• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony X900E settings for gaming at 4k/HDR

Toe-Knee

Good luck, I haven't been able to find an HDMI switch compatible with a PS4 Pro (tried 3 different switches all claiming to be compatible).

I've been using this with no issues at all.

HUIERAV HDMI 2.0 Ultra HD 4Kx2K/60Hz HDMI Switch| HDMI 2 Ports Bi-direction Manual Switch 2x1 or 1x2 AB Switch Splitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06VVM9312/

It works splitting the output from the pro to the TV and psvr and also the other way doing two outputs into one input.

The customer service is excellent too as my first unit had a handshake issue on output 2 and they just sent another out for free without asking for the original unit sending back

Toe-Knee

And which one is the better one? Cause i tend to buy the 930
I think it depends on what you value more.

The Xe9005 will be able to get darker whilst displaying bright highlights.

The 930 haste brighter by a is nation but the dimming isn't as finely controlled.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I think I recall some YouTube videos saying the 930 has a similar contrast ratio to oled due to it being able to get really bright (1500 nits I think)

Both are great tvs

Wonkytonk

I picked up the 49” XE9005 the other day and it’s absolutely superb. Cost me a little under £1K and I couldn’t be happier!

UraMallas

Has anybody had an issue where when they come out of a game the screen gives a little 'pop' and then it's just all static that flickers to black and then back to static? I had to turn off the TV but when I turned it back on the menu was back up. This is on Xbox One X. I was playing Forza Horizon 3, had 4K HDR modes on, and I opened up the menu and manually quit the game and then that happened.

Last edited:

Mithan

Neo Member
Has anybody had an issue where when they come out of a game the screen gives a little 'pop' and then it's just all static that flickers to black and then back to static? I had to turn off the TV but when I turned it back on the menu was back up. This is on Xbox One X. I was playing Forza Horizon 3, had 4K HDR modes on, and I opened up the menu and manually quit the game and then that happened.

Yes, on PS4. I think I replaced the cable and it stopped happening though.

Reich

What are your settings ?

Man, everything looks dim.

HDR/4K is enhanced. Playing on HDMI 3.

Really disapointed so far !

Observadorpt

Neo Member
Hi

I have a sony bravia xe90 (x900e in US) and a ps4 pro. I don´t know if anyone here have or had the problem i have since i bought this tv. Well the problem is when i have the theme red flux (i think its the name of the theme in english) or the same theme in blue in my ps4 pro, appear in the middle of the screen some black bars from left to right, appears like some sort of shadows dont know how to explain, i have tryied other HDMI cables and the problem persists . I cannot see those bars in games only in the themes. I have searched everywhere and i cannot find any related problems, and sometimes when i leave games or turn on the ps4 the image doesnt appear but i can hear the menu music i change the channel and change again to ps4 doenst solve only disconnecting the cable solve the problem. If anyone have or had this problem please tell me if its the tv needs repair or ps4. Thanks.

Observadorpt

Neo Member
Hi

Update: I take a printscreen with the share button of the ps4 and in my laptop i can see the black shadows well if it was the tv fault in the printscreen the black bars never appear but still apear so its ps4 fault.

Observadorpt

Neo Member
No idea, sorry. Sounds like a very specific problem. Maybe ask on the Sony forums?

meanwhile i was talking with a friend with a sony xe70 and the ps4 pro does the same problem, i turn on my old plasma a panasonic gt30 and dont have any problem. Strange.

Top Bottom