• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Sony Registers A New Trademark For PlayStation Experience Event Also Known As PSX

Foorbits

Nov 14, 2008
the king has returned GIF

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
Is it normal to trademark event names, not heard of that before. Sounds like it's not going to be a one off thing if they've done that.

Seems like the bullet of mercy to E3, dragging all the goods from 3rd party studios to their own PSX, which will have 10x more watch count.

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

Oct 30, 2020
I can't wait to hear about all the remakes and remasters

Lets not forget the cinematic third party action adventure games because we don't have enough of those!

And remakes of remasters and remasters of remakes maybe some of them will even be in VR!

So many generations to believe in that they keep releasing the same type of games over and over again

Creative bankruptcy under the guise of exclusive experiences at $70 dollars a pop

Only on PlayStation

nbkicker

Jan 21, 2021
Ill just wait and see what happens, as e3 was just one big dud this yr, but considering no studio went all out can see sony just putting a average show out as well, although suprised there been no cod announcement yet unless thats tied in with playstation

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

yurinka

Jan 19, 2007
Barcelona, Spain
www.capcom-town.es
Is Jim Ryan more confident now after seeing Xbox E3?

Sony is going second this time.
Yes, after the E3 Jimbo is confident that PS will continue being the alpha dog and Xbox will continue being the 3rd one.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Aug 27, 2018
Portugal 🇵🇹

Lets not forget the cinematic third party action adventure games because we don't have enough of those!

And remakes of remasters and remasters of remakes maybe some of them will even be in VR!

So many generations to believe in that they keep releasing the same type of games over and over again

Creative bankruptcy under the guise of exclusive experiences at $70 dollars a pop

Only on PlayStation
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

didn't find the giant dinosaur turd gif, but i think this one is pretty neat also no?

Last edited:

NEbeast

Jul 28, 2020

Only on PlayStation
poop diarrhea GIF

Duchess

Oct 2, 2020
List of unlikely announcements:

1. PSN Plus Plus - £100 a year, to get immediate access to a limit number of first party PS5 titles.

2. Digital game sales - using some sort of blockchain magic, to allow trading and selling of purchased digital goods.

3. The Last of Us, Part 3 (no trailer, just mention that it's happening)

4. Bloodborne PS5 remaster (including PC release).

5. Parasite Eve remake teaser (also on PS4).

6. Killzone remaster.

7. Sony decide that spinning the PS5's disc drive once an hour isn't actually that fucking necessary.

8. New PS5 colour options, including black.

9. Astro's Playroom 2.

10. People come away from the event feeling that Jim Ryan is actually quite a decent bloke.

11. Days Gone sequel.

12. No more £70 games. Will start at £50.

13. Halo MCC on PS5.

14. Production rate of PS5 is now at a level where most people will actually be able to purchase one, without going to scalpers or pressing F5 constantly on Amazon's listing page.

Anyone want to add some? The more ludicrous, the better. Bonus points if it doesn't sound all that weird, but still highly unlikely :)

Last edited:

tmlDan

May 30, 2017
the state of play videos are like shitty bootleg Nintendo Directs... so yeah... honestly Sony should rebrand them and completely restructure them if they want to keep making them
I dunno, the Nintendo directs are pretty shit too lol.

I like the content but the cringy transitions with some talking and a game with a female voiceover is not very creative at all.

I think State of Plays should be kept for deep dives on games like they do for Forbidden West or Ratchet and then do a huge multigame showcase in a theatre.

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
List of unlikely announcements:

1. PSN Plus Plus - £100 a year, to get immediate access to a limit number of first party PS5 titles.

2. Digital game sales - using some sort of blockchain magic, to allow trading and selling of purchased digital goods.

3. The Last of Us, Part 3 (no trailer, just mention that it's happening)

4. Bloodborne PS5 remaster (including PC release).

5. Parasite Eve remake teaser (also on PS4).

6. Killzone remaster.

7. Sony decide that spinning the PS5's disc drive once an hour isn't actually that fucking necessary.

8. New PS5 colour options, including black.

9. Astro's Playroom 2.

10. People come away from the event feeling that Jim Ryan is actually quite a decent bloke.

11. Days Gone sequel.

12. No more £70 games. Will start at £50.

13. Halo MCC on PS5.

14. Production rate of PS5 is now at a level where most people will actually be able to purchase one, without going to scalpers or pressing F5 constantly on Amazon's listing page.

Anyone want to add some? The more ludicrous, the better. Bonus points if it doesn't sound all that weird, but still highly unlikely :)
Sorry if i ask, but do we have any leak about a parasite eve remake?!