• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: We’re Shipping PS5 Accessories Early!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just got an email from Sony for my orders placed directly at their store:

Hello Valued Consumer,​
Great news! We are excited to be shipping PS5™ accessories early! The new launch date of your pre-order item(s) will now be 10/30/2020.

If you’d like to keep your pre-order reservation, no additional action is required at this time. We will send you a reminder email in a few days to confirm your payment and shipping details so that we may charge your card prior to shipping the item to you. Make sure to double check your shipping and payment information is correct in the next few days. And if you pre-ordered your items while signed-in you will need to be signed-in to modify your details.

Thank you for being such a valued PlayStation consumer!

My Charging Station and Controller orders say Oct 30 now.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Cool. I guess....
giphy.gif

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is great! It means there's less things they'll have to ship out for launch day. Plus I'm glad I saw your email, since it shows me that they'll be telling me when they'll charge my card. And it won't be some random day.

Reactions: Isa

Banned
if the DualSense works on PS4 this is great... if not then... I mean... it's not very useful lol

but @ everyone who gets a DualSense early, try to connect it to a PS4! I wonder if it works.
the DualShock 4 worked on PS3 too after all, but not with all games and it didn't support sixaxis or rumble, so I hope that if the DualSense works that it works with all the DS4 features

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Hum, tempting. I wouldn't mind trying this on my Switch as I need a new controller and I don't know if I want a Pro with the crappy dpad (I can use literally any accessory on any system with a Titan Two).

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PS5+extra controller+charging station+Pulse 3D. Already preordered!

playstation-5-pulse-3d-wireless-headset_167780.jpg

Can't wait to try true 3D audio instead of all the fake-ass 7.1 channel BS!

Note: You don't need these, any headset that can provide basic 2.0 channel stereo will take full advantage of the HRTF-based 3D audio!

Last edited:
Received the same notification, only applies to my extra controller. Everything else (cradle, headphones, camera) went unmentioned.

Would this mean that this is just the new date for all retailers? Will Target and Amazon be able to ship their accessories early too now?
This occurred during the last generation too. I remember having a PS4 controller about two weeks prior to launch. If there is a street date for them, none of the manufacturers have been keen to enforce it.

lock2k

Banned
DS4 has insane input lag already on PC, probably they'll improve now with Bluetooth 5.1:

DyMVw1_W0AgSL-v.jpg

Of course, better with USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
I never really tried wireless controllers with PC, I used an Xbox One pad with a giant ass usb cable and it feels fine, I would do the same with a Dual Sense.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Received the same notification, only applies to my extra controller. Everything else (cradle, headphones, camera) went unmentioned.

Logon to the Sony site and check. The email only had the controller listed but when I log on the site the other stuff has a 10-30 date also.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I seen some folks on reddit say they got emails that the console would be shipping early on 10/30 too. Was it true?

In the email everything is just listed as “PS5 Digital” followed by an order number so people are probably confused. If they log on their Sony account they will see only accessories are listed for early shipment.

LordOfChaos

Cool gonna plug it into my imagination

Naw I guess controller hands on will be cool, but lacking the haptics, lacking the dynamic triggers, which are the main features

• LOL

jaysius

Banned
PS5+extra controller+charging station+Pulse 3D. Already preordered!

playstation-5-pulse-3d-wireless-headset_167780.jpg

Can't wait to try true 3D audio instead of all the fake-ass 7.1 channel BS!

Note: You don't need these, any headset that can provide basic 2.0 channel stereo will take full advantage of the HRTF-based 3D audio!
You‘re so misguided and wrong here, I don’t even know where to start...Sony marketing bullshit really hits some people in the logic holes hard.

What Sony has made is ANOTHER surround simulation like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X but the difference is their formats never become widespread because they keep them in their own device. There is even a chance that this solution they made themselves might be inferior like MS’ own Windows Sonic, the difference being MS has opened itself to the two main giants that do audio for a living.

Edit: reject reality all you want, Sony has the last laugh selling a pair of overpriced underperforming headphones that will probably be extremely uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You‘re so misguided and wrong here, I don’t even know where to start...Sony marketing bullshit really hits some people in the logic holes hard.

What Sony has made is ANOTHER surround simulation like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X but the difference is their formats never become widespread because they keep them in their own device. There is even a chance that this solution they made themselves might be inferior like MS’ own Windows Sonic, the difference being MS has opened itself to the two main giants that do audio for a living.

I know you don't know shit, but here this should help you understand what true 3D audio is that's GPU-based:

But hey, maybe you you know more than AMD.

Interestingly, the Tempest Engine, is a modified compute unit based on AMD's GPU technology, which closely resembles the SPU (Synergistic Processing Unit) used in the PS3.

You may unsee this post as well and resume your fantasia.

Note: Won't teach you further, you should do your homework. You don't need proprietary BS like Dolby Atmos, any basic 2.0 channel headset will deliver.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I know you don't know shit, but here this should help you understand what true 3D audio that's GPU-based:

But hey, maybe you you know more than AMD.

Interestingly, the Tempest Engine, is a modified compute unit based on AMD's GPU technology, which closely resembles the SPU (Synergistic Processing Unit) used in the PS3.

You may unsee this post as well and resume your fantasia.

Note: Won't teach you further, you should do your homework. You don't need proprietary BS like Dolby Atmos, any basic 2.0 channel headset will deliver.

Well this is hilarious, you know how many years leaders in audio have been trying to make 3D audio work? Creative have had so many HARDWARE based attempts, so have many others. This isn’t a Sony original innovation, most of those attempts at 3D sound sucked too. We’ll have to WAIT AND HEAR what Sony has done.

We won’t know how this TEMPEST engine sounds until we get to hear it ourselves, hardware or not it still could suck. If it’s easy to implement into games maybe more than 1st parties will fully utilize it.

The homework you NEED to do is that you can use Dolby Atmos OR DTS:X on any Windows pc OR Xbox One if you pay the menial fee to unlock the license, yea it’s not hardware based and it has mixed results but your post has only proven that you’ve boofed too much Sony kool aid and have blinders on.

Hell DTS:X even has profiles for thousands of headphones to ensure it’ll sound the best with your chosen headset.

There is ZERO guarantee that this 3D AUDIO will sound any better than what’s already availabile.

Also your note was a hoot, keep making them, they’re really effective when you’re missing the original point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom