• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: "We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5"

kretos

Banned
“While we do not release details related to manufacturing, the information provided by Bloomberg is false," the statement reads.

"We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5 since the start of mass production."

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Told you so. 😎

Ok, let's check the facts and put things in perspective here.

1: Sony has not announced its prediction of shipments by March 2021, so you have to trust Bloomberg even for the 15 million figure (bad idea).
2: The PS4 has shipped 7.5 million units in the same period, and that's one of the most successful consoles of all time.

Now, are we going to seriously believe that someone at Sony believed the sci-fi story that PS5 would sell TWICE as much as PS4 in the same period, possibly with a higher price?

Even assuming this new 11 million figure was valid, it'd be 1.5 times as much as PS4.

Looks like to me that this particular writer is inventing anonymous sources as usual, but you believe what you believe.

GHG

Gold Member
tenor.gif

semicool

Banned
Maybe this statement is the key:

"We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5 since the start of mass production."

So maybe they changed production goals number BEFORE the start of mass production after initial production yields?

I always look for wiggle room in PR statements.

Last edited:

jimbojim

Banned

Who opened thread faster?

LordOfChaos

It has had a negative impact on their share price.

Honestly...Between this and the Apple spy chip story which they never gave follow up on one way or another, I have questions about how Bloomberg vets more junior writers scoops, what motives they may have. Short on bullshit, ride the recovery, seems like a presidential thing to do.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Lmao, bizarrely fast response. Past few weeks have been full of someone saying something and it almost immediately getting shot down, lmao.

Top Bottom