• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony refused cross platform play in Minecraft

EvB

Minecraft was announced as being cross play across PC, Xbox, Switch and Tablets. PS4 was not mentioned.

Jez Corden just tweeted the reason why
gw9Sx6M.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Why can't we have nice things.

Because sony is market leader and they gain nothing by cross-platform play, actually probably the opposite.

EDIT: For those continually quoting me, I'm NOT IN ANY WAY saying this is a good excuse, it's beyond shitty and I'm not trying to defend sony.

I mean fucking Nintendo with whatever network they want to run, will have Minecraft cross play. Its like Kaz twitter said about Nintendo getting name changes before Sony, its like finding out your grandparents got Snapchat before you.

Because sony is market leader and they gain nothing by cross-platform play, actually probably the opposite.
I'd say this

If MS were in the market leader spot they wouldn't be heavily chasing cross platform play. They are doing it because it takes away a competitive advantage of userbase

13ruce

Banned
Sony be like oh no my pride over a positive business decision.

They probably even think ha MS take that we don't care! We are the Market leader anyway lulz.

In before "but business" (but not really before since it's already happening).

Fuck off with that shit. It's a pretty pathetic thing to be defending.

Top Bottom