• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Registers A New Trademark For PlayStation Experience Event Also Known As PSX

OrionNebula

PlayStation Italia Instagram account posted this earlier. It translates to, "Make yourself comfortable. It's about to begin."

Could be about the football game or an upcoming event.

mmUPJT9.png
I cannot be more tuned, so
drake lets go GIF

Already 🙂

nbkicker

Starting to think, seeing Ghosts announced outside of an event that the State of Play delay that was rumored is true.
Ive got a strange feeling the sony event is now gonna be last week of aug now, as this would of nicely filled in a slot in the presentation rather then more deathloop etc

yurinka

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 was this it? I expected slightly more.
It's pretty likely that we'll get a Sony event soon:
  • In the GoTDC blog post they mention more details about it coming in the next weeks (even if it releases in less than 2 months).
  • A guy who leaked this mentioned GoWR gameplay would be revealed soon in a Sony event.
  • The other guy who leaked it said Sony is buying Arc System Works (but this announcement fits better in EVO finals).
  • Bluepoint may or may not be recently acquired by Sony.
  • Death Stranding full reveal coming one of these weeks according to Geoff.
  • They still have to announce the CoD of this year.
  • Last year Capcom had planned Dragon's Dogma 2 and a new IP different than Pragmata for 2022 but wasn't at E3.
  • Dragon Quest XII wasn't at E3.
  • We're in H2 2021 and there's several exclusive H2 2021 AAA and cool indie games with no specific release date.
  • TLOU2 Factions has been under development for a while, they may show it soon.
  • Guerrilla's multiplatform game and Firewalk's game have been under development since 2018, they may show them soon.
  • Insomniac releases at least a game per year, so pretty likely they announce Spider-Man 2 for 2022.
  • Sony renewed the PlayStation Experience brand.
  • Several people 'rumored'/made his guess that there's an event coming July 8th or next month.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Honestly I expected this at the next show.

To me this hints at the event was delayed like some had said.

Still plenty of time for the July 8th event to happen but this dampens my spirits for it just a bit.
They're trying to load the event into the memory in the PS5's NVME SSD. Might be a while.

MiguelItUp

I am holding you 100% accountable if it doesn't show

Inb4 : "This doesn't count!", because This doesn't count doesn't count.

"This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon." 👀

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Man, this is disappointing... I don't think anyone wants to see one third of the entire presentation to be Deathloop.

(Nothing against the game, but we've already seen more than enough details/footage).

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

All the SoP events recently have been focused on specific games, with little else. PSX sounds like something different from a SoP. There's supposed to be something in August. Not sure if that is PSX, but this Thursday is certainly not the big show.

Top Bottom