• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony should have a good tech demo game for DualSense at launch

Jubenhimer

Last month, Sony revealed the PlayStaiton 5's new controller, the DualSense. In addition to the features introduced in the DualShock 4, It features Advanced Haptic Feedback for rumble in place of the old twin mechanical motors. Adaptive Triggers that change in resistance depending on the action, and a built-in microphone, which Sony says is useful for instant voice chat online.

All these fancy doo-dads and thing-a-ma-bobs mean nothing if there's no game to show what they can do. This is where Sony needs to step in and give us a launch title that can demonstrate the potential of its new controller. I'm think a Japan Studio game, since they seem to like using the PS controller features. We need a game that can show us how Haptics, Adaptive Triggers, Mic, and maybe the touchpad and motion can be used in conjunction with each other to create that "Only on PS5" experience the console will need at launch.

Last month, Sony revealed the PlayStaiton 5's new controller, the DualSense. In addition to the features introduced in the DualShock 4, It features Advanced Haptic Feedback for rumble in place of the old twin mechanical motors. Adaptive Triggers that change in resistance depending on the action, and a built-in microphone, which Sony says is useful for instant voice chat online.

All these fancy doo-dads and thing-a-ma-bobs mean nothing if there's no game to show what they can do. This is where Sony needs to step in and give us a launch title that can demonstrate the potential of its new controller. I'm think a Japan Studio game, since they seem to like using the PS controller features. We need a game that can show us how Haptics, Adaptive Triggers, Mic, and maybe the touchpad and motion can be used in conjunction with each other to create that "Only on PS5" experience the console will need at launch.

I keep saying that a new Wipeout game could really show off the haptic feedback and whatnot. Not sure what kind of game would be best to incorporate the mic other than team shooters

edit

for the triggers you could show how it works with TLOU2 or HZD2 and pulling the string of a bow

Last edited:
Top Bottom