• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Rewarding you for getting the Platinum now

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I know Sony has sent out emails to its players who achieve Platinum on their games

Like your % of #### players who have Platinumed "Insert Game Title here"
Almost a Thanks of sorts

Horizon Zero Dawn on the other hand, has been very nice to me

Gave me this first for getting Platinum:
JaV82sI.jpg

TExSNJ2.jpg

Then I think a day or two ago, I get this now:

Kind of cool, netting these free

Any other game from Sony do this?
Is this the start of rewarding players to chase 1st party Platinums to earn a theme and avatar exclusive to those who do earn the Platinum

ubiblu

Fairly certain Australians haven't been enjoying these bonuses. I'm still salty about the Bloodborne one.

CEJames

I didn't get the avatar email but I'll check again. And yeah, they've given platinum exclusive themes with Bloodborne and The Last Guardian as well. Uncharted 4 sent an email but didn't get anything.

It'd be super cool if they kept this up.

GraveRobberX

Ah so Bloodborne does have one, I remember some game had it before, but never got to Plat BB due to health issues, do have it in my backlog

Ushay

I don't think an email is the best idea, its nice though. The avatar is much cooler.

I quite like what MS does, by effectively giving you a wallpaper you can apply to your UI.

If this was a thing for every game from day one, I'd actually have incentive to get trophies. As it stands, I have no incentive.

EvB

I thought it was going to be something exciting.
Turns out it's only as exciting as a feature that the 360 did better last gen.

Almost as good as a cardboard birthday cake you have to print yourself.

WITHE1982

I got my Bloodborne Plat theme 2 days after getting the trophy. The Horizon one took around a week to come through.

Both lasted about 2 days as my main theme before I changed them. Nice things to have but aren't anything special.

GraveRobberX

Damn Uncharted 4 and TLG too?, those are in my backlog too lol

Catching up to GAF "played games" after being out for almost all of 2015 and half of 2016 really is hard to catch up!

Shahed

I never even got the Bloodborne one ages ago. Didn't get the email. In fact I've never got one for plat before

Gurish

That's really really cool, I wish they would do that for every big first party game it must feel satisfying to actually get rewarded for it, even if it's a small thing like a theme.

i believe it's only sony's 1st party stuff that got such emails..

i got an email when i first completed Bloodborne (something like 'congrats on surviving the hunt')

and got another email when i platinumed it (something like 'congrats on mastering the hunt' or something like that)

Dynasty

Should be a automated process. As soon as you get the Plat you should be able to download the theme from the PS4 store.

GraveRobberX

I don't really think ### of Platinums matter, cause I have 176 Platinums, with 10,571 Trophies at the moment, I've missed out on a lot of things marketing wise that Sony hands out and I've been with Sony since PlayStation Underground days

I didn't get the avatar email but I'll check again. And yeah, they've given platinum exclusive themes with Bloodborne and The Last Guardian as well. Uncharted 4 sent an email but didn't get anything.

It's be super cool if they kept this up.

Getting a platinum in TLG??? That sounds like a layer of hell only really bad people go to.

MikeBison

I'm pretty sure there was a cut off date for receiving the Bloodborne one for those of you who didn't receive it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Once I opted in for Playstation marketing emails I started getting these platinum congratulations notices.

Maybe this is why some don't get them, you haven't opted to receive offers/promo emails?

They still dole out Bloodborne as well -- I just got my Platinum trophy at last in (EDIT:)late March, got my email a few days later and now I have the Platinum Trophy theme for that game!

I will probably get this Horizon one once I finally get around to playing my copy again... Moved onto Breath of the Wild, and then onto Persona 5 (tried to squeeze in Nier Automata between the two as well, but failed), still on Persona...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nothing, as usual. I NEVER get these reward emails and shit. US only, or is this just some shit that doesn't work correctly?

Ban Puncher

Sony is going to give me free stuff for all those import only PS3 visual novels I Platinum'd by holding the X button down with a rubber band and going to bed?

Finally. Recognition.

Behlel

It's be super cool if they kept this up.
If you go on the avatar section of the store under the special ones you can find the aloy avatar but you have to redeem the code of your free theme.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
4 platinums and no email. I want my Bloodborne theme.

Scratch that.

It never occurred to me to do it before but I just searched for "Bloodborne" in Google Inbox and the unread, archived mail was there. I migrated from Gmail to Inbox years ago and in Gmail I had a filter setup to label and auto archive any messages from Playstation. With those settings I could still see I had messages next to the label in Gmail, they just wouldn't pile up in my inbox. It seems that renders them basically invisible in Inbox though. 409 unread messages.

It seems I got the theme email 2 days after getting the trophy.

Top Bottom