• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony seems to be heading all-in on anti-consumer practices.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Look there are some legit concerns about Sony playing "mother knows best" with their content censorship there is nothing you can say to me that will change my mind on how their ecosystem has changed in this past year. But they aren't the worst company OP but yes they have become arrogant again.

Legit concerns

I still can't change my username but the beta people could.
I still can't use BT devices with my ps4 but I can with my Vita. It is something they can fix with a firmware update.
The store is still slow and shit even with my Ps4 Pro.
Their AAA games are cinematic and feel soulless. But I kinda get that I'm not their audience since I stopped caring about Uncharted like games years ago. They haven't taken risks in new IPs like they did in the past.

Fuck PSN anyway, last time I tried buying anything from there they kept subtracting the 1 dollar auth, and even though that was successful and they took my money it still came up with some "incorrect details" error. Fuckers took 10 dollars and I've got nothing to show for it.

Shmunter

Fuck PSN anyway, last time I tried buying anything from there they kept subtracting the 1 dollar auth, and even though that was successful and they took my money it still came up with some "incorrect details" error. Fuckers took 10 dollars and I've got nothing to show for it.
Haha, how annoying

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Buy digital cards through amazon.

Shagger

Banned
All I can say is with the exception of the reluctant attitude towards cross play and, likeable features we've seen on other platforms and, more indigenously, the low power capacity of the DS4's battery (that genuinely IS a largely unsung issue), Sony's PlayStation 4 has been my favourite platform this generation.

Yes, it lacks the power of a PC, the backwards compatibility and cross play features on XBox One and the portable flexibility of the Nintendo Switch, but it has something that I believe is vastly more important.

Games.

Brilliant, fun, quality, exclusive games that have ruled this generation. God of War, Gravity Rush 2, Spiderman, Uncharted 4 (thought it was a bit over rated, but still very good) THOU Remastered (I know it's a remaster, but still) and my personal favourite, Horizon Zero Dawn. These games were not only very good, but sold with good ethics when AAA publishers were typically more determined than ever to rip the pennies from people's hands.

I know allot of people hate exclusives, and I understand why, but I feel they are not only a good thing for the industry, but an essential thing for the industry as well and good for the consumer in the end. Maybe upon request I'll explain why, but that's for another topic.

The point is that Sony were and are not perfect by any means, but in my opinion delivered whare it mattered most and that's why the PS4 has been so successful.

Screw high quality games. Give me more pr promises and future tech wizardry/s

Screw future tech and go for yesterdays hardware. Screw interactive gaming and welcome "cinematic experiences". Screw 60fps, 30fps with dips is the new trend. Screw native resolutions, faux dynamic scaling below 1080p is the way the go.
Screw BC, pay again for your old games. Screw freedom, pay for online twice.

Seriously i hope arrogant sony will become.... less arrogant. Their like nvidia now. Results of market dominance i suppose.

Sparda

Banned
Screw future tech and go for yesterdays hardware. Screw interactive gaming and welcome "cinematic experiences". Screw 60fps, 30fps with dips is the new trend. Screw native resolutions, faux dynamic scaling below 1080p is the way the go.
Screw BC, pay again for your old games. Screw freedom, pay for online twice.

Seriously i hope arrogant sony will become.... less arrogant. Their like nvidia now. Results of market dominance i suppose.
Yeah let me pay for kinect and two console because the first iteration was unbeareble. Let me dowload 100+ giga for one game. Lets make only games as service in the future so i can milk my fanbase better. Screw kamiya i have halo forza and gears over and over...
That's not arrogant.

I don't really like Sony exclusives that much, but fuck, they're still better than current Microsoft. I wonder what will happen next gen, I bought an Xbox One expecting it to return to the glorious days of the 360, but no, it was a huge disappointment. I played mostly on PC this gen until the Switch came out. I would love to see a Sony as great as with the PS2 times but we all know that's not gonna happen.

OP was PlayStation fan for 20 years according to the OP. But then Stadia came along and made him realize he never owned a PS console in his life and was just pretending.

But my question is when did Sony start controlling Japanese release dates? I'm fairly certain that's not a thing but I may be wrong. Anyone? Anyone hear of this?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
OP was PlayStation fan for 20 years according to the OP. But then Stadia came along and made him realize he never owned a PS console in his life and was just pretending.

But my question is when did Sony start controlling Japanese release dates? I'm fairly certain that's not a thing but I may be wrong. Anyone? Anyone hear of this?

Its BS like the rest of his reasons. Don't waste your time.

Yeah let me pay for kinect and two console because the first iteration was unbeareble. Let me dowload 100+ giga for one game. Lets make only games as service in the future so i can milk my fanbase better. Screw kamiya i have halo forza and gears over and over...
That's not arrogant.

Completely agree with you there, its one of the reasons im mainly on PC.

Top Bottom