• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony seems to be blocking off IDs from accessing support

rawd

I got a refund for cancelling GTS. Wonder if I can still access support.

edit: took me into the chat okay, shrug

kmfdmpig

Such an awful anti-consumer policy for them to have. If they're going to put people in purgatory forever for refunding a game they helped hype up (NMS) then they should let people know ahead of time.

It's funny that they use "For the Gamers" while having policies that are quite clearly a big F you to their customers.

Karak

I sent an email to various gaming news personalities see if anyone cares to cover it or at least start research. I feel that someone like Jason from kotaku might say it's not worth doing an in depth investigation over since it's within their rights, but maybe another of the groups can address it as its still fairly scummy

I am a smaller channel but I will be covering this later in the week and I do have a couple much larger channels and personalities who follow that I will contact about it to see if they can retweet

I am a smaller channel but I will be covering this later in the week and I do have a couple much larger channels and personalities who follow that I will contact about it to see if they can retweet

Awesome man, you continue to be awesome haha.

I just want to know if there is an actual correlation (aka an actual possibility vs a series of weird coincidences). At least for the US.

Yup. Fuck Sony customer service. The worse I've ever experienced in my life. Not only was nobody ever helpful, they wre actually rude at the same time. Never buying anything from PSN ever again and never pre ordering off PSN ever again. Seriously. It was more pleasant dealing with my souless insurance claim people that it was with the Sony people. Shady fuckers over there.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Tried contacting Sony US, because I realized I bought the Dark Souls 3 season pass on the US store instead of the Japanese one and according to their support site, getting a refund for DLC for a game you don't own shouldn't be a big deal.

As expected, I'm getting an error when trying to contact them with my ID. Refunded NMS in the past. Contacted them multiple times in the past, no problems.
I'm going to try calling them tomorrow (about the refund, not the ban from chat).

Posted earlier in the thread and they told me the ban would be lifted in 48 hours just tried again today and I still can't access chat support with my main PSN

Edit: they banned my other account now. Fuck sony

Posted earlier in the thread and they told me the ban would be lifted in 48 hours just tried again today and I still can't access chat support with my main PSN

Edit: they banned my other account now. Fuck sony

lmao. 4 the players. The emails I sent to gaming news folks seem to have gone unnoticed amidst their millions of emails. it sucks but I appreciate the smaller sites/pages making something out of it. It's so scummy.

They said they weren't going to give me a refund. So I complained to the BBB who are taking their sweet fucking time. At this point I think I've made peace with playing Dishonored 2 on my PS4 instead of my PC. It sucks but hey that's life. That's the last non PS4 Exclusive I get from them.

I have 120 bucks in PS4 wallet from the no man's sky return and them apparently cancelling South park FbW so I'll just keep that money handy until the Last Guardian and another PS4 exclusive comes out. Last couple of digital games I'll get from them

I only read the first couple posts but this sounds like something they should be sued for. That's crazy.

Of course banning accounts for chargebacks also seems like something they should be sued for yet that practice obviously continues also.

It's garbage practices like this that will slowly help to dig their own graves. I will have a good laugh when it comes back around on them.

Flandy

I contacted Live Chat once or twice about a year ago. They didn't actually solve my problem but they did offer me a refund which I declined. I've been trying to get in touch with them for the past week but I've been given an error screen every time. Apparently just contacting them was enough to get me blocked from live chat.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yet another reason to switch to PC
Really dont think this should be a reason to switch platforms. I mean, you wont be able to play a lot of games in that case, both from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. Much better to fix this problem instead if they're really blocking people on purpose.

I only read the first couple posts but this sounds like something they should be sued for. That's crazy.

Of course banning accounts for chargebacks also seems like something they should be sued for yet that practice obviously continues also.

It's garbage practices like this that will slowly help to dig their own graves. I will have a good laugh when it comes back around on them.
Banning for charge back is understandable. They dont know why you're doing that, so i dont know on what grounds people can sue over that. Thats why you should contact them first and make them resolve the problem before doing a chargeback. Even if you do a chargeback, it should be possible to get your account back if you pay i think, so its not a permanent ban at least.

Also generally speaking, why do you need to sue over something like this. I mean, maybe its more of an american thing, but are the really no consumer organ that you can complain to and get help without having to resort to suing? At least to begin with.

Varth

Sorry for the necrobump, but is there any way to check if my account is banned without logging in?

I did contact them for resetting the password to my US account (email no longer active) and after a couple chat sessions that came to nothing (first they wanted the id of the console I created the account with, lol. A first gen fat PS3 long since dead), I started being unable to get to chat session (blue screen "service unavailable"). Since I've fumbled on a couple checks (I forgot never having used credit cards and such on the US account, but only prepaid credit for obvious reasons), I'm afraid I could have been mistaken for a crook trying to steal account.

@askplaystation only suggested clearing cache and cookies, and of course I cannot use phone support. Want my games back : (

Gxgear

You're rolling the dice everytime you deal with Sony customer service. Then again it's hard to feel bad for people that took advantage of what started as individual case adjustments that ended up leaking to the public.

TheYanger

You're rolling the dice everytime you deal with Sony customer service. Then again it's hard to feel bad for people that took advantage of what started as individual case adjustments that ended up leaking to the public.

Individual case adjustments that leaked to the public? Having customer support and handling errors isn't some arcane secret that people aren't supposed to realize they can have done, it's a part of doing business. Nobody is 'taking advantage' of anything by just contacting support, jesus.

So how come people still defend going all digital only now?
Because other companies don't have any of these problems, at all. That's like saying people should've universally stopped using cell phones when Note 7s started exploding.

Gxgear

Individual case adjustments that leaked to the public? Having customer support and handling errors isn't some arcane secret that people aren't supposed to realize they can have done, it's a part of doing business. Nobody is 'taking advantage' of anything by just contacting support, jesus.

It wasn't an error.

Top Bottom