• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony trademarks 'Sixaxis'; likely new controller name

Busty

Banned
Sony seems to act like the cool kids at school. They have a product that isn;t quite up to scratch compared with the other stuff that's out there so they come up with a cool name and market the hell out of it.

So we have a repeat of their 'Third Place' campaign here in europe alongside the Champions League and everyone's biting their hand off trying to get one without fully knowing what it is...

To take my 'cool kids at school' comparison to it's logical conclusion we see Sony many years later, bald and overweight serving at a petrol/gas station. We drive away in smug satisfaction.

Part of me really wants to see an overweight Kaz Harai shouting 'Riddddgggee Racccer' at passing cars while sipping on fortified wine... while part of me doesn't.

Grayman

Bearillusion said:
Why do controllers need a name. Have you ever said 'pass me the controller s type and let's play some Halo'?
so we can argue about which one sucks on gaf.

gen, ps1, xbox, gamecube all had multiple official controllers
3/6 button
normal/ds
crate/s-crate
normal/wavebird

Busty said:
Sony seems to act like the cool kids at school. They have a product that isn;t quite up to scratch compared with the other stuff that's out there so they come up with a cool name and market the hell out of it.

I've got nothing.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Bearillusion said:
Why do controllers need a name. Have you ever said 'pass me the controller s type and let's play some Halo'?
to identify it from other controllers?
"let me use the logitech, you use the dualshock...
bitch
"

of course some controllers make a name for themselves...
lego1_small.jpg

"the boomerang"

mj1108

Bearillusion said:

I can see people getting mad at the controller now...

"I hate this suxasses controller!! "

Top Bottom