• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony VP fired after appearing in pedophile sting video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

A senior Sony vice president has been terminated from the electronics and entertainment giant after being caught up in an amateur pedophilia sting video.

George Cacioppo was allegedly trying to arrange a meeting with a 15-year-old boy, according to a video posted by the YouTube channel People vs. Preds. Cacioppo had been a senior vice president of engineering for Sony for the past eight years and worked on the PlayStation Store, according to his LinkedIn profile. He has since been fired after appearing in the video.

That was fast.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The news broke less than an hour ago. No idea why this would get coverage the level of Activision where the CEO was trying to cover it all up.
This was on many forums yesterday. That’s why Jaffe picked it up and called people out. At least some “grave accusations happened, and we are investigating” word of acknowledgment should be expected.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
At a company i used to work at there was a guy caught in a sting, immediately terminated and due to general norms of HR policies it was not a topic to be discussed or gossiped about. It supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, even though there may be an abundance of evidence, if you're in a professional organization, the employee is terminated and everyone continues on.

its generally unrelated to the company the accused works for so why should they make comments(until there is evidence he did these things at work or used company events)...

Last edited:

kyoji

CNET is not the gaming press. There is still nothing from all of those sites and Twitter personalities that did a high horse parade about the Activision bit.
The difference is activision ceo and others KNEW about foul practices and covered them up. For all intent and purposes this guy was just a random scumbag who held a vp position on psn, i dont think anyone was covering up this guys closet lifestyle.

kyliethicc

Not surprising. Looks like all the accusations were true, which looked pretty damning from the onset.

Now can they fire Druckmann too while they're at it? He's been trying to fuck Naughty Dog for the past 15 years
Lol why would Sony fire their most successful game director? Makes them tons of money.

He's the most awarded director in gaming over the last 10 years.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not surprising. Looks like all the accusations were true, which looked pretty damning from the onset.

Now can they fire Druckmann too while they're at it? He's been trying to fuck Naughty Dog for the past 15 years

Do we know they are true? I haven't really followed this in detail. If yes, good riddance. If it's only rumors and accusations though... I'm a fan of "innocent until proven guilty" as a principle. The opposite becoming the norm can lead down very dangerous roads (like people being "cancelled" over unsubstantiated accusations). But Sony probably knows more about this than us to make the decision to can him.

recursive

So whose gonna be ousted next in the xmas diddler of the month club?

I learned one thing during the last few days, gaf sure has a fuckload of paedo sympathisers on here.
Maybe you are confusing things with PedoEra?

kingfey

Banned
Maybe you are confusing things with PedoEra?

read the post. We had interesting fellow pointing some key point about it.

Topher

Gold Member
This was on many forums yesterday. That’s why Jaffe picked it up and called people out. At least some “grave accusations happened, and we are investigating” word of acknowledgment should be expected.

I expect news sites to report the facts of what happened. This guy was busted trying to have sex with what he thought was a minor and Sony fired him for it. Not much else to say.

Tschumi

Sicko.

The crime of abusing children is savagely debased. Kids don't perceive the world the way adults do, these criminals are projecting their insecurities onto blank canvases and devastating those canvases.. these people are the peak endgame of self absorbtion, lack of impulse control and greed.

I don't know how else to put it. These poor children, being used by worthless failed adults... it's one thing to be used, it's another thing to be the incomprehending tool of something that slithers on the floor of the sewerage ridden cellar of society.

I just hope that as many of these fucktards as possible get caught, punished and/or locked away for as much of their life as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom