• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony sending out PS Plus extensions due to hurricanes

So I just received an e-mail from Sony extending my PS Plus membership by one month due to hurricanes. I personally live in Florida but wasn't effected by the storm. Not sure if this is based on location or what but as someone who's sub was gonna run out in two days, it's nice to have an extra month.

sinkfla87

So I just received an e-mail from Sony extending my PS Plus membership by one month due to hurricanes. I personally live in Florida but wasn't effected by the storm. Not sure if this is based on location or what but as someone who's sub was gonna run out in two days, it's nice to have an extra month.

Florida man here. I hope I get an extension as well lol.

Toni

Woah!

Orlando here. Irma hit us pretty bad and were without power for a week.

An extension would be a nice gesture from Sony.

leehom

Just got this too. Kinda funny after the Hurricane hit me months ago, but it's still appreciated.

Also received the Heart of Swarm expansion for SC2 from Blizzard for free today. Anyone else get this???

leehom

Burning question: How long does it extend your sub for?

Hi XXX,

We recognize many members of the PlayStation community have been affected by recent natural disasters. We have extended your current PlayStation™Plus membership by 1-Month.

If you have any issues, please call, chat, or tweet us at 1-800-345-7669, playstation.com, or @askplaystation.

Sincerely,
PlayStation Team

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Yeah, would be great to have an information like this mentioned in the other 1 or 2 times (1 month)

My browser WAS having some issues. I couldn't see half the posts, including OP (some kind of scrolling issue). Had to reinstall. If it looks like I skipped over OP, that's why.

But, hey. Thanks, I guess.

Hi XXX,

We recognize many members of the PlayStation community have been affected by recent natural disasters. We have extended your current PlayStation™Plus membership by 1-Month.

If you have any issues, please call, chat, or tweet us at 1-800-345-7669, playstation.com, or @askplaystation.

Sincerely,
PlayStation Team

Thank you too.

Zant532

From South Texas here and also received the extension. I'm guessing everyone in affected states are getting this?

Thanks... I got one. I live in Naples -- the eye went over my house!

It looks like it is an automatic extension. So, no need to enter a code!

Thanks Sony!!

Sincerely,
PlayStation Team

I'm from Puerto Rico and I appreciated the gesture Sony gave due to being a hurricane victim. I like that its a code and wasn't applied automatically because I haven't had power in over a month and will probably not have til 2018. So the month a of PS+ is sorta worth the gaming I have lost.

Top Bottom