• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

camac002

I think a lot of people want every game to be lit up like its noon on a bright summer's day.

I get that people might prefer that look artistically. Maybe they should have kept the ceremonial uniforms. But how a change in brightness levels = technical downgrade I don't know. People were saying the same thing about those night races in Driveclub. Then they showed the daytime stuff and people were blown away.

How hard is it to understand that apparent visual detail can be lost in different conditions? Do you walk around blind in the real world?

Pinktaco

Embarrassing and pathetic.

Perhaps, but I find stalking and digging through other people's post history to be somewhat odd too. The guy clearly talks shit, but I would never care so much about it that I had to looks through hundreds of posts or whatever number people entertain themselves with.

That's just me though :)

Karl Hawk

Banned
Perhaps, but I find stalking and digging through other people's post history to be somewhat odd too. The guy clearly talks shit, but I would never care so much about it that I had to looks through hundreds of posts or whatever number people entertain themselves with.

It does make for a good laugh once in a while, though. =)

Dennis

Banned
TheOrderComparison2.jpg~original

Before post-processing looks better.

Embarrassing and pathetic.
Embarrasing and pathetic is the guy who spends upwards of an hour of his precious free time digging through someone's post history in some shortsighted effort to make a point, while ignoring the talking points of the original debate at hand.

I think a lot of people want every game to be lit up like its noon on a bright summer's day.
That gun should still be reflecting some kind of light. It's an odd abnormality. And yes, based on those 2 shots he posted, it appears to be a downgrade. That's all we have to compare until this high quality footage is released.

I'm not sure how you can look at that dude there on the ground and think "nope no downgrade". Their "replacement clothes" also look less impressive, just in terms of general texture quality.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Game seems pretty boring mechanicaly but hopefully E3 reveals a bit more. Graphics are obviously insane.

Exactly. Seems the clips chosen for show have been weird. Normally you see a sizzle reel with some great set pieces using rapid fire cuts, but these are super regular gameplay clips with no context. From the looks of it, early parts of the game.
The visuals are insane though. I thought it was a CG movie in the video but then it turned into gameplay immediately. Videogames have come a long way. No matter which machine you own, we are in for a treat.

Apathy

And the validity of anything he will ever have to say in any thread instantly destroyed. Nicely done.

Back on topic, the people that say the outfit was a downgrade are the same people that do not bother reading anything about a game and just want to come in here and complain, specially when a few pages back we got the answer from the developers. And no, combat outfits should not be full of reflective material like shiny metal, the new outfits fit the scenario better.

nib95

Banned

There's just several posters I see ragging on certain platform games so consistently and blatantly that's it's not difficult to remember them, or go through a few pages of their post history to reaffirm that memory.

All this downgrade talk. We had it with InFamous, Shadow Fall and now The Order, and it's largely just a load of rubbish and/or trolling.

You could say that you prefer the art style of the older build. That's totally fair and even understandable, but don't claim downgrade when lighting, shadowing, motion blur, post processing etc have all been improved. Just makes you look silly.

Raist

Banned
TheOrderComparison2.jpg~original

Before post-processing looks better.

I dunno man. This kind of image composition is what I'd expect for, like, a movie about Jack the Ripper or Sherlock Holmes. Something very muted, foggy and grey-blue-ish tones. I can see why some people would prefer more colours, though.
Lighting looks a lot improved too.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You could say that you prefer the art style of the older build. That's totally fair and even understandable, but don't claim downgrade when lighting, shadowing, motion blur, post processing etc have all been improved. Just makes you look silly.
Artist inspired changes that have the same or higher computational cost will forever be labeled as downgrades by people that have no clue. It's just the world we live in.

Guymelef

Embarrasing and pathetic is the guy who spends upwards of an hour of his precious free time digging through someone's post history in some shortsighted effort to make a point, while ignoring the talking points of the original debate at hand.

An hour? you are trying too hard and a quick look at your post history and open any Sony related thread gives a quick answer.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm not sure how you can look at that dude there on the ground and think "nope no downgrade". Their "replacement clothes" also look less impressive, just in terms of general texture quality.

I'm not seeing it.

to1886_wch_square_05_qhuf2.jpg

comparison1fuupc.png

Specifically the scarf / turtle neck or whatever in the 2nd picture.

I honestly am curious as to why this game has such a large amount of shit posts in its threads? It didnt seem to be this bad in the Killzone and Infamous threads? I mean come on, people are claiming downgrade over things like buttons and a change of outfit for the characters lol smh.

EDIT: And lol @ Loch Doun, I will remember your name haha

Pinktaco

There's just several posters I see ragging on certain platform games so consistently and blatantly that's it's not difficult to remember them, or go through a few pages of their post history to reaffirm that memory.

All this downgrade talk. We had it with InFamous, Shadow Fall and now The Order, and it's largely just a load of rubbish and/or trolling.

And that's completely fair, personally I wouldn't bother :)

nib95

Banned
I honestly am curious as to why this game has such a large amount of shit posts in its threads? It didnt seem to be this bad in the Killzone and Infamous threads? I mean come on, people are claiming downgrade over things like buttons and a change of outfit for the characters lol smh.

Concern trolling...concern trolling everywhere lol. Guess it being a big Sony exclusive at a weird time in the console generation (transition of platform sales leads and mind share in certain countries) is causing some excess nit pickery or something. I don't even know any more.

Been a goldmine in this thread. Change of clothes and improved graphics = downgrade, short 3 minute video means the whole game will be based in corridor or similar locations only, and with similar gameplay only, aspect ratio definitely for a graphics resource consideration and not an artistic decision, and whoever decided it needs to be banned from gaming, black bars cause screen burn, this aspect ratio lessons image quality etc etc.

Bloodrage

Banned

Stalking? These posts are public. Not like Nibs had to bypass Loch's account information to find the shit posts he makes in every PS exclusive thread. Fanboy wars are very alive and real.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Been a goldmine in this thread. Change of clothes and improved graphics = downgrade, short 3 minute video means the whole game will be based in corridor or similar locations only, and with similar gameplay only, aspect ratio definitely for a graphics resource consideration and not an artistic decision, and whoever decided it needs to be banned from gaming, black bars cause screen burn, this aspect ratio lessons image quality etc etc.
Be careful not to lump everyone in the same group though.

I think the game is absolutely visually impressive and to call it downgraded is the epitome of ignorance, but the part where they are making a third person cover based shooter is such a huge bummer.

Also that Sony is bad at showing off their games is getting more and more established over the last few months. ;-)

JP

I'm still struggling to understand the issues that a minority of people are having with the new stuff in comparison to the old stuff. People are correct to criticise the quality of the video that was used because it doesn't help but apart from being less "clean" and adding what appears to be quite a few new effects I'm genuinely not understanding the problems that a few people are having.

I think it's a shame that the uniforms have changed in these sections in the videos purely because I liked how they looked even though the newer ones probably make more sense in terms of what is happening in the game. Although they make less sense It would be nice to have had the fancier stuff throughout for me but it's a stylistic change and the others still survive where they're more appropriate.

Some live gameplay and proper videos at E3 should sort the problems that some are having when it comes to the downgrade that a few are claiming. When it comes to the gameplay there just hasn't been enough to make any real judgements on how good it's going to be to play the game. Hopefully E3 will help their too.

vpance

Don't remember about KZ but Infamous was pretty immune because of the undeniably amazing looking visuals. Almost every screen they released was hard to nitpick. Everything was sharp, shiny, colorful with reflections everywhere, basically the most obvious way of making a game look good to your average person. There was barely anything a shit poster could focus on. Well, except the douchiness of Delsin I guess :)

Lemondish

I get that people might prefer that look artistically. Maybe they should have kept the ceremonial uniforms. But how a change in brightness levels = technical downgrade I don't know. People were saying the same thing about those night races in Driveclub. Then they showed the daytime stuff and people were blown away.

How hard is it to understand that apparent visual detail can be lost in different conditions? Do you walk around blind in the real world?

Noon? I thought dat next gen fell only came from it raining at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom