good but still budget TVs. Cheap HDTVs are king.

thuway

-Pyromaniac- said:
pretty much. Last I read, Samsung and Vizio were killing them. But apparently Kaz is working on fixing it quickly. They just need a line of good but still budget TVs. Cheap HDTVs are king.

Exactly. Now that they have broken up with Samsung, they need to work on some cheaper "Non Bravia" televisions that are budget rate and target companies like Vizio specifically.

Lovegooder said:
From Edge this morning:

I expect better writing from Edge than this.

CPS includes pretty much all of Sony's consumer oriented products now, including TVs where they had massive inventory write downs to take into account lower than expected sales and higher cost of sales.

If anything I expect SCE broke even.

hirokazu

zomgbbqftw said:

CPS includes pretty much all of Sony's consumer oriented products now, including TVs where they had massive inventory write downs to take into account lower than expected sales and higher cost of sales.

I excepted SCE to turn a modest profit, but will we ever find out given how they've structured their divisions now?

jcm

Road said:
The "Xbox 360 platform" revenue can be obtained from earning release comments:
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...ntAndDevicesDivision/FY12/Q1/performance.aspx
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31996400&postcount=52

Sony's "Game" revenue by quarter can be obtained on this spreadsheet (P11-Sales):
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/hist_2001_2011.xls

Although it doesn't have the latest quarter yet. Maybe it was mentioned in the conference call -- I haven't checked that yet.

Thanks Road. You can get the Sony number from the release pdf, in the Sales to Customers by Product Category section.

hirokazu said:
I excepted SCE to turn a modest profit, but will we ever find out given how they've structured their divisions now?
Sometimes they mention it in the earnings call. The transcript is usually posted within a day or two.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I swear they've been restructuring for like 10 years now. At some point they may need to face the reality that they just aren't good at the TV business.

jcm

Speaking of the devil, the transcript has been posted. Here's the game relevant portion:

Next is the Game business. Game business sales, which include network service revenues, decreased year-on-year due to the strategic price reduction of PS3 hardware undertaken in August in advance of the year-end holiday selling season, and the PS2 business as a whole, which continues to have steady demand in developing countries, but has peaked out and is shrinking. PS3 hardware unit sales were 3.7 million units, the highest ever for the seven quarters since the launch of the product in 2006.

Operating income for Game business has decreased year-on-year. Although we continue to reduce the manufacturing costs of PS3 hardware, operating income decreased due to the change in the price of PS3 hardware. Customer expectations for the PlayStation Vita, which we will launch in December are very high. Sales of the PS3 have been strong due to the benefit of the change in price and the support of strong software sales. Going forward, several hit titles are scheduled to be released. We temporarily halted the PlayStation Network due to the unauthorized access incident. But since restarting the service, customers are again utilizing the service and results are trending favorably, as customers are purchasing a great deal of content, including new popular game titles.

The only other thing I saw that may be of interest to us is that they are apparently dollar-neutral, so the foreign currency problems are strictly euro problems.

zomgbbqftw said:

Sony profits on all their consoles/handheld. They sell PS3, PS2, PSP for a profit. I would say the PS2 and PSP sell for a decent margin. The only problem is the Yen (not withstanding other products in the same division). This quarter will be monstrous for Sony and MS software wise. games like MW3, BF3, Saints Row, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fifa, Uncharted 3 will bring decent revenues to console manufactures.

offshore

jcm said:
I swear they've been restructuring for like 10 years now. At some point they may need to face the reality that they just aren't good at the TV business.
Yeah, no kidding. Seriously, figure out how to make money in the TV market or get into another business. This is beyond embarrassing.

StevieP

Banned
Beam said:
Sony profits on all their consoles/handheld. They sell PS3, PS2, PSP for a profit. I would say the PS2 and PSP sell for a decent margin. The only problem is the Yen (not withstanding other products in the same division).

Not on release they didn't.

This quarter will be monstrous for Sony and MS software wise. games like MW3, BF3, Saints Row, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fifa, Uncharted 3 will bring decent revenues to console manufactures.

Holidays certainly sell a lot more software.

Beam said:
Sony profits on all their consoles/handheld. They sell PS3, PS2, PSP for a profit. I would say the PS2 and PSP sell for a decent margin. The only problem is the Yen (not withstanding other products in the same division). This quarter will be monstrous for Sony and MS software wise. games like MW3, BF3, Saints Row, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fifa, Uncharted 3 will bring decent revenues to console manufactures.

Indeed. It looks like Sony are still selling PS3 for a profit, albeit a reduced one. Hopefully that increased uptake drives accessory and software revenues. I read an estimate somewhere that Sony want 6-7m in sales for Uncharted 3. I think they can achieve it. Those kind of sales will boost their bottom line massively.

Anyway, in terms of Sony making TVs and losing money on them there is a serious reorganisation in place. They have basically farmed out production of low-end models to Foxcon, medium range to China and high margin top end will come back to Japan so build quality doesn't suffer. The new 'emerging tech' looks interesting I think it is basically to get OLED out of the door in 2012 before any other manufacturer. They already have their 25" pro monitor, they need to get a consumer version of that out for computer screens out fast and 32"-55" out by the end of next year.

Glix

NateDrake said:
With that StarWars themed Xbox 360 coming, you have to figure a lot of people will be buying that just as an extra console.

Joke post?

Sometimes I think us Gaffers are a little too close to have perspective.

Jokeropia

AniHawk said:
i don't think the ds will beat it in the long run. it'll stay about 5-6 million behind. if it had the decade+ the ps2 had, sure, but nintendo's going to kill the machine next year.
The problem is that we don't even know the exact PS2 shipments. By Sony PR, we have 150m as of January 31 2011, and they have shipped 3.8 million from January 1 2011 to September 30 2011. We need to know how many of the 1.2 million shipped from January 1 to March 31 that were shipped during January and thus included in the 150m PR. Assuming even shipments of 400k in all three months gives us an LTD of 153.4 million, but I'm not sure it's an assumption you can make.

Meanwhile, DS is at 149 million and Nintendo expects to ship 3.42 million systems from October to March compared to 1.4 million PS2s that Sony expects to ship in the same period. I'm hoping that if the 3DS really gets going this holiday, Nintendo will be confident enough in it to grant the DS it's budget period ($99 DSi) so that the aforementioned uncertainty becomes irrelevant.

jcm said:
Speaking of the devil, the transcript has been posted. Here's the game relevant portion:

Next is the Game business. Game business sales, which include network service revenues, decreased year-on-year due to the strategic price reduction of PS3 hardware undertaken in August in advance of the year-end holiday selling season, and the PS2 business as a whole, which continues to have steady demand in developing countries, but has peaked out and is shrinking. PS3 hardware unit sales were 3.7 million units, the highest ever for the seven quarters since the launch of the product in 2006.

Operating income for Game business has decreased year-on-year. Although we continue to reduce the manufacturing costs of PS3 hardware, operating income decreased due to the change in the price of PS3 hardware. Customer expectations for the PlayStation Vita, which we will launch in December are very high. Sales of the PS3 have been strong due to the benefit of the change in price and the support of strong software sales. Going forward, several hit titles are scheduled to be released. We temporarily halted the PlayStation Network due to the unauthorized access incident. But since restarting the service, customers are again utilizing the service and results are trending favorably, as customers are purchasing a great deal of content, including new popular game titles.

The only other thing I saw that may be of interest to us is that they are apparently dollar-neutral, so the foreign currency problems are strictly euro problems.

Operating Income for the NPS division last year was $84 million and wording in that release suggests to me that the PC's were profitable so the operating income for the Game business this quarter is likely below $84 million.

Dollar neutral refers to comparisons made to previous quarters and years. They use Yen for the %increase or %decrease numbers and not the converted dollar amounts which would change daily.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU!

Wait, this isn't Nintendo, but Sony?

Oh well, that weak euro is really sucking right now, huh?

(This has been a reenactment. Actual details may differ)

hauton

They're taking baby steps

buying out the E in SE was a real good first step

but maybe too little too late, and the yen isn't helping.

Jokeropia said:
The problem is that we don't even know the exact PS2 shipments. By Sony PR, we have 150m as of January 31 2011, and they have shipped 3.8 million from January 1 2011 to September 30 2011. We need to know how many of the 1.2 million shipped from January 1 to March 31 that were shipped during January and thus included in the 150m PR. Assuming even shipments of 400k in all three months gives us an LTD of 153.4 million, but I'm not sure it's an assumption you can make.

Meanwhile, DS is at 149 million and Nintendo expects to ship 3.42 million systems from October to March compared to 1.4 million PS2s that Sony expects to ship in the same period. I'm hoping that if the 3DS really gets going this holiday, Nintendo will be confident enough in it to grant the DS it's budget period ($99 DSi) so that the aforementioned uncertainty becomes irrelevant.
It was 147.6m as of Sept 30, 2010. Yay for PR!

Also worth mentioning DS figures don't include iQue DS models. It might be past PS2 already, we just don't know.

jcm

bigtroyjon said:
Operating Income for the NPS division last year was $84 million and wording in that release suggests to me that the PC's were profitable so the operating income for the Game business this quarter is likely below $84 million.

Dollar neutral refers to comparisons made to previous quarters and years. They use Yen for the %increase or %decrease numbers and not the converted dollar amounts which would change daily.

I may have used the wrong lingo. What I meant is that they buy enough parts in dollars to soak up the dollar revenues and avoid the exchange hit. The actual quote is:

As far as the dollar is concerned, we have a balanced export here, so not much changed. Now, regarding euro, we will be impacted by the depreciation of euro. And looking at the development of other currencies since August, the impact is ¥65 billion. Another is floods in Thailand. Well, things are changing and the damages are changing. So, this is forecast as of now.

And this news story appears to confirm my interpretation:

Another drag for Sony has been the strength of the yen, especially against the euro. While Sony has offset the yen's rise against the dollar by procuring parts in the U.S. currency, but has struggled to make a similar shift with the euro, in part because of the speed of the yen's rise against the currency.

jcm said:
I may have used the wrong lingo. What I meant is that they buy enough parts in dollars to soak up the dollar revenues and avoid the exchange hit. The actual quote is:

As far as the dollar is concerned, we have a balanced export here, so not much changed. Now, regarding euro, we will be impacted by the depreciation of euro. And looking at the development of other currencies since August, the impact is ¥65 billion. Another is floods in Thailand. Well, things are changing and the damages are changing. So, this is forecast as of now.

And this news story appears to confirm my interpretation:

Another drag for Sony has been the strength of the yen, especially against the euro. While Sony has offset the yen's rise against the dollar by procuring parts in the U.S. currency, but has struggled to make a similar shift with the euro, in part because of the speed of the yen's rise against the currency.

Thanks for the clarification was only thinking of revenue and not the costs.

4 straight years of losses. That's pretty rough, and they bought some shit in these past few years:

- BMG in 2008
- MM in 2009
- SP this year
- Ericsson this year
- and some other acquisitions

Takao

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
4 straight years of losses. That's pretty rough, and they bought some shit in these past few years:

- BMG in 2008
- MM in 2009
- SP this year
- Ericsson this year
- and some other acquisitions

Who is BMG? Is that the music label?

I don't think it's right to list some developer purchases with the Sony Ericsson purchase either, lol. One's a few millions, the other's a billion and a half.

MS will not let Sony surpass them WW before they launch the next machine. So at this rate they will have to release the 720 by holiday 2012 to be sure that won't happen. Color me surprised, I had them pegged for 2013, these numbers changed my mind.

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
Sony needs to turn around their TV division sooner rather than later. I know they're already taking steps to do that but man, that's really hurting them profit wise.

Their TV division has lost money 8 years in a row. They need to just sell it.

Opiate

Karma said:
Their TV division has lost money 8 years in a row. They need to just sell it.

But over the last 8 years, no division has lost more money in aggregate than the Gaming division has. Saying "but now they're probably maybe approximately breaking even this year" isn't much consolation when they've already lost so much money and we're about to enter a new generation all over again.

Then there are divisions like film, which have never really been big moneymakers; they typically run profits over the course of a decade, but the margins are incredibly slim and drag down overall margins for a generally tech-driven company. Opportunity cost is high.

Sony has no divisions that one would consider "successful" right now. They have a wide variety of underperforming divisions, which is why the unification and streamlining processes Stringer has undertaken is so important. Sony definitely has the resources to make a unique and very powerful conglomerate; execution will be key.

goomba

Banned
Parmenides said:
-Sony Corporation,the world's largest game console maker,announced its consolidated results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2011 (July 1, 2011 to September 30, 2011)

LINK: Sony Consolidated Financial Results

PS3 Worldwide Unit Sales (Unit:Million)
Code:
Hardware Sales   Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr     FY       LTD

FY 2006/07         -        -       1.7      1.8      3.5      3.5

FY 2007/08        0.7      1.3      4.9      2.2      9.1      12.6 

FY 2008/09        1.6      2.4      4.5      1.6      10.1     22.7 

FY 2009/10        1.1      3.2      6.5      2.2      13.0     35.7

FY 2010/11        2.4      3.5      6.3      2.1      14.3     50.0

FY 2011/12        1.8      3.7       -        -       5.5      55.5

Software Sales   Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr     FY       LTD

FY 2006/07         -        -       5.2      8.1      13.3     13.3

FY 2007/08        4.7      10.4     26.0     16.8     57.9     71.2 

FY 2008/09        22.8     21.2     40.8     18.9     103.7    174.9 

FY 2009/10        14.8     23.9     47.6     29.3     115.6    290.5

FY 2010/11        24.8     35.3     57.6     30.2     147.9    438.4

FY 2011/12        26.1     37.4      -        -       63.5     501.9

PS2 Worldwide Unit Sales (Unit:Million)
Code:
-March 31,2006  Cumulative  Production Shipments of Hardware -> 103.69

FY 2006/07        2.3      3.4      6.7      2.4      14.8     14.8 

FY 2007/08        2.7      3.2      5.4      2.4      13.7     28.5 

FY 2008/09        1.5      2.5      2.5      1.4      7.9      36.4 

FY 2009/10        1.6      1.9      2.1      1.7      7.3      43.7

FY 2010/11        1.6      1.5      2.1      1.2      6.4      50.1

FY 2011/12        1.4      1.2      -        -        2.6      52.7

-March 31,2006  Cumulative  Production Shipments of Software -> 1047.0

Software Sales    Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr     FY       LTD

FY 2006/07        32.7     47.2     78.6     35.0     193.5    193.5

FY 2007/08        31.1     38.0     60.9     24.0     154.0    347.5 

FY 2008/09        19.3     23.2     29.7     11.3     83.5     431.0 

FY 2009/10        8.5      11.4     11.2     4.6      35.7     466.7

FY 2010/11        3.4      5.6      5.3      2.1      16.4     483.1

FY 2011/12        1.5      2.8       -        -       4.3      487.4
-Sony: PS2 Sales Reach 150 Million Units Worldwide (As of January 31, 2011)...1.52 Billion Units of PS2 Software Have Been Sold Worldwide (As of the End of December 2010)

PSP Worldwide Unit Sales (Unit:Million)
Code:
-March 31,2006  Cumulative  Production Shipments of Hardware -> 17.03

FY 2006/07        1.4      2.0      4.7      1.5      9.6      9.6 

FY 2007/08        2.1      2.5      5.7      3.5      13.8     23.4 

FY 2008/09        3.7      3.2      5.1      2.1      14.1     37.5 

FY 2009/10        1.3      3.0      4.2      1.4      9.9      47.4

FY 2010/11        1.2      1.5      3.6      1.7      8.0      55.4

FY 2011/12        1.8      1.7       -        -       3.5      58.9

-March 31,2006  Cumulative  Production Shipments of Software -> 47.3

Software Sales   Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr     FY       LTD

FY 2006/07        9.2      13.2     21.2     11.1     54.7     54.7

FY 2007/08        9.8      12.6     18.3     14.8     55.3     110.0 

FY 2008/09        11.8     11.8     15.5     11.2     50.3     160.3 

FY 2009/10        8.3      13.0     15.0     8.1      44.4     204.7

FY 2010/11        9.2      11.0     16.5     9.9      46.6     251.3

FY 2011/12        6.6       8.1       -       -       14.7     266.0
-Sony: PSP Sales Reach 70 Million Units Worldwide (As of April 27, 2011)...With Cumulative Software Sales Reaching 298 Million Units to Date (As of the End of March 2011)

-For the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2012, Sony expects to sell 15 million PS3s, 6 million PSPs and 4 million PS2s

Code:
Hardware Sales (Unit:Million)

(Ja-Mr)11   (Ap-Jn)11    (Jl-Sp)11    (Oc-Dc)11    YTD       LTD

PS3      2.1        1.8          3.7           -         7.6       55.5 

360      2.7        1.7          2.3           -         6.7       57.6

Wii      1.36       1.56         1.79          -         4.71      89.36

PS2      1.2        1.4          1.2           -         3.8      ~153.0

3DS      3.61       0.71         2.36          -         6.68      6.68

PSP      1.7        1.8          1.7           -         5.2      ~73.0

NDS      1.82       1.44         1.14          -         4.4       149.0
-Microsoft Q1 Results

-Nintendo Announces First Half FY 2011 Financial Results

15_image.jpg

How do Sony get away with the "worlds largest console maker " title when they have sold far less than the Wii ?.

Petrichor said:

Europe + USA are big markets on their own, but Japan is not the only other market. Lot of territories are constantly forgotten when people think of WW numbers and it adds up to quite a bit.

Opiate

BattleMonkey said:
Europe + USA are big markets on their own, but Japan is not the only other market. Lot of territories are constantly forgotten when people think of WW numbers and it adds up to quite a bit.

In particular, Sony is the very best of the three manufacturers at getting their product to countries that qualify as "other." That's often why they seem "behind" when looking only at the US (or US + Japan, or whatever) but then are clearly "ahead" when the shipment totals come out at the end of the year.

Cipherr

Tylahedras said:
MS will not let Sony surpass them WW before they launch the next machine. So at this rate they will have to release the 720 by holiday 2012 to be sure that won't happen. Color me surprised, I had them pegged for 2013, these numbers changed my mind.

Would they really care? Considering the positions last gen, I would imagine even if the PS3 passes the 360 WW, MS wont really bat an eye. From duking it out with the GC one gen and barely nabbing 2nd place while the Sony ran away with the gen, to at worst, equaling Sony pretty much this gen.

Im sure the Xbox fanboys will pitch a fit when the PS3 takes second, but I cant imagine MS being very upset with themselves this gen. They fucked up horribly at the start, and still made a game of it.

Top Bottom