• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Submits Trademark For Arc the Lad

W2Y2O.gif

Wow if this turns into an actual game, that could be amazing

I think there's a serious internal push from Sony to try and get back to their roots

Are we at the point with Sony where average games become good because of nostalgia? I'd take Legend of Dragoon or Wild Arms or Dark cloud reboots before Arc the Lad. Demons Souls above all

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, could be very interesting.

Though I hope it doesn't mirror the artstyle of the later games in the series. I did not care for the designs of the PS2 games at all.

Holy shit. No way. Arc the Lad II is probably my favorite RPG of all time.

Give it to me!

Are we at the point with Sony where average games become good because of nostalgia? I'd take Legend of Dragoon or Wild Arms or Dark cloud reboots before Arc the Lad. Demons Souls above all
All good games, but I'd take Arc the Lad over them any day.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice! Hope they do it justice this time around, since they kinda killed off the series in a bad way before with the last game...

Steel

Banned
Hopefully it's a complete reboot not a sequel. Completely missed this series, was it any good?

Edit:

I'd take a legend of the dragoon remake if they're thinking about it...

Darryl

Banned

seriously, there are dozens of old critically acclaimed RPGs that deserve reboots. arc the lad is one of the worst choices possible. i've played them all and enjoyed them when i was a kid but they were average at best, leaning towards mediocre.

Slime

Banned
The last couple titles in the series don't exactly inspire much confidence, but if they can turn it around, I wouldn't complain. It's not the greatest series, but I enjoyed the second one quite a bit.

Would rather see this revived than Legend of Dragoon, anyway...

HORRORSHØW

seriously, there are dozens of old critically acclaimed RPGs that deserve reboots. arc the lad is one of the worst choices possible. i've played them all and enjoyed them when i was a kid but they were average at best, leaning towards mediocre.
I think mediocre titles are the best candidates for reboots because they offer a chance to be successful and redeem the IP/franchise, whereas critically acclaimed titles have a higher chance to disappoint due to not living up to nostalgia/expectations.

Elvick

Banned
I'd prefer Wild Arms being done. I mean, it managed to hit PSP. Even got an anime! Which I personally loved, though it had nothing to do with the games (which I thought was good, lest you have a Xenosaga anime situation... ugg)

Wild Arms. I need it.

I'd say Legend of Dragoon as well, but I want that so bad that I don't want to disappoint myself.

Either way, if this is true, it's great. I'd love to see Sony start to make JRPGs again, or fund them. As long as they don't tank on this and give up without a fight... or if they get stuck in Japan. :\

Daouzin

Arc the Lad games seem to be hit or miss for me, but I'm still super excited to hear this.

More SRPGs and JRPGs are a good thing in my book.

Steel

Banned
Grimløck;91600474 said:
I think mediocre titles are the best candidates for reboots because they offer a chance to be successful and redeem the IP/franchise, whereas critically acclaimed titles have a higher chance to disappoint due to not living up to nostalgia/expectations.

You have a point considering Killer Instinct's apparent success.

Grimløck;91600474 said:

This is how I feel about Syphon Filter. :)

Soriku

I'd prefer Wild Arms being done. I mean, it managed to hit PSP. Even got an anime! Which I personally loved, though it had nothing to do with the games (which I thought was good, lest you have a Xenosaga anime situation... ugg)

Wild Arms. I need it.

I'd say Legend of Dragoon as well, but I want that so bad that I don't want to disappoint myself.

Either way, if this is true, it's great. I'd love to see Sony start to make JRPGs again, or fund them. As long as they don't tank on this and give up without a fight... or if they get stuck in Japan. :\

I need Wild Arms 6 for PS3/PS4 in my life.

The WA creator left Media.Vision though. That shouldn't stop them from making a new one, but...

I'd much prefer a Legend of Dragoon revival than Arc the Lad.

The original wasn't particularly good, but I think it's the coolest of Sony's RPG IPs, and it has the best potential to be successfully revived.

Neat. Twilight of the Spirits was solid. Even if the series was never top tier, just the idea of a JRPG in a known series on PS4 is exciting!

Bishop89

Havnt played arc the lad series before, are they good?

I think there is one on the vita store if im not mistaken (ps1)

Nevertheless, more jrpgs is good..

and first party jrpg could be interesting.

synce

So this is really from sony and not someone with too much free time like the Shenmue 3 hoax and everything else?

Top Bottom