• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Went "Back to the Drawing Board" with Driveclub

The development of this game is one big cluster...

1288114020_rally-car-crashes-flipping-several-times.gif

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I really, really hope this is a smashing success because if there's one thing the world needs, it's more PGR-style racers.

I'm just not convinced that Sony cares about first-party racers that don't come from Polyphony Digital, and that has me worried.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really, really hope this is a smashing success because if there's one thing the world needs, it's more PGR-style racers.

I'm just not convinced that Sony cares about first-party racers that don't come from Polyphony Digital, and that has me worried.
If they didn't care about this game they would have just shat it out at launch and been done with it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If they didn't care about this game they would have just shat it out at launch and been done with it.

Understood, but the nonchalant way they confirmed the delay has me worried. At least give me some more frequent status updates, trailers and the like so we can have more info. Tracks, cars, networking, we don't know much.

jaydogg691

Damn! My #1 anticipated PS4 game is in development hell. I think all the GT6/Forza 5 comparisons and 60fps talk made them think it over. I hope the dream is good and we can see this as fall game. Guess I'll go back to playing some Rivals.

Seriously, Rivals is such a fun game. If it wasn't for the Driveclub delay I might have missed how great Rivals is.

Cyberia

I meant delay after delay for DriveClub, which was supposed to come out shortly into the new year after its delay and now god knows when it's gonna fall.

But Sony has had bad luck with its partners. Since its first party output is taking a long time to come to fruition (we're now going to be looking toward maybe four or five months after MLB and inFamous with nothing from them), they have to rely on their partners. And Watch Dogs also got that delay, so did The Crew, so did the Sony exclusive Deep Down, Octodad got delayed until April.

Octodad ‏@octodadgame
April is the PS4 goal. There was never a definite date, or delay. Also, considering Xbox One means we thought about it in our brains. #news

https://twitter.com/octodadgame/status/436466968346914816

Ploid 3.0

I don't mind the delays, as long as the game turns out better it's better than paying for a beta and being pushed to buying the expansion (diablo 3 style, many other examples out there too).

EGM1966

In context I read it as "it needed more polish and we'd rather invest in said polish than shove it out as a beta and patch it to hell post launch".

That's fine by me. I'd much prefer delays (being the patient type) vs rushed releases so long as when it lands it really is polished and solid as a game.

If it still launches as an unpolished game then of course they deserve a metric tonne of criticism.

Back to the drawing board!?!?!?

WTF!?!?!?

The game was supposed to be a launch title!!!!

According to most reports it was nearly done and ready for release in early 2014 after the delay.

So what are they doing with this then? Any new word on it?

Back to the drawing board!?!?!?

WTF!?!?!?

The game was supposed to be a launch title!!!!

According to most reports it was nearly done and ready for release in early 2014 after the delay.

So what are they doing with this then? Any new word on it?

Did you read this thread at all?

crazyprac

My hype for this game is going down the drain. I love GT(still bought gt6) but its constant delay/production cause me to buy forza day one for my racing needs at that moment. Lol I won't be surprised if another forza(horizon) comes out before either this comes out... What a shame.

Maybe since my hype is gone by the time it comes out, I'll be thoroughly impressed.

As long as it doesn't get Watched Dogged...

Seik

Banned
I'm not that much of a racing games guy, but I can imagine the lots of you expecting the game since launch being fucking pissed.

The drawing board? Really? :(

There is this one gif that was made from some European promo footage that featured never before seen Driveclub clips, it looked breathtaking. Can anyone post that particular video/gif?

SkylineRKR

I guess they're going to tone down on the social shit. Its not really picking up in other games as well. Perhaps they overhaul it and make it a career based racing game. Or something like Horizon.

Boke1879

While I don't think this game is in development hell. I do share the frustration with many people. Sony really needs to stop being so damn quiet.This game was originally supposed to be at launch and for PS+. It got delayed that's fine. But we haven't heard or seen ANYTHING since the PS4 launched.

Then you have an article like this. I can see why some people would be losing hype for this game. Sony better show something at GDC.

coldfoot

Banned
I can see 3 options I'd be happy with:

1. Merge it with Gran Turismo, give us 1080p60 graphics with incredible lighting and car models, and have it ready by Xmas.
2. Convert it to an open world game like Forza Horizon
3. Let Evolution make Motorstorm 4 :(

Does or did the game ever really look anything like that is the question you need to be asking. All signs point to fuck no if it needs to go back to the drawing board.

They shared most of these clips directly via the share button and uploaded them on their facebook page. So it was running on a Ps4.

Either merge it with Gran Turismo, or have Evolution work on Motorstorm 4 :(

noooooo, I don't want a racing sim, let GT be the sole racing sim game for PS, I want an adrenalin packed racing game that isn't sim and not too fast paced like burnout. Somewhere in between, DriveClub.

Did you read this thread at all?

Yep! However, it was mostly just conjecture and speculation.

There doesn't seem to be any real solid word on this.

Sony seems to have some real development issues going on behind the scenes.

This news isn't exactly reassuring after the cancellation of that Sony Santa Monica title Stig was creating.

While I don't think this game is in development hell. I do share the frustration with many people. Sony really needs to stop being so damn quiet.This game was originally supposed to be at launch and for PS+. It got delayed that's fine. But we haven't heard or seen ANYTHING since the PS4 launched.

Then you have an article like this. I can see why some people would be losing hype for this game. Sony better show something at GDC.

Seriously!

Just give us SOMETHING!!!!!

Sony's taciturn nature with PS4 software development has been exasperating.

Top Bottom