• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Shuhei Yoshida Speaks on Death Stranding, Next Gen.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a recent video interview with Dengeki Online, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida spoke about Death Stranding, sharing his experience with Hideo Kojima’s next game.

He started by chatting about how much he played and how it still feels like the beginning of the game:

Shuhei Yoshida: In total I played around 10 hours from the beginning, but it still feels like it’s only starting. Other people were there and would try the game simultaneously, including Director Kojima, who showed me tons of ways to use Sam’s tools I didn’t think of myself.
Shuhei Yoshida also spoke on his impressions on Death Stranding‘s story:

Shuhei Yoshida: I’d compare the story to a really well done Netflix original series. It feels like I reached only half of that series, and there are still many possibilities for what could happen next. Also, I heard you’ll definitely cry when reaching the second half of the game. Kojima Productions’ staff told me this, and even the debuggers at Sony told me this as well.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Can't we have nie single player games without trilogy ambitions?
Years ago it wasn't an issue as each game would come year after year but with 5 games for each game in trilogy.... I am not happy waiting 15 years for God of War trilogy to finish

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Years ago it wasn't an issue as each game would come year after year but with 5 games for each game in trilogy.... I am not happy waiting 15 years for God of War trilogy to finish

I think he was just commenting on the basis of having played only the first 10 hours of the game, I mean he specifically references other people's reactions for late-game stuff because he hasn't seen it himself.

ethomaz

Banned
What trilogy? He is early in the game... he didn't even reached the second half.

Verdanth

Shuhei Yoshida: I’d compare the story to a really well done Netflix original series. It feels like I reached only half of that series, and there are still many possibilities for what could happen next. Also, I heard you’ll definitely cry when reaching the second half of the game. Kojima Productions’ staff told me this, and even the debuggers at Sony told me this as well.

Not sure if we will cry of emotion or because the game will really suck :messenger_loudly_crying:

vkbest

Where are you reading this is a trilogy? He is talking about his 10 first hours with the game..

CyberPanda

Banned
Interesting tidbit:

EGeze0pWwAItP7Y.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Bloodborne /ducks

Top Bottom