• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Went "Back to the Drawing Board" with Driveclub

Jonboy

Scott Rohde said:
So, I think that at PlayStation, perhaps more than at other places, we’re willing to kinda eat that [cost], and go back to the drawing board and make sure the game is great before we ship it. And that’s what’s going on right now with that game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03...-the-drawing-boarda-to-make-driveclub-agreata

Edit: Game hasn't been reset again as far as we can tell. I made the mistake of using the ign title originally. Forgive me. Never intended to mislead anyone.

Edit 2:

Screenshot_2014_03_10_15_17_26.png

nynt9

Clarification to the OP: They're not doing this now, they've been doing it for a while. This is explaining what they've been doing since the delay, from what I can tell.

Haven't they been back at the drawing board for a few months now? Seems like he is restating why the game didn't launch when it was initially expected to. Unless this is brand new news and they are back to the drawing board again for a second time.

Dynedom

I don't necessarily think this is indicative of a new delay but more of an explanation of why it was delayed in the first place and why they're not willing to commit to a release date.

That or it's slowly becoming vaporware.

This game had better be a looker.

I remember it previewing really poorly at E3, although I forget if that was more on the visual side.

The E3 demo didn't look particularly next gen (I could barely tell the difference between it and GT6, except for a few brief moments in which the cars slowed down), but later builds looked markedly improved.

noobasuar

Banned
Knew it. Weren't they talking about positioning this game as being super heavy on microtranscations?

Deserve what they get if that's the direction they were going.

Dysun

Still don't know why they greenlit another racing sim game when they have Gran Turismo under their umbrella

Frodo

Next-gen TLG?

2015 release date? Holiday 2014?

What does this mean?

Edit:

When asked about when it’ll launch, Rohde said, “We’re not announcing any specifics on that yet.” When pressed on if it would still come out sometime in 2014, Rohde refused to say, though Sony PR stepped in to say that we’d get more details soon.

Sounds like it is not coming out this year, then.

Top Bottom