• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony trademark snooping (ND's game..?)

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
100353_0059-lg.jpg

Too much blur for reality.
Indifferent2.gif

wazoo

Jak and Daxter was one of the first game to show what the ps2 could do, whereas other devs were still trying to read the docs.

If the ND game does not show this gap, the ps3 will have a bad year

Busty

Banned
Wollan said:

I have a non sexual man crush on Sawyer.... off topic I know. But I had to just get it out there.

Whatever happened to that Jak and Daxter title that was also registered last year? Jak and Daxter: The Final Frontier, IIRC? The despcription given made it sould like an MMO.

I was under the impression that Naughty Dog really only under took one project at a time, so does that mean that someone else is developing this new Jak and Daxter title?

Could it be someone like Impact or even Ready At Dawn? Though surely neither studio would be big enough for such a mamoth undertaking. Unless Naughty Dog are doing both concurrently, like Insomniac did with Resistance and Ratchett and Clank PS3.

Wollan

Dual projects seem more and more common with developers working on next gen platforms (especially with the thorough ones).

I love games with deep story, that aren't just dropped at anyone. When you play a game, and notice that someone from a book you read appeared in it, in a totally different story - that's an awesome feeling. That game will rock.

Just watched the trailer again, that game is so much awesomeness. So basically the guy goes to find a treasure, but some bandits are doing their dirty work on the island, and his quest merges with trying to stay alive? SO AWESOME! Ratchet and Clank, Naughty Dog's game, too much info for me, and I have to go to work in 2 hours ;(.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
I love games with deep story, that aren't just dropped at anyone. When you play a game, and notice that someone from a book you read appeared in it, in a totally different story - that's an awesome feeling. That game will rock.

Just watched the trailer again, that game is so much awesomeness. So basically the guy goes to find a treasure, but some bandits are doing their dirty work on the island, and his quest merges with trying to stay alive? SO AWESOME! Ratchet and Clank, Naughty Dog's game, too much info for me, and I have to go to work in 2 hours ;(.

They should put the trailer on PSN, what a nice trailer.
Indifferent2.gif

Busty

Banned
theBishop said:
Sony you mean? Lets wait and see what they are actually doing before we pass judgment.

I assume he meant pspfanboy's interpretation of the BEATS trademark description, which I would agree with. It sounds like more of a wide reaching service, perhaps an iTunes/Youtube hybrid to me for music, video and actual footage of gameplay for PS3 and PSP.

Also, not sure if I remember this correctly, but didn't someone uncover another Sony trademark that was registered a while ago called 'FUSION' for a similar service?

I may have my wires crossed with something else but I think that may have been the case. A little help?

theBishop

Banned
Busty said:
I assume he meant pspfanboy's interpretation of the BEATS trademark description, which I would agree with. It sounds like more of a wide reaching service, perhaps an iTunes/Youtube hybrid to me for music, video and actual footage of gameplay for PS3 and PSP.

Also, not sure if I remember this correctly, but didn't someone uncover another Sony trademark that was registered a while ago called 'FUSION' for a similar service?

I may have my wires crossed with something else but I think that may have been the case. A little help?

Yeah, I agree. This description has echoes of the early descriptions of what Sony did with Home, except media-based on the PSP.

That being said, whatever it is, i hope it has actual gameplay features. If they could make a rhythm game along the lines of Elite Beat Agents, but using custom songs, that would be pretty cool. I'm really pissed that Traxion was cancelled, so I'd love to see someone deliver on that premise.

Baryn

Banned
Kittonwy said:
If anything, they DO get the need to provide PSP with good content without having to rely on Q-Ent to keep releasing Lumines over and over.
Nothing personal, but I was banned for a comment just like this.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Bhav said:
It's definitely called Eye3...the official UK PS3 site mentions it quite a few times.
Went to check it out, and you're right. The next Eyetoy is definately called Eye3.

Singstar page:
http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item50977/SingStar/
Best of all, you can rocket to fame by sharing your best performances with friends and the SingStar community. Upload videos and photos captured via the Eye3™ Camera and relive your diva performances and raucous parties or save performances on Memory Stick Duo for playback on your PSP (PlayStation Portable).

-

My SingStar online community allows users to upload and share audio feedback, Eye3™ Camera performances, Eye3™ Camera Snapshots and Scores

Interesting they already mention it on the official site without an official PR announcment for the actual hardware yet.

Top Bottom