• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony suspends all PlayStation sales in Russia over Ukraine war

Mozza

Good. Hopefully all these sanctions and these companies pulling out of Russia will turn the Russian people against Putin.
Far more nuance then just purely good vs evil, a very complex matter with many things to consider, of course the media want's to paint it as a simple good vs bad scenario, but in reality things are far more complex.

One thing we all agree on is it's not right to kill innocent people, but this has happened in every major conflict perpetrated by the U.S and it's allies too, never too sure weather they did eventually find all those weapons of mass destruction. ;)

I watched this and it presents a more rational take on matters, surprised it's not been taken down to be honest.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Far more nuance then just purely good vs evil, a very complex matter with many things to consider, of course the media want's to paint it as a simple good vs bad scenario, but in reality things are far more complex.

One thing we all agree on is it's not right to kill innocent people, but this has happened in every major conflict perpetrated by the U.S and it's allies too, never too sure weather they did eventually find all those weapons of mass destruction. ;)

I watched this and it presents a more rational take on matters, surprised it's not been taken down to be honest.

I'll watch that later.

The concept of good or evil isn't always clear, but I think we can all agree it was wrong for Russia to invade Ukraine. We can also agree that it's evil to bomb a children's hospital. In which case, Russia are clearly in the wrong here.

Mozza

I'll watch that later.

The concept of good or evil isn't always clear, but I think we can all agree it was wrong for Russia to invade Ukraine. We can also agree that it's evil to bomb a children's hospital. In which case, Russia are clearly in the wrong here.
Like I said, nobody can condone the loss of innocent lives in any conflict, but rarely are these places like hospitals targeted on purpose, or in that case you would have to hold both the U.S and it's allies in account for war crimes too, my issue is you can't simply ignore the role of the U.S in all of this, and stating Russia and Putin as evil is to simplistic an argument.

But totally agree on your main point.

Last edited:

B D Joe

Hating on 145 million ordinary russians and wishing them ill for the actions of their government is probably one of the dumbest things ever. Im guessing most people who have that opinion are 12 years old or something.

Its scary how easily people are manipulated into blind hatred and not just the russians but well we've all witnessed the past few years. 😪

CeeJay

This sets a good precedent though. The next time Israel fucks Gaza, things might be different.

Who knows these fuckers might even grow a backbone against china.
Sanctions against China? Western products ceasing sales in China?

You do realise that most of the stuff we get in the West is made in China right? Economic and trade sanctions against China would mean that a huge amount of products including most electronic goods would disappear from Western store shelves. China also own a massive stake in many of the wests largest companies along with financial and education institutions. Sanctions against China would affect the rest of the world equally as much as it would affect China.

Amiga

Good luck emulating PS5 games.
Playstation games now launch on the PC eventually.

Lost me at Palestine. Let’s not pretend Palestine doesnt allow Hamas to launch missiles into Israel, support families of people who kill Israeli soldiers, use people to protect their missiles, threaten journalists, organize ways to lie and gain sympathy when they hurt others, have schools that teach that Jews and Israelis are the enemy, etc.
West Bank has the majority of Palestinians and Hamas has no power there.

Ignoring Uyghur ignoring Palestine ignoring all those wars US launched in the middle east under similarly stupid pretense.

So hypocritical.

I hate what Russia is doing as well. The response from all these corporations is just highly hypocritical and they are all jumping in on the social brownie points at minimal financial cost.

There's always a few on GAF that just want to sit by and watch Russia/Putin murder millions of people, invade countries at will and call anyone against that "social brownie points." are these the Russian trolls I hear about or have these people truly been sucked into Russian Propaganda.

Go on then..... Tell us your plan that doesn't involve putting boots on the ground, getting them killed and doesn't start a war in Europe and involve nuclear weapons.

I'm waiting to hear this amazing plan of yours.... Do tell

Last edited:

Allandor

Hating on 145 million ordinary russians and wishing them ill for the actions of their government is probably one of the dumbest things ever. Im guessing most people who have that opinion are 12 years old or something.

Its scary how easily people are manipulated into blind hatred and not just the russians but well we've all witnessed the past few years. 😪
I guess, most people won't hate russian people (there are always some that will hate anybody). The sanctions aren't there to penalize russian people but to penalize the russian government. Problem is, if those companies still support the people, they indirectly support the regime. Only russian people can put an end to this madness.
But the real problem is, Putin burned the economical interests for westeron companies for years to the ground. The western countries already watched more or less without a real response how Putin took the Krim and there were no real consequences. Now even Switzerland gave up neutrality (they were even neutral in WWII).

Mozza

I will repeat. Untill EU banned Russian oil and doing something with Russians oligarchs money nothing will change. Only ordinary Russians will suffers. EU should do something.
Or until western governments stop pushing their own business interests in these countries, under the guise of promoting democracy, these kinds of conflicts are inevitable. ;)

soulbait

Can't take any of these companies serious when they are ignoring the Uyghur internment camps in China.

I get what you are saying, but what is happening in Ukraine is beyond a humanitarian issue, it is a direct threats to nation allies. Don't get me wrong, the shit that China is doing is awful. The shit that Israel does in Palestine is awful. And yes, the US has an awful track record as well. However, these actions have not been threats towards allies or "friends of allies".

Mozza

I get what you are saying, but what is happening in Ukraine is beyond a humanitarian issue, it is a direct threats to nation allies. Don't get me wrong, the shit that China is doing is awful. The shit that Israel does in Palestine is awful. And yes, the US has an awful track record as well. However, these actions have not been threats towards allies or "friends of allies".
And all the other worldwide conflicts that have been going on for years too, and that's before we consider Eastern Ukraine has been at war for the last 8 years or so.

Top Bottom