• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony stops shipments of PS Vita in the Netherlands

Caayn

Several stores in the Netherlands have been asked about the PS Vita, as a response to the low amount of units available lately. They all responded that the PS Vita isn't in stock and won't be in stock anytime soon. Bol.com, one of the biggest online retailers in the Netherlands, is currently the only store with stock left (a whole whopping two units) stated that the PS Vita is end-of-life.

When Tweakers asked Sony Benelux about this they responded with an evasive answer and they've "nothing to say" about the PS Vita.

Source: Tweakers.net (Warning, dutch article!)

Nokterian

Well that's the end by the looks of it..bought mine 2 years ago from now and i do not regret it. Still most impressive tech i ever had for a handheld even today.

Tenebrous

Bol.com, one of the biggest online retailers in the Netherlands, is currently the only store with stock left (a whole whopping two units) stated that the PS Vita is end-of-life.

They have enough units to see them through to the end of 2016 at least.

Well that's the end by the looks of it..bought mine 2 years ago from now and i do not regret it. Still most impressive tech i ever had for a handheld even today.

Yeah I snagged one at launch & it really did blow my mind. The 1000 is a beautiful piece of tech (not tried the 2000).

prateeko

Pour one out for the little homie.

Such a shame. It is such a fantastic piece of hardware. It would be wonderful if Sony opened it up for general development since I could see it being a wonderful platform for years to come what with the power, the screen, dual analog sticks, touch areas.....

::SOB::

mdubs

Banned
bdd1170f46dbf764c6732217d76cf00ecf5ce569ba156000a9dd41ff27692865.jpg

oti

Banned
TWIST

Skate 4 Vita Exclusive
PewDiePie army buys every single Vita
Prices skyrocket
Sony ships more Vitas

MQX

It was going to happen in the Benelux. Last year it was discovered that some retailers removed some of the Vita units on its webstore/stores. Some even removed the Vita section, so they won't sell Vita games anymore. And begin this year, it wasn't also easy to buy a brand new Vita Slim in (web-)stores. Even bol.com gave a stock delivery rate of "4-8 weeks".

I guess this is the beginning of the end. There's a high chance Sony has decided now to not make new units or restock the Vita when it's out of stock in multiple stores. And that this situation will also happen (soon) in other European countries(and maybe also in the US).

It's over ;_;

Ryan_MSF

Think Sony are really making a mistake with this. Release a new SKU with a standard slot for an SD memory card throw in a couple of games and they'd sell shit loads. The Vita could well make a comeback but Sony yet again giving up on something that's not an immediate success. Disappointing.

Moobabe

They're just diverting stock to the crazy markets now the popularity is surging!

Think Sony are really making a mistake with this. Release a new SKU with a standard slot for an SD memory card throw in a couple of games and they'd sell shit loads. The Vita could well make a comeback but Sony yet again giving up on something that's not an immediate success. Disappointing.

Still agree with this.

Vashetti

Banned
Both PS3 and Vita HW will likely be discontinued by year's end, if not early next year.

They can't be making much money if at all, time to move forward with one product that's actually make them bank: PS4.

No.

J-Skee

I should really look into buying a Vita before it's really over. I'm definitely buying Severed regardless to support exclusive Vita development.

UberTag

This news makes me want to purchase a 4th Vita.
I still have the other 3 and they all work just fine. But that neon orange model with the matte finish sounds sexy.

Magusx

Such a shame it was such a beast when it came out.
Wish there was more support from Square. Would have loved to see FFVI remake or new dissidia etc. Only a FFX remaster is a bit shallow imo:(

Vashetti

Banned
Thank you very much for that thought-provoking well argued post, NeoGAF is a better place for your presence in it.

Everyone who wants a Vita has one. Putting R&D into making a new Vita model is wasted money.

If people wanted a Vita, they'd deal with the memory card situation, adding an SD card is not going to change Vita's fortunes.

I say this as a Vita and PSTV owner.

I've been considering buying one recently (UK) and nowhere seems to be selling them. Most sites don't even have a Vita section anymore.

Amazon it's mostly Marketplace sellers. The only stock you can buy from them directly is massively overpriced.

Shame on Sony for letting it die off like this without comment.

Ryan_MSF

Such a shame it was such a beast when it came out.

On a technical level it still is, games on it still look incredible. Sony are just giving up on a great product, of which i'm convinced is their fault in the first place with it's propriety memory card BS.

Ryan_MSF

I've been considering buying one recently (UK) and nowhere seems to be selling them. Most sites don't even have a Vita section anymore.

Amazon it's mostly Marketplace sellers. The only stock you can buy from them directly is massively overpriced.

Shame on Sony for letting it die off like this without comment.

I don't know where abouts in the UK you are, but you can pick one up at Grainger Games for a fairly decent price, went in earlier this week to pick up Dark Souls 3 and they had both the OLED + new models for less than £110.

Thank god I bought one when I did, Canada has some stock, but they've been slowly disappearing after 2015. Especially considering I only wanted to buy a Vita if the Mega Man Legends series was up on PSN (oddly specific, yeah I know). The library is also really damn good. Digimon is the GOTY for the Vita, and there's some cool stuff like Gundam coming out for the West, and Odin Sphere.

Looks like the Vita is going to die a slow quiet death like the Saturn.

I'd rather Sony just come out and say, "We are stopping production, we have no plans for a successor handheld." Than all this mystery stuff.

And so the best handheld ever dies not as a hero, but as an irrelevant piece of tech for the mainstream consumer.

So long Vita (1000), you were truly the greatest.

Banned
Another reminder for everybody to stock up on Vita's while they have the chance. I grabbed my OLED before it was too late.

Have you?

Top Bottom