• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Santa Monica (God of War) is making a new IP 1st/3rd person shooter w/ vehicles

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to Globox_82 for noticing they put this back up.

People were wondering if this was StarHawk at one point, but it says unannounced, so...

Gamasutra said:
Senior Combat Designer

The Sony Santa Monica Studio is hiring for an unannounced new IP!

Experience Required:
-Experience working with, developing or designing for a 1st and/or 3rd person shooter genre a plus.
-Experience working with, developing or designing vehicle combat in a game also a plus.
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/JobSeekerX/ViewJob.asp?JobID=kryyH9R45A3aUGNpqKGk3Py5HfkR

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if it'll be for next gen. It would be cool to see what they're doing! Maybe it's what GOW3's director is doing.

sleepykyo

It's probably for the best that Sony is making more shooters. But I'd much prefer seeing SSM's take on SCEE's Primal or Medievil.

Card Boy

Banned
The last thing gamers need is another shooter. How about working on an RPG? HD console owners are staved for them when compared to last generation. Voting with my wallet on this one and avoiding. Last thing i need is another generic Sony shooter.

Madridy

Another Shooter? Ugh.

Sony desperately need an RPG IP in their line up. I hope we'll get one with the launch of PS4 with a High Production value just like Uncharted and GoW.

Its an original IP, couldn't care less what genre its in. Funny hearing everyone moan, you guys must play every shooter that comes out to be burnt out on the genre. I don't...pkus its a great developer.

KingK

ugh. Another shooter? I mean, it may end up being great, but I was really hoping for some kind of RPG or action game.

Sony doesn't have any first party RPG franchises, and I think they should try to remedy that.

ZoddGutts

Don't understand why Sony doesn't make their own WRPG, seeing how the Fables games sold well, even better than the Uncharted games did.

KAL2006

Banned
How old is this job listing. Couldn't it be just for Starhawk as Santa Monica helped develop that game. In fact it could be for a future shooter which Santa Monica does not entirely develop themselves. We have to remember Santa Monica is a large studio which helps out other Sony studios, so it may not be for the same GoW team.

i-Lo

HD towns are too hard!

How about for fucking Vita at least?

Argh, I got burnt out on straight up shooters a while back.

Imagine a RPG based on space sci-fi. ME was the only WRPG in that regard and the end of the endgame left a bad taste in my mouth (but the rest was very good).

Raonak

Banned
Another video game!? Jesus, they are milking it.
p6Gbq.gif

Lime

Thanks for reminding me why I dislike people :(

My statement is kind of simplified, though. I think it's a combination of the general public being conditioned to be satisfied with the same genre over and over again, but most importantly it's the risk of the financial investment which motivate the design decision to play it safe and release something they are 98% sure people will pay to play.

Personally, I really hate what big budgets have done to the creativeness in high-profile games. I have no idea how the big publishers and console developers find this to be good business.

Card Boy

Banned
How about for fucking Vita at least?

Argh, I got burnt out on straight up shooters a while back.

Imagine a RPG based on space sci-fi. ME was the only WRPG in that regard and the end of the endgame left a bad taste in my mouth (but the rest was very good).

I would kill for a Legend of Dragoon 2.

impact

Banned
My statement is kind of simplified, though. I think it's a combination of the general public being conditioned to be satisfied with the same genre over and over again, but most importantly it's the risk of the financial investment which motivate the design decision to play it safe and release something they are 98% sure people will pay to play.

Personally, I really hate what big budgets have done to the creativeness in high-profile games.

Sure worked well for SOCOM 4, Resistance 3 and MAG
hn9JV.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Personally, I really hate what big budgets have done to the creativeness in high-profile games. I have no idea how the big publishers and console developers find this to be good business.

If Sony's shooter IPs were massive AAA blockbuster success stories like Halo or CoD, I could see why they'd be pumping out shootan gaems. But the only one of their shooter IPs that has had any noticeable success this gen is Killzone AFAIK.

But that's JRPG. Wait, does Sony even have any other JRPG beside LoD?

Btw, whatever happened to Agency?

They have White Knight Chronicles, but not a single fuck was given. I think they own the Dark Cloud IP too.

Fezan

It's kind of a prerequisite that the game has to be good.

Or at least, receive a tonne of marketing.

Even with that quality MAG an online only new ip sold a million.

And why do santa monica do everything in so secrecy? we dont know what they are doing what tech they are using or what improvements they are making etc

Top Bottom