• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Registers A New Trademark For PlayStation Experience Event Also Known As PSX

hemo memo

Gold Member
I can't wait to hear about all the remakes and remasters

Lets not forget the cinematic third party action adventure games because we don't have enough of those!

And remakes of remasters and remasters of remakes maybe some of them will even be in VR!

So many generations to believe in that they keep releasing the same type of games over and over again

Creative bankruptcy under the guise of exclusive experiences at $70 dollars a pop

Only on PlayStation
Sad but true.

wenaldy

79os0Q.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Lets not forget the cinematic third party action adventure games because we don't have enough of those!

And remakes of remasters and remasters of remakes maybe some of them will even be in VR!

So many generations to believe in that they keep releasing the same type of games over and over again

Creative bankruptcy under the guise of exclusive experiences at $70 dollars a pop

Only on PlayStation
K-Pop GIF

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned

Only on PlayStation

I still can't understand how someone can hate so hard in life, like this. Like whoa!

Pejo

I'll be honest, I was at the PSX in San Francisco. It was a really fun time, got lots of free shit, met some developers, and the list of games being shown at the main conference was hype. I have the feeling that this new one is not going to be the same vibe.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Last edited:
Its why I dont post anything of real value here anymore nor does anyone that actually knows anything its all fanboy wars here anymore
It's nice to see you're still sticking around and I can't speak for the rest but I've always valued your contribution to this forum.

Sure you probably know some stuff but don't feel pressured to spill anything if you don't want to. I joke around a lot so don't take my post seriously.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Apologies if you misunderstood, the "bait" was in reference to 16, as in 16 days left till July 8th. Didn't mean anything personal by it.
It's nice to see you're still sticking around and I can't speak for the rest but I've always valued your contribution to this forum.

Sure you probably know some stuff but don't feel pressured to spill anything if you don't want to. I joke around a lot so don't take my post seriously.

Nahh I know you are a big jokester but its honestly why I dont share what little I know is the very fact I have let people down too many times.

When I do get a few things right one camp hates me because I didnt talk glowingly about their toy.

Lately for some reason people think I have been shitposting and still havent gotten the specifics on what I have said to rub these 4 people wrongly that even took to DMs.

I didnt mean to single you guys out just a ran more then anything.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Only on PlayStation
If people love these kinds of games (they clearly do) then what's the issue?

Nahh I know you are a big jokester but its honestly why I dont share what little I know is the very fact I have let people down too many times.

When I do get a few things right one camp hates me because I didnt talk glowingly about their toy.

Lately for some reason people think I have been shitposting and still havent gotten the specifics on what I have said to rub these 4 people wrongly that even took to DMs.

I didnt mean to single you guys out just a ran more then anything.
Yeah I saw that member asking you why you're shitposting and I remember thinking like 'What, Heisenberg is the last one to shitpost'.

Anyways ignore it if you can. You're a solid dude and its probably for the best you don't share stuff with us lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So I am guessing their summer event is probably not PSX since most shows still dont have public attendence. This is probably a December thing like the other PSX.

Kojima said that DS PS5 will be revealed in a few weeks back on June 10th. I wouldve expected Sony announce a date by now. Maybe next week? Really dislike this new Sony trend of announcing conferences just days before. Especially when they go and skip E3. the one constant thing we could rely on to get hyped. Now it's this bizarre Will They Wont They tension that leads to months of nothing from Sony.

Shocking how no one from the industry has called out Sony for skipping E3. I would understand if they had a conference around E3 time like they did last year, but we are week from the end of June and they practically didnt show up. The Silent Hill fiasco is also stupid. Just call up Sony or Kojima and ask them if they are associated with Hasan. If this is an ARG. Or some troll job. No idea wtf gaming media has been doing lately. Schrier is one journalists who seems to want to do his job, but he's also MIA just focusing on crunch and nothing else of substance.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
So I am guessing their summer event is probably not PSX since most shows still dont have public attendence. This is probably a December thing like the other PSX.

Kojima said that DS PS5 will be revealed in a few weeks back on June 10th. I wouldve expected Sony announce a date by now. Maybe next week? Really dislike this new Sony trend of announcing conferences just days before. Especially when they go and skip E3. the one constant thing we could rely on to get hyped. Now it's this bizarre Will They Wont They tension that leads to months of nothing from Sony.

Shocking how no one from the industry has called out Sony for skipping E3. I would understand if they had a conference around E3 time like they did last year, but we are week from the end of June and they practically didnt show up. The Silent Hill fiasco is also stupid. Just call up Sony or Kojima and ask them if they are associated with Hasan. If this is an ARG. Or some troll job. No idea wtf gaming media has been doing lately. Schrier is one journalists who seems to want to do his job, but he's also MIA just focusing on crunch and nothing else of substance.
There are multiple rumors for a July 8th event. If that is true, we can expect something to hear by July 1st (at the earliest) or July 5th (at the latest), based on Sony's recent history and trend.

Raekwon26

I don't get any of this tbh.

Sounds like unnecessary whining.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I don't get any of this tbh.

Sounds like unnecessary whining.
That's ok. It's probably a generational thing. I grew up with E3s as one consistent presence every year. An event where companies HAD to show up AND bring their A game or get roasted if they didnt. By both the gaming media and the gaming audience. Sony's E3 2006. MS E3 2013. Nintendo E3 2008. All legendary fuck ups. Now they dont even show up and that's considered ok. These kind of conferences are especially a big part of this industry since we pay up front for a product that is more of investment that pays off over time. So it's almost expected of first party manufacturers to show up every year in order to justify this investment.

Sony says they have 25 first party games in development. They should have an amazing show lined up. With at least a dozen games ready to show. Where are they? We sit here in late June with no idea when this conference will take place. We are taking out our frustration on insiders like Heisenberg instead of Sony for not being open enough and treating their conferences like the Pentagon Papers. We have Sony themselves telling us that 2 of their 3 2021 games have already been delayed and Horizon releasing in 2021 is no longer a certainty. So what's Sony's big game this holiday season?

I am like you. Just on the opposite spectrum. I dont understand any of this. We used to hold Sony to a higher standard than this. Everyone knows the 2001 holiday lineup of the PS2, but even the PS3's first year was packed with heavenly sword, Warhawk, R&C and Uncharted ending a year that started with Resistance and Motorstorm. With first party cross gen games becoming the norm, we are in a weird place where complacency and understanding from gamers has allowed first parties to become even more complacent.

Last edited:

Raekwon26

That's ok. It's probably a generational thing. I grew up with E3s as one consistent presence every year. An event where companies HAD to show up AND bring their A game or get roasted if they didnt. By both the gaming media and the gaming audience. Sony's E3 2006. MS E3 2013. Nintendo E3 2008. All legendary fuck ups. Now they dont even show up and that's considered ok. These kind of conferences are especially a big part of this industry since we pay up front for a product that is more of investment that pays off over time. So it's almost expected of first party manufacturers to show up every year in order to justify this investment.

Sony says they have 25 first party games in development. They should have an amazing show lined up. With at least a dozen games ready to show. Where are they? We sit here in late June with no idea when this conference will take place. We are taking out our frustration on insiders like Heisenberg instead of Sony for not being open enough and treating their conferences like the Pentagon Papers. We have Sony themselves telling us that 2 of their 3 2021 games have already been delayed and Horizon releasing in 2021 is no longer a certainty. So what's Sony's big game this holiday season?

I am like you. Just on the opposite spectrum. I dont understand any of this. We used to hold Sony to a higher standard than this. Everyone knows the 2001 holiday lineup of the PS2, but even the PS3's first year was packed with heavenly sword, Warhawk, R&C and Uncharted ending a year that started with Resistance and Motorstorm. With first party cross gen games becoming the norm, we are in a weird place where complacency and understanding from gamers has allowed first parties to become even more complacent.
I doubt it's a generational thing.

The bit about being roasted? That is NOT what E3 used to be about at all. It was NEVER about that. That is a new era thing where everyone seems to ADHD and need constant information 24/7 and if you ain't aying something then that was perceived as being "scared".

I don't get this need for this constant information flow. What difference does it make if you know now or in a week or 2 weeks etc? No one is taking out our frustration on anybody, you are just whining.

There is no higher standard to hold anybody to. In fact, if anything you are being incredibly spoilt. We have a company here that has delivered games after games every gen and because they haven't told us when they we have an event it is sign that they are not upholding a standard?

Seriously, get a grip Slimey. This is whining to the fullest amount.

SlimySnake

The bit about being roasted? That is NOT what E3 used to be about at all. It was NEVER about that. That is a new era thing where everyone seems to ADHD and need constant information 24/7 and if you ain't aying something then that was perceived as being "scared".
I gave you three examples and left out many more. Especially E3 2005 when Sony first fell from grace showing CG trailer after CG trailer and then having Jack Tretton lie about them being realtime.

We never used to give these companies a pass. And thats when they used to show up.

And no one is asking for 24/7 news. Their last big conference was in September. It's been 9 months. They have just missed a big industry event. Maybe it's time to at least announce something?

Raekwon26

I gave you three examples and left out many more. Especially E3 2005 when Sony first fell from grace showing CG trailer after CG trailer and then having Jack Tretton lie about them being realtime.

We never used to give these companies a pass. And thats when they used to show up.

And no one is asking for 24/7 news. Their last big conference was in September. It's been 9 months. They have just missed a big industry event. Maybe it's time to at least announce something?

You gave me 3 examples of what E3 BECAME, not what it used to be. 2006, 2013 and 2008 are much closer to the E3s we have now, not what we used to have. It was a damn trade show where it was more about showing what type of games were being developed between developers and bouncing different ideas of one another. The fans only got the information of what went down by reading the gaming magazines that came out at the end of the month.

Again, this pass nonsense. It's a new age thing. No one ever used to think E3 was about "Show us amazing things now or else". It was never about that. That's new age internet era bullshit.

They didn't "miss" a big industry event. They straight out said they weren't going to be in attendance. We've known this for months and the "big" event we just had was deemed as underwhelming, mediocre and boring.

Only on PlayStation
lol imagine being this mad at an objectively good company and console?

Last edited:

I don't get this need for this constant information flow. What difference does it make if you know now or in a week or 2 weeks etc? No one is taking out our frustration on anybody, you are just whining.

There is no higher standard to hold anybody to. In fact, if anything you are being incredibly spoilt. We have a company here that has delivered games after games every gen and because they haven't told us when they we have an event it is sign that they are not upholding a standard?

Seriously, get a grip Slimey. This is whining to the fullest amount.
Going to defend my friend snake some what, I agree with him on what E3 was, it was a one year event where everyone laid out on the table everything they were working on. These companies were fighting for our attention giving huge presentations, yeah there was a lot of crap but the entire spectacle of it all was so much fun. It didn’t matter that there were small announcements during the year cause we got most of the future laid out, we knew what was coming. Yes that lead to promises of delayed games, canceled games, that never bothered me.

This new trend that kind of started with Nintendo direct of only showing what’s coming in the next few months seem to be something a lot of people like, I do not. I have been a forum dweller for over 20 years, part of the fun for me is the hype, the anticipation, the theories, I want to know way way in advance that something I want is coming. Can you say that I want to be spoiled sure but it was that way it was. Also this industry is the weird one, movies are practically announced when a producer sets one up before even a director is hired. Studios reveal their slate of movies years in advance. This industry acts like games should be state secrets, game journalists have to leak info in the shadows as if the publisher enforcers are going to send them to prison. I find it ridiculous but hey this is what people apparently want now.

As for the higher standard, I don’t know if any of that matters. What we say in a forum means little to them. I would agree that a big company skipping out on e3 would have been a big flag for not having many upcoming announcements but in today’s marketing it can just mean these games aren’t ready to come out. He is 100% right if horizon is delayed and nothing is coming this year, consoles should have a steady flow of big first party games and should be criticized if they don’t. Are the games coming eventually, sure but there should be enough to if one falls off there are still others to fill the gaps.

You gave me 3 examples of what E3 BECAME, not what it used to be. 2006, 2013 and 2008 are much closer to the E3s we have now, not what we used to have. It was a damn trade show where it was more about showing what type of games were being developed between developers and bouncing different ideas of one another. The fans only got the information of what went down by reading the gaming magazines that came out at the end of the month.

Again, this pass nonsense. It's a new age thing. No one ever used to think E3 was about "Show us amazing things now or else". It was never about that. That's new age internet era bullshit.

They didn't "miss" a big industry event. They straight out said they weren't going to be in attendance. We've known this for months and the "big" event we just had was deemed as underwhelming, mediocre and boring.
E3 has been nothing for years now.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sony is very quiet huh? Their last big PS event was September 2020, almost ten months, before MS announced the Bethesda deal. Maybe that hit them hard. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom