• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Sony TGS Flopference Thread

CharminUltra

Member
Mar 26, 2006
13,596
6
1,285
rykomatsu said:








o_O
 

Nakazato

Member
Dec 1, 2007
15,718
0
0
rykomatsu said:


http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/2926355322_f701230f8b.jpg[/img]

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/2926354894_f813897e02.jpg[/img]

]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/2925501349_ba26ddf721.jpg[/img]

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/2926354512_39bbec43f4.jpg[/img]
RE-FUCKING CONFIRMED GOTY
 

Liabe Brave

Member
Jan 23, 2007
4,509
3
1,140
Lawrenceville, GA
makingmusic476 said:
:lol @ the caption.

"PS3 gets a taste of Japanese gang life. Exclusive to the PlayStation 3 (at least for now), Yakuza 3 moves the series' setting back in time to the early 1600s' Edo period. Developed and published by Sega."
They clearly just cut-and-pasted a description of Yakuza Kenzan, likely from elsewhere on their site. Everybody called that game Yakuza 3, until this actual part three was announced.
 

rykomatsu

Member
Jan 2, 2008
5,228
1,598
1,525
leehom said:
Wasn't Yakuza 3 released in Japan over a year ago? I remember playing the demo with my Japanese account....

So why is it WOW? when it's sorta old?

That was Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan
It wasn't a sequel, per se (ie. not Yakuza 3)...took place during the Edo period

Ryu ga Gotoku 3 is the sucessor to Yakuza 2
 

Replicant

Member
Mar 20, 2007
28,348
0
0
leehom said:
Wasn't Yakuza 3 released in Japan over a year ago? I remember playing the demo with my Japanese account....

So why is it WOW? when it's sorta old?


No. That's Ryuu ga Gotoku: Kenzan! This is Ryuu ga Gotoku 3

Edit: damn, beaten.
 
Mar 27, 2008
18,346
292
1,455
Buffalo
goo.gl
leehom said:
Wasn't Yakuza 3 released in Japan over a year ago? I remember playing the demo with my Japanese account....

So why is it WOW? when it's sorta old?

No that was KENZAN. This is Yakuza 3, proper. Not released yet still in development. That's why WOW...

EDIT: Beaten~!
 

leehom

Member
Sep 1, 2006
2,639
1
0
Liabe Brave said:
They clearly just cut-and-pasted a description of Yakuza Kenzan, likely from elsewhere on their site. Everybody called that game Yakuza 3, until this actual part three was announced.
ahh got it, thanks. WOW YAKUZA 3, instant buy!!
 

Callibretto

Member
Nov 9, 2007
14,285
0
1,165
well, Snake and Sephiroth costume kinda show that Sony is keeping close relationship with Konami and Square because I'm pretty Sony is the one who come up with that idea, not Konami or Squenix.

that said, come on Sony, give me Kiryu Kazuma skin with the grey suit. you owe Sega at least that much with RGG and Valkyria Chronicles exclusive to ps3.

and bring more of your first party franchise into it Sony, not just Kratos and Nariko, those are cool, but I want more. Jak and Ratchet skin complete with Daxter and Clank doll as their accessories.
Ico with Yorda doll or vice versa. etc etc
 

Replicant

Member
Mar 20, 2007
28,348
0
0
Callibretto said:
that said, come on Sony, give me Kiryu Kazuma skin with the grey suit. you owe Sega at least that much with RGG and Valkyria Chronicles exclusive to ps3.

and bring more of your first party franchise into it Sony, not just Kratos and Nariko, those are cool, but I want more. Jak and Ratchet skin complete with Daxter and Clank doll as their accessories.
Ico with Yorda doll or vice versa. etc etc


WORDy McWord. Since he's your 1st party character, could you please make a Howard Wright (Siren: NT) Sackboy please? Complete with shovel to bludgeon Shibito, chest wound, etc.
 

Shadow780

Member
Aug 3, 2007
19,432
0
0
NYC
So is the conference all day long where they announce stuffs along the way? Or it's over? Or it's a condense 1 hour-ish event at night?
 

patsu

Member
Jun 19, 2005
10,336
10
1,455
Yakuza 3 looks like a movie.

If you can, skip the Kotaku Booth Babe post. One of the "babes" scared me senseless. I am fully awake now.