• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony should give Toro more love

cafemomo

Don't you think so?
Toro may be the face of SCEJ but I wish Sony should take his toro-ness across the globe, and not only though cameos (SFxT, Sony Smash) in fighting games or some f2p labor simulator.

They can make a platformer game out of him imo. Toro looks way more adorable and more likely to catch the kids attention than some oragmi and a walking ball of yarn.

BTn-UI8CMAAM26d.jpg:large

Everyone loves Toro!

Skittles

Toro has a cutesy enough design to become somewhat big/recognizable in the west. Too bad sonny don't believe in him

Let's join forces and beg for both.
For sure. I love Sony's platformer/cartoon characters in general, they've got such great designs.

Yes. I even love Knack.

OT: Toro should get a game, you're right OP. It shouldn't be a platformer, though. It should be an old school but kid friendly JRPG about him going through his daily tasks with lots and lots of cameos from the characters above and others.

Don't you think so?
Toro may be the face of SCEJ but I wish Sony should take his toro-ness across the globe, and not only though cameos (SFxT, Sony Smash) in fighting games or some f2p labor simulator.

They can make a platformer game out of him imo. Toro looks way more adorable and more likely to catch the kids attention than some oragmi and a walking ball of yarn.

Everyone loves Toro!

Agreed. So, Toro is the face of SCEJ? Didn't know that.

SoulUnison

Banned
I don't think it goes with Sony American image at all.

Sony, to me, in 2014, seems to want to be all "sleek lines and cutting edge." "Toys for grown-ups."

A cartoon cat doesn't really play into that. If they wanted to bring him over the should have at the PS1, or during mid to late PS2.

forms

I have a kid around one and a half years old that is crazy for Toro. She went by a screen (we don't let her watch TV) where he was being shown in the app for some show, and the just went bonkers. Now it is enough to show her a picture of Toro, and she is all smiles.

Weird stuff. :D

McFadge

Picked him as my avatar for PSN way back when, had no idea who he was. Girlfriend came back from Japan and had coincidentally won me a Toro soft toy from a claw machine. I just use him for all my avatars now.

I still don't really know who he is. I know he's cameoed in some games and had that news app on the Vita.

I think he has a lot of untapped potential in the West, but I guess Sony see him as something intrinsically Japanese and thus unmarketable to us unworthy gaijin. It's a shame, because not only is he effortlessly charming but he's actually genuinely funny too. I imported the Chinese version of Toro! Let's Party - which includes English subtitles - about a year ago, and despite the wonky translation it's frequently amusing. It's quite fun to play as well, although it's essentially a mini-game collection so the quality varies. I'd recommend anyone who likes the character and wants to delve deeper into the Toro universe to seek out a copy.

Agreed. Give Toro his own proper game!

He has had his own proper game, lots of them. They just never make it outside of Japan.

I still miss my room from the news service thing that I used to use almost daily, despite not understanding a thing!

307E3044306B30613044306330573087-2009_9_2605_16_51copy_zpse9596574.jpeg

The PS3 game was pretty cool, in English too so safe to import :)

TOROLetsParty-2011_2_422_24_18_zps978f59f6.jpg

TOROLetsParty-2011_2_517_31_32_zps0497d2f1.jpg

I still miss my room from the news service thing that I used to use almost daily, despite not understanding a thing!

307E3044306B30613044306330573087-2009_9_2605_16_51copy_zpse9596574.jpeg

It was great collecting things. Even if no one else could see it, you just had a self satisfaction.
i hope they release something similar again, would be great with the screenshot function to show off.
it was way more entertaining then the virtual crap in HOME.

Sir TapTap

Obviously he's not in America because no one in America likes cats /s

No idea why he's jp only. "Too anime" maybe, not that that's not an awful reason

kuYuri

Agreed. Toro is adorable and the Mainichi Issho game thing was a nice distraction way back then, too bad it was Japanese only.

Maybe one day..

Top Bottom